Allow specification of points possible for each question during data upload
We want the user to be able to upload the number of points possible for each question. Because it's possible that they have this information in their grading spreadsheet, this should happen during the data upload process. After that, the information may end up as part of the QTI, or part of the uploaded CSV file. It's not clear which of these is most desirable at this point.
There are several cases that should be supported:
1. The user has the data in the spreadsheet
2. The user wants to specify that all questions have the same point value
3. The user wants to enter in the information for each question (maybe starting with 2 and then editing the results)
#1 Updated by Ryan McFall over 12 years ago
The GUI for doing this is complete for the prototype. In the interests of time, I didn't write the interface to allow the user to get the information out of their spreadsheet. Instead, they can assign all questions the same points possible, or they can assign each one individually, possibly starting with a default value.
The points possible are now written to the data file created by the Data Import process. These are always there, regardless of whether the user chose to import them or not (the values will be empty if not specified; this is consistent with the behavior of other data like Response and file names).
Now Ben needs to take over and modify the schema describing the data file to allow for this.
1. I'm only showing the question identifier when associating the points possible with questions. I'd assume we'd what to show the prompt as well.
2. This made me wonder how well this whole system handles multiple part questions. At this point I think that Ben is passing me an IAssessment object that contains IQuestion objects. I think there's probably one IQuestion per response item at this point in time. What's the prompt - is it a concatenation of the common instructions (Question level prompt) and the response item prompt? That's what I think it should be - Ben, can you confirm?
I'm assigning this to Ben now, since he needs to do a bit of work to mark it completed.