PISCO, KNB and LTER have different query result for SBC datasets.
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Margaret O'Brien <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hi metacat dev -
When I hit these 3 metacats with the query below, I get 3 different
http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/knb/metacat (returns 13 datasets, some older
http://metacat.lternet.edu/knb/metacat (returns 14 datasets, with newer
http://data.piscoweb.org/catalog/metacat (returns 0 datasets)
All sbc datasets are uploaded to data.piscoweb.org, and are replicated to
the other 2. I beleive it is a one-way replication to knb, and from there
two-way knb<->lter, but I could be wrong.
thought you might want to know...
<queryterm casesensitive="false" searchmode="contains">
<queryterm casesensitive="false" searchmode="starts-with">
This is indeed a problem. The difference between nceas and lternet servers
may be due to failures in indexing. Its not clear at all why the pisco
server would return 0 though. Do you know what the right answer should be
(e.g., how many results should be returned, and what are the docids
(including revision that should match)?
SBC datasets are uploaded to the PISCO metacat, and I rely on replication to get them to LTER. But I have not queried PISCO's metacat since it upgraded to the
latest version. I have my own catalog application (I dont use the index.jsp), and only use metacat for the storage and dataset display. So I did not see this
problem till I created a search-box to directly query metacat for datasets.
I've asked Chris about the 0 hits - but I think he was/is on vacation. I am attaching an email (to chris) that includes the log from a recent restart of that
tomcat. It has a lot of warnings and errors in it.
The response from the lter metacat is correct: there are 14 datasets with creator=Reed, with these ids:
I checked the KNB metacat tables, and all 14 of these documents are present in the xml_documents table, with the proper revisions.ï¿½ Which strengthens my
earlier thought that it is only the index that is not updated.
Since we replicate eml in this way PISCO -> KNB -> LTER and LTER has correct packages, this means replication working fine. So I agree with matt (on irc), this may be
caused by indexing issue we just introduced. However, both LTER and KNB should run the same version of metacat (1.9.1). I couldn't understand why they have different