The online copy doesn't show the last update
Here are the steps to produce the bug:
1. Create a new data package and save it locally.
2. Update the title and save it to the network.
The morpho package frame will show the correct title and data package is on the network.
However, it you read the package from the dataone server, it shows that the package still has the previous title.
The morpho search result shows the previous title as well.
#1 Updated by Jing Tao over 7 years ago
I also tried to modify a package with a data object.
1. Use the new data package wizard and entity wizard to create a data package.
2. Save the data package locally.
3. Add a new raw in the data file.
4. Save it online.
Here are the issues:
1. Morpho data package still shows the original eml identifier and its location is in the network. However, its data url point to a new data id. From here, we can tell the online copy and local copy eml files have the same id, but they point to different data id.
2. I read the eml file from the browser, the eml actually points to the old data file.
#2 Updated by Jing Tao over 7 years ago
The problem was that the assignment of the new id was driven by if the identifier existed in the target location. If the identifier didn't exist in the target location, no new id would be assigned. For example, when we saved a local data package to the network, morpho figured out that the local identifier didn't exist in the network. So, no new identifier will be issued. Morpho will saved the local identifier to the network even though the data package was updated. Since the it used the local identifier as the source, the saved local content will be uploaded to the network.
Here is the fix: if a modification to data package has happened (data package location will be "'), a new identifier will be issued. The new identifier will obsolete the previous one.