From 07/23/2000 to 08/21/2000
- 09:09 PM Bug #91 (Resolved): need to synchronize accession# assignment & meta_file_id field
- When a metadata file is uploaded to the network (using INSERT), it is assigned a
new accession number if the provide...
- 09:03 PM Bug #90 (Resolved): need data "browse" capability
- Need a pre-canned query that displays the logged-in user's data sets in a
browsable list. This browsable datasets l...
- 09:00 PM Bug #89 (Resolved): login box should close automatically on success
- The use rlogin box currently uses a "Continue" button to dismiss it. Instead,
it should automatically close upon lo...
- 08:56 PM Bug #88 (Resolved): need ability to manipulate access control lists
- The client will be saving metadata and data to the server. It needs to be able
to send owner and ACL information wh...
- 08:53 PM Bug #87 (Resolved): need ability to upload data with metadata
- dmanclient currently does not upload data with the metadata that is being
registered. Need to add this feature so t...
- 08:49 PM Bug #39: Finish integrating saveToDatabase() functionality
- Much of this integration is complete, but it still is its own menu item, and
should be integrated with "Save as...".
- 08:48 PM Bug #12: compilation error in mde (FormViewTable.java)
- no longer using this code, so bug no longer exists.
- 08:46 PM Bug #8: element without attribute causes null pointer exception
- moved bug to dmanclient product.
- 08:45 PM Bug #38: mde inappropriately depends on specific IBM parser
- need to eliminate dependency on XML4J. Best if we use only SAX and DOM
interfaces for reading the document, and read...
- 08:44 PM Bug #4: save as doesn't prompt before overwriting
- moved bug to dmanclient product
- 08:43 PM Bug #37: mde URLs for DTDs are inaccessible to metacat on insert
- moved bug to dmanclient product
- 08:41 PM Bug #2: attribute editing for EMPTY elements doesn't work
- moved to dmanclient product
- 08:38 PM Bug #86 (Resolved): author only search fails to return proper resultset
- Filling in a last name in the "Author" field of a Thematic querybean search does
not return the correct resultset (a...
- 08:33 PM Bug #85 (Resolved): add "Expert mode" checkbox to toolbar
- Many current user interface features are advanced and should by default be
hidden to simplify the user interface. A...
- 08:31 PM Bug #84 (Resolved): create javadoc documentation
- Need to create javadoc documentation for all public and protected methods and
fields in dmanclient. See the format u...
- 08:29 PM Bug #83 (Resolved): remove hardcoded parser names
- Some references to the SAX parser driver are hardcoded into the source code.
These shoulld be replaced with referen...
- 08:27 PM Bug #81: need ability to "round-trip" metadata (mde -> server -> querybean -> mde)
- linked to bug #82 for UI changes.
- 08:23 PM Bug #81 (Resolved): need ability to "round-trip" metadata (mde -> server -> querybean -> mde)
- Currently, there is no way to totally manage server-based metadata from the
client because one cannot easily transfe...
- 08:26 PM Bug #82 (Resolved): change behavior of single-click in querybean results table
- The querybean results table currently listens for list selection events, and
when a record is selected, the document...
- 08:17 PM Bug #80 (Resolved): disable content edit frame in mde
- The current attempt at form-based editing in mde (ContentEditFrame) is broken
and should be eliminated from the UI u...
- 08:15 PM Bug #79 (Resolved): change default window sizes in mde
- The mde application currently opens document windows in fixed sizes that are
awkward to use and bear no relation to ...
- 08:12 PM Bug #78 (Resolved): remove "type" column from mde attributes table
- The "Type" column in the mde attributes table will not be useful to most users,
provides no useful information for u...
- 08:10 PM Bug #77 (Resolved): "document type" search should be changed
- The current "Document Type" search in querybean is structured in a way that most
ecologists will not use frequently....
- 08:02 PM Bug #76 (Resolved): local and network queries should work the same
- Currently, local and network queries search using different algorithms
(therefore they return a different set of doc...
- 07:59 PM Bug #75 (Resolved): need "search network" checkbox
- Currently, the querybean client has a "Local only?" checkbox allowing the user
to specify that only local queries ar...
- 07:56 PM Bug #74 (Resolved): Need to relabel dmanclient UI tabs
- Elements of the dmanclient user interface need to be relabeled in a
user-friendly manner. For example, the term "me...
- 05:59 PM Bug #73 (Resolved): eliminate all System.out and Sytem.err messages
- The dmanclient currently prints copious debugging messages to stderr and
stdout. All of these must be removed, eith...
- 05:57 PM Bug #72 (Resolved): need more user friendly notification on document errors
- When a document error occurs, like if it can't be opened, saved, etc., or if
there are validation or other errors, t...
- 05:53 PM Bug #71 (Resolved): File->New->Cancel still creates a new document
- The MDE "New" dialog box has an "OK" and a "Cancel" button. Choosing cancel
should result in no action, but current...
- 05:52 PM Bug #70 (Resolved): mde fails to open documents if tmp directory is missing
- mde uses a temporary directory for storing copies of files when opening
documents. If the directory is missing, fil...
- 05:49 PM Bug #69 (Resolved): options dialog label "Schema URL" is really "System ID"
- The term "Schema URL" that we made up for a label in the mde Options dialog box
could be changed to "System ID" beca...
- 05:47 PM Bug #68 (Resolved): Query performance inhibits UI refresh
- When a query is launched, especially when local queries are running, there is a
very long delay before all of the ap...
- 05:45 PM Bug #67 (Resolved): Need "not implemented yet" indication
- All parts of dmanclient that represent features that are not yet implemented
need some text or other indication that...
- 05:42 PM Bug #66 (Resolved): Need a progress bar on queries
- The queryBean interface needs a UI widget to indicate that a query is still
happening. I't could be of the "indeter...
- 05:41 PM Bug #65 (Resolved): toolbar "Save" and File->save are different
- Clicking on the toolbar "Save" icon, and clicking on the file menu "Save' item
brings up different dialog boxes that...
- 02:56 PM Bug #64: opening documents in mde fails because publicID not found
- Determined that the comparison fails because the publicid is actually compared
with the options document root name, r...
- 02:52 PM Bug #64 (Resolved): opening documents in mde fails because publicID not found
- Trying to open a document in mde fails because the comparison of the document
publicID with the publicID stored in t...
- 02:38 PM Bug #50: new mdeBean generates NullPointerException when run
- Bug fixed by minor changers in code and placing gif files in proper location
(Loding using getResource() appends pack...
- 01:08 PM Bug #50 (Resolved): new mdeBean generates NullPointerException when run
- Running the new dmanclinet code with the mdeBean generates a
NullPointerException when a new document is created. Th...
- 09:06 AM Bug #10: Current Drive problem
- Fixed with new platform independent method for getting current working directory
- 09:04 AM Bug #9: Win 98 Not recognized - error in getting working dir
- Bug fixed with new platform independent routine for getting working directory
- 09:02 AM Bug #37: mde URLs for DTDs are inaccessible to metacat on insert
- Public ID now assigned through Options class in mde. Metacat should ignore the
system ID if proper Public ID assigned...
- 08:59 AM Bug #36: mde doesn't handle PUBLIC ids properly
- Options class modified to include a PublicID string that is used in the DOCTYPE
element of the XML document created
- 08:42 AM Bug #11: ibm xml parser jar file missing or corrupted
- Problem no longer exists.
Also available in: Atom