From 04/30/2009 to 05/29/2009
- 01:55 PM Bug #3522: Allow specification of points possible for each question during data upload
- At this point (data import) we will have one question (IQuestion) for every response item (even in the case when ther...
- 10:26 AM Bug #3522: Allow specification of points possible for each question during data upload
- The GUI for doing this is complete for the prototype. In the interests of time, I didn't write the interface to allo...
- 12:11 PM Bug #4110 (Resolved): Next button not enabled correctly when going back to IdentifyStudentColumn
- If you set the identifier column, and then click next, the correct column will be shown, but next will not be enabled.
- 11:59 AM Bug #3658: Need to be able to save during parsing process
- Ben and I talked about this, and we think it's doable. Here are my notes from what we talked about, mostly for my be...
- 10:10 AM Bug #3658: Need to be able to save during parsing process
- I think this is doable, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what we want every time there is a request to "Edit" the ass...
- 07:33 AM Bug #3658: Need to be able to save during parsing process
- Another issue that complicates this process is that Sandeep is now adding page number and possibly bounding box infor...
- 12:30 PM Bug #3658: Need to be able to save during parsing process
- At first I thought java serialization was needed for this. Then I realized that we already have a serialization mech...
- 12:15 PM Bug #3455: Show non-active data types in LabelDataColumns in a different color than the current data type
- This may not be a big deal, and implementation is somewhat problematic. Right now, LabelDataColumns uses an instance...
- 10:49 AM Bug #3446: NullPointerException on previous from ReviewColumnAssignments
- Fixed by checking value of DO_FILE_UPLOAD in Controller.previousPanel and going back to CheckForFileUpload if this va...
- 06:42 PM Bug #3733: Assigning response columns incorrectly checks for numeric data
- Added check to make sure that this page was on the Scores field before making this check; it now doesn't occur for ot...
- 05:40 PM Bug #3749: Putting question into edit mode probably shouldn't be undoable action
- This does not seem to be happening anymore
- 12:17 PM Bug #3989: Garbled text in questions and missing choices!
- The garbled text output seems to be a result of a faulty input file and not due to any faulty code. Here are the reas...
- 06:26 PM Bug #4005: Question separator function logic fails while parsing Exam2.pdf
- We have reached a consensus that this case will not be thoroughly handled for the client-prototype release. We will g...
- 09:19 PM Bug #4058: Question 46 on Fall05-Exam3.pdf causes error in recognition
- The following pseudo code is relevant in the context of Bugs 3923, 3924, 3989, 4058, 4005.
I tried to elaborate more...
- 01:43 PM Bug #3434: Row number incorrect when verifying student selection
- Forgot to change status to fixed on previous comment!
- 01:42 PM Bug #3434: Row number incorrect when verifying student selection
- Simple enough to fix (modified getValueAt in TableModel declared in VerifyStudentSection constructor). Note that Ver...
- 01:24 PM Bug #3406: Changing delimiters on ConfigureDataSource doesn't work
- This was due to code that was attempting to handle the change in the selected rows/columns in the table, which was be...
- 12:28 PM Bug #4005: Question separator function logic fails while parsing Exam2.pdf
- The logic you (Ryan) presented is more sound. Clearly, the current logic to recognize Answer Key cannot handle any qu...
- 09:29 AM Bug #3526: Should allow rectangle associated with vectorized image to be edited when clicked on
- This is now possible. ImagePane is still a JPanel, but has many JList like features. Moving to JList was explored, ...
- 07:42 AM Bug #4005: Question separator function logic fails while parsing Exam2.pdf
- I'm not sure why you are saying that we need to know the index of the first valid line of text on the current page. ...
- 06:08 PM Bug #4005: Question separator function logic fails while parsing Exam2.pdf
- AnswerKey recognition happens in separateQuestions(). Each line of text is dealt with separately in this function. So...
- 10:50 AM Bug #3514: Import assessments with no assessment-level score detail
- We could add another step in the import wizard that allows us to indicate whether we have individual item scores, or ...
- 07:42 AM Bug #3514: Import assessments with no assessment-level score detail
- I think you could [easily?] bypass the "assign question numbers to scores" step of the import wizard and end up with ...
- 07:10 AM Bug #3514: Import assessments with no assessment-level score detail
- I'm going to mark this as after the client prototype, because it sounds like it
will require significant work on the ...
- 10:38 AM Bug #3793: Add ignored region selections to vector image selection page
- This has been resolved; the selections from the previous page are now shown in a gray color so that the user knows th...
- 08:09 AM Bug #4045: Incorrect use of <item> elements in QTI
- moved the Question.generateXML() method into the ResponseItem superclass. Now response items create just one item/qti...
- 07:35 AM Bug #4058 (New): Question 46 on Fall05-Exam3.pdf causes error in recognition
- (This is a resubmission of a bug lost due to fire. The old bug number was 4057; that number seems to have taken by a...
- 07:32 AM Bug #4005: Question separator function logic fails while parsing Exam2.pdf
- (Resubmit after fire)
In trying to handle the answer key, I see you're showing an error message in
- 07:28 AM Bug #3457: Can't immediately edit new choice for multiple choice question
- This doesn't seem to be an issue anymore
- 07:27 AM Bug #3359: Allow files to be assigned to only sensible types of data
- Resubmit after fire
- 07:26 AM Bug #3406: Changing delimiters on ConfigureDataSource doesn't work
- Resubmit after fire
- 07:25 AM Bug #3455: Show non-active data types in LabelDataColumns in a different color than the current data type
- A reminder on what this means (I think). When assigning responses and scores
have already been assigned, then the re...
- 07:24 AM Bug #3716: Selected rectangle can have its origin moved above the top of the document
- Need to verify that this is still a bug with new selector code, but if so, it
should be fixed. (Resubmit after fire)
- 07:23 AM Bug #3404: Make JLists larger in AssignExternalFiles
- This seems like an important thing, although I seem to remember trying to work
on this and not having much luck previ...
- 07:22 AM Bug #3285: Auto size JTable in DataSourcePreviewPanel
- This seems like it would be pretty helpful, and potentially not that difficult,
so I've marked it as client-prototype.
- 07:22 AM Bug #3060: Wizard Frame should enable next automatically when previous is clicked
- The wizard seems to work well at this point, so there's no real reason to go
back and revisit this. Only if we disco...
- 07:21 AM Bug #3434: Row number incorrect when verifying student selection
- Resubmit after fire
- 07:20 AM Bug #3525: MouseExited logic not invoked when exiting scrollbar into PDFPane
- This is old and based on code that is no longer in use. (Resubmit after fire)
- 07:19 AM Bug #3810: PDF document being viewed does not maximize when the window is maximized.
- The PDFPane does "maximize" in the y direction, except that more space is being
allocated to the instructions than ar...
- 07:18 AM Bug #3864: mouse icon is busy
- I'm going to mark this as client-prototype, but it needs to be tested and
verified. It's likely that an error was th...
- 07:17 AM Bug #3398: Arrow keys change browser pages
- This no longer seems to be an issue; it's possible that this was fixed when we
went away from Multivalent's browser c...
- 07:16 AM Bug #4024: Image drop target disappears after deleting last image from a response item
- This is no longer an issue with the new image drag-and-drop target notification
mechanisms. (Resubmit after fire)
- 07:16 AM Bug #3307: Deal with student data in columns better
- This is not really that big of a deal, and users can re-arrange their
spreadsheet to handle this case. So I think it...
- 07:15 AM Bug #3866: Undo does not work on question type change action
- Resubmit after fire
- 07:13 AM Bug #3832: Add ability to restart parsing process in Parser
- Another item of note is that we need to save the references to the images
associated with the document. This include...
- 07:09 AM Bug #3820: Dropping image into common instructions prompt shows image drop targets for whole question
- Changes in the way dropping images works has made this bug irrelevant; there is
no longer a way to show/hide the imag...
- 07:08 AM Bug #3627: May need way to select image from original document while editing questions
- This can probably be worked around by editing the text. It wouldn't be optimal, but it would be better than nothing....
- 07:06 AM Bug #3926: Parsing/Extraction does not complete on doc56.pdf
- Neither Sandeep nor I can reproduce this bug any more. I was on a different
computer than the one I just checked on ...
- 10:35 PM Bug #4011: Double digit question numbers appear as single digit!
- Incomplete logic ( missed question numbers followed by ")" ) in *ResponseItem.java for pruning question numbers from ...
- 11:29 AM Bug #3659: Warn users if assessment has no question numbers
- Since scanned documents are detected and handled in AssessmentFileSelection, this bug only corresponds to cases where...
- 05:11 AM Bug #3572: Prompt associated with multi-part question missing on page 2 of Exam3BS110s08dem.pdf
- Sandeep verified that this works.
- 05:11 AM Bug #3878: Need to allow selection rectangles to be drawn in directions other than top-left to bottom-right
- This seems to be implemented correctly now; changes were made to SelectorLayer.DrawNewRectangle.
Right now resizing ...
- 05:10 AM Bug #3662: Modify PDF pane navigation controls on vector rasterization page
- Fixed by adding a label at the bottom of the page (near the page navigation controls) that indicates whether or not t...
- 02:08 PM Bug #4005: Question separator function logic fails while parsing Exam2.pdf
- Faulty AnswerKey detection logic resulted in this erroneous behavior, which has been rectified now.
The solution ha...
- 09:56 AM Bug #3768: find engineering vocabulary for assessment classification
- Currently, we have identified a few potential thesauri/taxonomies of relevance.
But, we will not know if further reso...
- 09:22 AM Bug #3580: Extracted Questions content not scrollable
- This bug has been fixed already (Feb 2009, implemented scrollable interface for ExtractedQuestionsPane)!
- 09:15 AM Bug #3858: "open a new document" menu in parser does not work.
- Commented out code corresponding to "new button" from MainWindow.java
- 10:02 PM Bug #3571: Add hourglass when switching pages on PDF
- Made necessary changes to PDFPane.java to display an hour glass while switching between the pages.
- 03:13 PM Bug #3965: Inappropriate error message when the document is a scanned PDF
- I believe this has been fixed by checking for this condition when Next is pressed in the AssessmentFileSelection wiza...
- 02:12 PM Bug #3856: Inconsistent functionality: Parse common choices and associate them with each of the pertinent questions
- This resolution seems fine to me
- 07:36 AM Bug #3856: Inconsistent functionality: Parse common choices and associate them with each of the pertinent questions
- Ryan, I made necessary changes in code to implement the solution I suggested under "Comment #1". But, as you pointed ...
- 01:41 PM Bug #4045: Incorrect use of <item> elements in QTI
- It's not really the code that is generating the XML - I think it's just that the classes (Question.java) that end up ...
- 01:35 PM Bug #4045: Incorrect use of <item> elements in QTI
- I really doubt that this has been changed since last summer. I know I haven't touched the code that generates the XM...
- 12:42 PM Bug #4045 (Resolved): Incorrect use of <item> elements in QTI
- While researching a different bug, it came to my attention that there are cases in which the parser is generating QTI...
- 12:40 PM Bug #3974: Saved parsed items do not show up in the Assessment Importer (in DataPackage wizard)
- While researching this bug, it came to my attention that there are cases in which the parser is generating QTI docume...
- 12:31 PM Bug #3971: The original PDF document does not open when you reopen parsed items under Data Package interface
- This is expected - we are not saving a reference to the PDF file and therefore are not displaying it when you come ba...
- 05:44 AM Bug #3582: Cannot set question number for questions with no question number detected
- This bug was re-reported as bug 3867; that bug also includes request to allow setting question numbers for new questi...
- 05:44 AM Bug #3867: adding question number
- *** Bug 3582 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 05:13 AM Bug #3856: Inconsistent functionality: Parse common choices and associate them with each of the pertinent questions
- Sandeep, this bug is marked as client-alpha3. Can you look at it and either resolve it if you think it's fixed, or g...
- 05:11 AM Bug #3663: Need better indication of how to remove images
- For now this is sufficiently solved. For the post client prototype stage, it would be nice to complete the pop-up me...
- 05:07 AM Bug #3981: In case of Word has a footer or header before converted to PDF file
- After our discussion on 4-29-2009, it was decided that the ability to select headers and footers in the wizard pages ...
- 12:33 PM Bug #3965: Inappropriate error message when the document is a scanned PDF
- Revise the error message and detect the documents that the parser fails to identify any text content.
- 12:16 PM Bug #3865: Add question before first question while parsing an exam
- Add new button to each question item to add a question above or below instead of just below.
- 12:03 PM Bug #3858: "open a new document" menu in parser does not work.
- Group consensus:
There is no need for this button anymore and hence, can be removed safely from the interface.
- 12:00 PM Bug #3966: Buggy functionality: Show Images - Hide Images in questionComponent
- I fixed it
Also available in: Atom