From 11/19/2001 to 12/18/2001
- 06:38 PM Bug #375: morpho fails to display access metadata
- FIXED. Morpho config can now take a list of doctypes for each of the relevant
types. The first in the list is used ...
- 05:22 PM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- All but empty code definitions fixed: new bug entered
- 05:16 PM Bug #376 (Resolved): Allow the user to enter code definitions
- The code definitions in enumeratedDomain are blank, empty elements. The
wizard should prompt the user to defineeach...
- 05:06 PM Bug #346: make sure morpho displays ALL eml field documentation
- all of the documentation is now copied for release 1. I have written a parser which kind of works for creating the d...
- 02:24 PM Bug #369: unnecessary menus in text import wizard
- Postpone until next release. There is some misunderstanding in your last
comment Dan about what I was proposing. We...
- 02:21 PM Bug #288: Need activity indication when awaiting response from Metacat
- Postponed till next release.
- 11:34 AM Bug #363: update morpho and metacat DTDs to include EML2.0.0Beta5
- 11:34 AM Bug #318: identifier not passed to new metadatat objects
- all identifiers and triples are now displayed in a locked panel. all paragraphs are displayed in a text area panel.
- 10:53 AM Bug #372: need for 'Guest;/Public' log in
- I wanted to add another note to this bug. After working with the documentation
it becomes a little confusing to exp...
- 07:21 PM Bug #375 (Resolved): morpho fails to display access metadata
- The new version of Morpho fails to display the access metadata associated with
older versions of EML. This seems to...
- 04:51 PM Bug #374 (Resolved): dtd parser cannot handle multi-rooted dtds
- Currently, the dtd parser uses its bultin abitlity to 'guess' the root element
of a dtd. This does not work when the...
- 01:52 PM Bug #333: add fields to package wizard
- this is complete.
- 05:08 PM Bug #222: Test Morpho and the Morpho Installer on MacOS and MacOS X.
- JVM/OS system detector and warning implemented. Current 1.3 code tested on Mac
OS 9. A few functions do not work on O...
- 05:05 PM Bug #368: Morpho windows won't close
- fixed problem where editorPlugin was not releasing references to DocPanel
objects when those windows were closed. Thi...
- 04:58 PM Bug #352: errors in XML editor with complex documents
- Bug has been fixed with a rewrite of the method that merged DTD tree with
instance tree (treeUnion).
- 04:57 PM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- "spurious values" that appeared in the editor have been fixed
- 05:13 PM Bug #371: problems with wizard-generated eml-physical documents
- Field delimiter notation changed to XML hex notation; i.e. "	" for a tab
- 10:46 AM Bug #344: need larger boxes for entering paragraphs
- fixed the last part of this bug. the text area fields now repeat correctly. it is now done.
- 05:21 PM Bug #344: need larger boxes for entering paragraphs
- added support for 'multiline' input boxes in the editor. now you can specify a textbox with an attribute of multilin...
- 05:19 PM Bug #333: add fields to package wizard
- added the rights and additional Info fields. need to evaluate the rest of the wizard screens still.
- 04:37 PM Bug #372 (Resolved): need for 'Guest;/Public' log in
- Some recent discussions with Eric indicate that the concept of "Metacat
Login" seen in the first Morpho screen is s...
- 01:36 PM Bug #369: unnecessary menus in text import wizard
- Points about integrating functionality into the 'wizard' rather than using menu
and toolbars are good, although I hav...
- 12:52 PM Bug #369: unnecessary menus in text import wizard
- Reopened to continue this discussion, and cc'ing Chad, Chris and Mark to get
You've said that the Tex...
- 09:52 AM Bug #369: unnecessary menus in text import wizard
- Menu and toolbar are both useful and necessary! In particular, if someone want
to submit metadata, but not data, then...
- 12:36 PM Bug #371: problems with wizard-generated eml-physical documents
- Yes, the line containing column names is a header line, as are any other line
that precede the actual data. In the c...
- 12:00 PM Bug #371: problems with wizard-generated eml-physical documents
- items #2, #3, and #4 in original comments have been fixed
- 10:53 AM Bug #371: problems with wizard-generated eml-physical documents
- Concerning # of header lines::: Is the line containing column tiles (if
present) considered a header line?
- 10:21 AM Bug #371: problems with wizard-generated eml-physical documents
- Concerning Item#1: The use of words to describe delimiters seemss apppropriate
(and will happen) as long as we allow ...
- 12:08 PM Bug #295: unable to create new eml-project documents
- Creation of new eml-project instances is now much quicker due to change in how
new eml instances are created in the e...
- 12:05 PM Bug #350: problem inserting eml-project files to metacat
- Problem was fixed by removing optional and blank elements from xml generated by
the editor. Prevously, recursive elem...
- 12:02 PM Bug #349: failure when entering table description
- Problem with importing date without actually including a data file has been fixed.
"Associate Data" button now appear...
- 11:58 AM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- requirement for unit field has been removed
- 10:12 AM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- Response to comments by Matt Jones on 12/8
Items 2 and 3 are really problems with the XML editor. (#3%2) If one actu...
- 01:26 AM Bug #281: connection and other errors on Solaris
- Delay until next release because it is not high-priority to support unix
variants. It works on linux. We're running o...
- 01:18 AM Bug #371 (Resolved): problems with wizard-generated eml-physical documents
- The text import wizard generates eml-physical documents. They have some issues:
1) fieldDelimiter and recordDelim...
- 01:05 AM Bug #370 (Resolved): xml output contains incorrect leading space
- After generating XML documents using the New Data Package Wizard, the elements
in many (all?) of the XML documents c...
- 12:58 AM Bug #369 (Resolved): unnecessary menus in text import wizard
- The text import wizard displays a File menu and a toolbar with buttons on it.
This is unnecessary in the wizard con...
- 12:56 AM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- Better. Now the relevant fields are present and they save properly. Some new
issues have arisen.
1) The "unit" fiel...
- 12:48 AM Bug #343: text import doesn't reliably save datatype
- DONE. Tested and works in current CVS version.
- 12:10 AM Bug #355: show icon indicating presence of data in package list
- DONE. The Morpho result panel now displays one of 6 icons (instead of 3
before). Those icons indicate that the pack...
- 12:16 PM Bug #368 (Resolved): Morpho windows won't close
- After conducting three or so searches I'm not able to close the search results
boxes. From this point on morpho wi...
- 03:03 PM Bug #315: Need to add eml-physical creation to package wizard and text input wizard
- eml-entity, eml-attribute, eml-physical are now all
properly created by the text import wizard and by the data packag...
- 10:34 AM Bug #315: Need to add eml-physical creation to package wizard and text input wizard
- given to dan since he already started on it.
- 03:01 PM Bug #261: need better metadata/data interface
- Data files can now be added to a DatAPackage and associated with existing metadata.
- 08:23 PM Bug #348: remove eml-physical from new descriptions list
- removed. it has not yet been integrated into the wizard though
- 08:17 PM Bug #347: remove eml-distribution from morpho
- 04:46 PM Bug #316: PREVIOUS button in Package Wizard generates inappropriate warnings
- warnings removed
- 06:42 PM Bug #281: connection and other errors on Solaris
- I tried reproducing this bug on another Solaris box, but didn't have Solaris
2.5.1, rather Solaris 2.7 (SunOS 5.7). ...
- 04:02 PM Bug #317: difference in display between table editor and attributes
- This is not a bug but rather a mistake in understancing that certain parameters
are stored in XML attributes rather t...
- 05:12 PM Bug #296: HTML help files need to be upgraded
- Chris and Mark will work with Eric to make the revisions to the files and get
them committed in CVS by December 10th....
- 05:09 PM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- Reassigned to jones for testing.
- 05:07 PM Bug #363 (Resolved): update morpho and metacat DTDs to include EML2.0.0Beta5
- We will release a new version of EML with our accumulated changes and with
updated documentation. Need to add these...
- 05:05 PM Bug #362 (Resolved): save invalid xml docs without DOCTYPE
- Morpho currently allows users to create and save invalid doctypes locally. If
they send them to metacat, the invali...
- 05:03 PM Bug #361 (Resolved): strip empty elements if blank
- When users fill out form fields in the various XML editors in morpho, we
sometimes create an empty element if they l...
- 05:00 PM Bug #360 (In Progress): consolidate configuration information
- Morpho currently has configuration info about schemas, layout, and help hints
spread across at least 4 types of conf...
- 04:56 PM Bug #359 (Resolved): new mechanism for editing XML attributes
- XML attributes are currently edited in a separate table which is typically
visually unapparent to the user. Need a ...
- 04:54 PM Bug #358 (Resolved): need visual indicator of login and network status
- When morpho has network access to metacat, a user can be logged in or not. If
they are logged in, they have the acc...
- 04:51 PM Bug #357 (Resolved): determine if a network connection is available
- Morpho often hangs if the network is unreachable or if Metacat is unreachable.
Need to create a status flag indicat...
- 04:49 PM Bug #356 (Resolved): resolve icon usability issues
- Current icons in Morpho are not completely telegraphic. Need to resolve
usability and understandability of icons wi...
- 04:47 PM Bug #355 (Resolved): show icon indicating presence of data in package list
- Current icons in the resultpanel show whether or not a file is local, or is on
metacat. Need to also show whether o...
- 04:24 PM Bug #281: connection and other errors on Solaris
- Chris will test this on lifescie and try to reproduce it.
- 03:47 PM Bug #317: difference in display between table editor and attributes
- Not a bug. They don't show up in element list because this info is encoded as
XML attributes, and it is visually dif...
- 03:27 PM Bug #295: unable to create new eml-project documents
- Performance problem. Will fix while fixing bug #352
- 03:04 PM Bug #221: Test Morpho and the Morpho Installer on Linux
- Layout issues on linux (chopped fonts, etc.) Many layout issues go away with jdk
1.4. Delay till after release 1.
- 03:00 PM Bug #346: make sure morpho displays ALL eml field documentation
- Short term: copy ALL documentation to morpho where it is needed.
Long term: create way to get info directly from XSD...
- 07:10 PM Bug #346 (Resolved): make sure morpho displays ALL eml field documentation
- Morpho now selectively displays eml documentation. Need to make sure that it
displays all of the EML documentation ...
- 02:38 PM Bug #315: Need to add eml-physical creation to package wizard and text input wizard
- Reenable creation of eml-physical.
- 07:06 PM Bug #315: Need to add eml-physical creation to package wizard and text input wizard
- Overall need to be sure that eml-entity, eml-attribute, eml-physical are all
properly created by the text import wiza...
- 02:26 PM Bug #222: Test Morpho and the Morpho Installer on MacOS and MacOS X.
- Use a jvm/os detector from system.properties to turn off some code for OS9. Put
up a warning dialog saying they shou...
- 02:19 PM Bug #211: Data entity editor and display
- Display finished. Editor to be implemented later.
- 01:34 PM Bug #330: need stylesheet catalog
- When this is implemented, consider using the format that metacat uses for
storing stylesheet catalog information. Th...
- 09:21 AM Bug #354 (Resolved): User input column(Attribute) data types
- Need capability for user to enter new column data types (i.e add to choice list)
- 09:19 AM Bug #353 (Resolved): Text Import Wizard does not allow Min/Max input
- Current version of TextImportWizard determines min and max for numeric columns,
but does not allow user input. Need ...
- 09:16 AM Bug #352 (Resolved): errors in XML editor with complex documents
- Several errors in the displayed XML document have been observed, especially with
complex documents with (CHOICE) nod...
- 09:10 AM Bug #351 (Resolved): access control for added data&metadata
- When additional data and associated metadata is added to a package,
access-contol information for the newly added do...
- 09:08 AM Bug #350 (Resolved): problem inserting eml-project files to metacat
- Christy Bowles has reported that trying to submit an eml-project file to metacat
results in an error (a dtd problem?)
- 09:06 AM Bug #347: remove eml-distribution from morpho
- It is embodied in the onlineURL and offlineMedium fields from eml-resource,
which is the sepertype of eml-dataset. T...
- 09:43 PM Bug #347: remove eml-distribution from morpho
- Upon reviewing eml-dataset schemas in mdstandards module, I cannot find any
place where eml-distribution is actually ...
- 07:12 PM Bug #347 (Resolved): remove eml-distribution from morpho
- The eml-distribution module is now incorporated into eml-dataset. We should
remove it from morpho as a standalone m...
- 07:27 PM Bug #349 (Resolved): failure when entering table description
- Morpho fails with an error when entering a new table description without
pointing at an object. One should be able ...
- 07:17 PM Bug #348 (Resolved): remove eml-physical from new descriptions list
- eml-physical should be created automatically as part of the text import wizard
and so should not be a selectable cho...
- 07:03 PM Bug #318: identifier not passed to new metadatat objects
- Need to configure all morpho screens so that identifiers can not be entered or
changed anywhere. This is confusing t...
- 06:59 PM Bug #345 (Resolved): pick lists for controlled vocabularies
- Morpho should be able to be configured to support multiple controlled
vocabularies and present the user with an easy...
- 06:57 PM Bug #344 (Resolved): need larger boxes for entering paragraphs
- Many places in morpho require the user to enter paragraphs of information, but
display these fields as one line text...
- 06:55 PM Bug #343 (Resolved): text import doesn't reliably save datatype
- The datatype field for attributes is parsed and set by the text import wizard
but is not saved reliably in the final...
- 06:53 PM Bug #342 (Resolved): display metadata file timestamps
- Some users requested that the package display show the modification timestamp
for packages. Also wanted timestamps ...
- 06:49 PM Bug #341: text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- This is partially completed. However, when I tested it in Morpho the values
that I entered into the fields for label...
- 06:47 PM Bug #341 (Resolved): text import issues with eml-attribute creation
- While parsing and importing text files we currently default fill in the
attribute definition to be identical to the ...
- 06:44 PM Bug #340 (Resolved): need degree/minute/second converter for bounding box entry
- Degrees in eml are expressed exclusively as decimal degrees, but many scienties
have degrees:minutes:seconds. Need ...
- 05:51 PM Bug #334 (Resolved): complete/basic option for package wizard
- Request was made by the REOT group to have an option to switch between a "basic"
mode and a "complete" mode in the p...
- 05:48 PM Bug #333 (Resolved): add fields to package wizard
- Need to add the core fields to the package wizard to allow for a reasonably
complete metadata set using only the pac...
- 12:00 PM Bug #330 (Resolved): need stylesheet catalog
- we need to create a catalog of stylesheets for morpho so that when the user exports a package, the html file can be r...
- 11:49 AM Bug #301: use UID as scope, chek for conflicts
- added a method to re-id an entire package. If the upload of a package fails due to a duplicate id, each file in the ...
- 04:49 PM Bug #312: layout of package wizard needs work
- this was fixed a while ago. I just never marked it as so.
- 03:52 PM Bug #212: jar file handling for data packages
- Created the HTML file with merged metadata. this fils still looks a bit rough but is useful. I also added a link in...
Also available in: Atom