Metacat couldn't update a document from client, which previous versions only stay in xml_revisions table
Metacat has document tao.14334.2 and tao.14334.1. However they all were deleted. That means they stay in xml_revisions table, rather than xml_documents table.
When client uploads tao.14334.3 to metacat as "UPDATE" action, metacat will give an error:
edu.ucsb.nceas.metacat.McdbDocNotFoundException: Document not found:tao.14334
Here are steps how to produce the bug:
1. Open morpho and use new data package wizard to generate a very simple eml document.
2. Save the document to both local and metacat and get docid foo.23.1.
3. Go Documentation|title & abstract menu, modify the title.
4. Save the document to both local and metacat, get docid foo.23.2
5. Go to File|Delete menu, delete the network copy.
6. Then try to save to network again.
7. Since docid was conflict, user will given options to choose - increase revision and increase docid.
8. Choose increase revision number.
9. User will get the error:
edu.ucsb.nceas.metacat.McdbDocNotFoundException: Document not found