Project

General

Profile

Bug #6684

The schema service will hang there if the link to the schema in xml_catalog table is not accessible

Added by Jing Tao almost 5 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
metacat
Target version:
Start date:
03/03/2015
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:

Description

When I upgraded the ESA metacat, i found that an issue that Tomcat couldn't start. It turns out that Metacat was trying to download a schema file from data.esa.org which hadn't been up yet during in the Metacat initialize method. So it was in a dead loop.

I have to change the schema from a http url to a file. Then it works. It is weird that it worked before the upgrade. I believe something is changed in tomcat 7 or openjdk 7. We should use some timeout mechanism to prevent this happening.

History

#1 Updated by Jing Tao almost 5 years ago

I tested my local machine with tomcat 7 and jdk 1.7 on mac, I couldn't reproduce the bug. I will try a mn-demo machine as well.

#2 Updated by Jing Tao almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

I used the mn-demo-6.test.dataone.org to test and reproduce the bug. A connection read timeout was set in the code and the bug was fixed.

Also available in: Atom PDF