Project Team Meetings » History » Revision 14

« Previous | Revision 14/31 (diff) | Next »
Corinna Gries, 11/22/2013 01:28 PM

Project Team Meetings

next meeting TBD


Scott, Syd, Corinna

Workshop preparation: What to ask people to do in preparation for attending:
bring a dataset - multi species and multi sampling
how do you want to analyze your data
bring R code if available
What questions can be asked across several datasets of different taxonomic groups and habitats

list of indices that we already have identified on this website
R code to handle the four example datasets

Kepler workflow to access the data via EML and pass on a R dataframe
Or R code accessing datasets in DataONE


Matt, Scott, Corinna

plans for the workshop:

treat part of the workshop as hackathon, combine ecologists, R specialist, and workflow specialist in groups to actually implement an analysis.

Data sets: people should bring their data sets.

Syd to find appropriate data sets and give feedback on how to find them.

goals of workshop:

list of analyses, list of data sets, what is need to move from raw data to analyses and visualization.


Matt, Scott, Syd, Sam, Corinna

Started list of potential invitees for the workshop in google docs.


Matt, Scott, Syd, Sam, Corinna

Matt is still trying to hire a programmer
Corinna announced project at LTER IM meeting and got several responses regarding datasets available. Specifically GCE, LUQ, and VCR
Syd has started R programming for some community change indeces

workshop planning:
start document for goals, participants and agenda

action items:
Corinna start document for workshop planning
Syd and Sam communicate about R routines for data manipulation
Syd and Scot get names of datasets from SEV and KNZ to Corinna
Corinna and Sam work with Kristin and Adam to get EML for those datasets


Matt, Scott, Syd, Sam, Corinna

Action items from last meeting
Scott - report from the Science Council meeting re. datasets
Matt - intro to project management system and start of tracking Community Change indices
Corinna - start list of participants for first workshop at NCEAS

Scott announced the project at the LTER Science Council meeting
Important to remember is that we have support to clean data and document them in EML. We are not expecting the information managers at other sites to add this to their tasks. We can take datasets that have at least 10 data points at even time intervals.

Action items:
Matt: add functionality to this project management system to track datasets from a general idea of its existence to actually being in the NIS/DataONE
Corinna: start adding Community Change indices from the proposal to redmine.


Matt, Syd, Corinna

Today we filled Syd in a bit on her role in the project and talked some more about the first workshop in spring 2014.

Action items:
Corinna - doodle for the community workshop in February/March and set date
Syd - download and explore Kepler
Scott and Syd - start list of community change metrics that we want to encode
Matt - hire programmer

Next project team meeting: 6/13/2013 1 pm MDT

Updated by Corinna Gries over 9 years ago · 14 revisions