Keep the SOLR index for obsoleted objects
Currently, metacat only keeps the solr index for the current objects. The solr index for the obsoleted objects are removed. This is not the way dataone cn does. We should keep the solr index for the obsoleted objects so that we use the SOLR index to tell us what package relationships exists.
- Subject changed from Keep the slor index for the obsoleted objects to Keep the SOLR index for obsoleted objects
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Removed the code which excluded the obsoleted objects from indexing. Next release, we need to notice the metacat owner to reindex its metacat.
- Target version changed from 2.2.1 to 2.3.0
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
Currently, the solr index will keep both obsoleted and archived objects. The cn only keeps obsoleted objects but removes the archived objects. We need to do this as well.
Note: we only removed the solr index for the archived objects.
- Status changed from In Progress to Rejected
I believe we decided to keep this as is: removing archived objects from the index, but keeping the entries that have an obsoletedBy value. (In-line with DataONE practices)
- Status changed from Rejected to Closed
Now, the solr index has the same behavior of the cn: remove the index for archived objects; keep the index for obsoleted objects.
Also available in: Atom