Project

General

Profile

Bug #6398

Obsoleted metadata objects are being returned from Solr

Added by Lauren Walker over 5 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
index
Target version:
Start date:
01/27/2014
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:

Description

Even when the query specifies to not return objects with the obsoletedBy field.

Example id:
nrs.875.1

It looks like this object has the obsoletedBy field in the system metadata, but not in it's Solr object data.

History

#1 Updated by ben leinfelder over 5 years ago

Noticed that multiple revisions of the same object were being returned in the solr results.
We tried running action=reindex on the affected pids and the older revisions we removed from the results leaving only the most recent version.

Restarting Tomcat now and seeing if the obsoleted pids are removed from the index. If not, will try action=reindexall and go from there.

We did see a HZ error which might be related to this behavior. Something about connecting to the cluster and JDBC. Will post stacktrace if we can locate it in the logs

#2 Updated by ben leinfelder over 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.4.4 to 2.4.0
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Category set to index
  • Project changed from MetacatUI to Metacat

The (long-running) action=reindex did resolve this issue, but I wish we knew why it happened. Will have to keep our eyes open for it in the future.

Also available in: Atom PDF