Make UI improvements to Components Download
*Click Sources and configure Preferences->Components to check-mark a remoteRepository
- Search Components for your term (As the very slow search occurs (bug#5276), the entire Kepler UI locks up and no busy cursor is shown)
- Right-click on a result kar, and select Download.
- Click cancel to clear the search results
The kar is placed in your MyWorkflows dir, but if this is the first kar put there, MyWorkflows does not show up in the Components tree until you take some other action that 'rebuilds' the tree, e.g. clicking the Build button beneath Sources->Components, or savTo fix this bug:
- During Components search, only lock the Components panel, and show a busy cursor.
- Display the MyWorkflows dir after a first KAR is downloaded into it.
In the same ballpark is bug#4953. Also, strangely if you go through the scenario above, and subsequently save a new workflow into MyWorkflows, MyWorkflows continues to not show up, even though if you just start kepler fresh, don't do a remote search, and save a first workflow into MyWorkflows it will.
#2 Updated by Derik Barseghian over 7 years ago
A wait cursor does show when Component Search is started by clicking the Search button. It doesn't if you hit enter in the search field, which seems to me the more common case. I tried unsuccessfully to fix it at r29645. See also this thread which might be relevant: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4132824