From 10/02/2007 to 10/31/2007
- 06:58 PM Revision 3551 (metacat): add CSV download as an option for retrieving datasets.
- NOTE: depends on opencsv jar in the /first project...
- 06:57 PM Revision 3550 (metacat): include both assessments and questions in the results of a search (driven by option in search form)
- 05:36 PM Revision 3549 (metacat): use hidden input to pass desired form action rather than tying it to the button label.
- 05:14 PM Revision 3548 (metacat): Modified by removing name='action' attribute from jsp navigation button, since it was binding with the bean 'action' property.
- 05:13 PM Revision 3547 (metacat): Modified by removing name='action' attribute from jsp navigation button, since it was binding with the bean action property. Also changed Upload Message display to
- show the more general messages returned by the call to clientRequest (doensn't exclude non-upload messages, such as ...
- 04:42 PM Revision 3546 (metacat): Test file to see how long it will take to build records in xml_queryresult table.
- 12:18 PM Revision 3545 (metacat): Changed message to look for in tomcat log to verify metacat servlet has started ok.
- 06:03 PM Revision 3544 (metacat): Flow chat of query process
- 05:55 PM Revision 3543 (metacat): Change the debug level for Metacat initialization message.
- 08:57 AM Revision 3542 (metacat): add ability to retrieve response data using datamanager lib (note that this requires both the datamanager.jar and firstMetacatIntegration.jar from /eml and /first modules respectively...)
- yes, this is more ajax...and still mostly Proof Of Concept-ish
- 08:47 AM Revision 3541 (metacat): organize css references
- 03:09 PM Revision 3540 (metacat): Converted some java 1.5 code to java 1.4 code. Removed usages of "String.contains()", "Node.getTextContent()" and "Node.setTextContent.
- 03:09 PM Revision 3539 (metacat): Converted some java 1.5 code to java 1.4 code. Removed usages of "String.contains()", "Node.getTextContent()" and "Node.setTextContent.
- Wrote two new methods: 1) getTextContent, and 2) setTextContent, to emulate the org.w3c.dom implementation that ships...
- 01:12 PM Revision 3538 (metacat): Fixed some bugs.
- 01:02 PM Revision 3537 (metacat): Removed user-specific config settings.
- 01:00 PM Revision 3536 (metacat): Added a couple of configurable constants for host and context. Added JDoc comments.
- 12:51 PM Revision 3535 (metacat): JUnit tests for ClientViewHelper. Includes tests for logging in, logging out, downloading a single data file, and downloading a package zip file.
- 08:22 PM Revision 3534 (metacat): less emphasis on emphasis class (reduced font size)
- 08:22 PM Revision 3533 (metacat): included assessmentId in search results.
- TODO: search for both assessment and question doctypes in same query and have the result page display them intelligen...
- 08:18 PM Revision 3532 (metacat): organize the bulk of the stylesheets in their own xsl directory.
- note that these xsl files are being maintained in the "first" cvs module and should be copied from there.
- 08:16 PM Revision 3531 (metacat): get the ajax-specific first skins organized with some better naming.
- these essentially provide a pointer to custom resultset style sheets so that we can just use Ajax.Updater from protot...
- 05:01 PM Revision 3530 (metacat): Seperated web API code, from plain java code, by creating seperate constructors and handling Http stuff in just two methods: "clientRequest" and "handleDownloadResponse".
- Results in using HttpServlet code in an isolated/thin layer, making it easier to test and reuse all other methods.
- 05:23 PM Bug #2986: No need for restart tomcat after modifying metacat.properties
- My thought is - adding a static variable - propertiesLastModifyTime in MetacatUtil class. This variable will store th...
- 03:33 PM Bug #2986 (New): No need for restart tomcat after modifying metacat.properties
- In Metacat, if user modified metacat.properties, the modification will be effect after restarting tomcat. This proces...
- 12:11 PM Revision 3529 (metacat): add very minimal skin for transforming ajax search resultset for 'first' skin
- 12:10 PM Revision 3528 (metacat): add latest stable prototype (ajax) release
- 10:05 AM Revision 3527 (metacat): use updated edml schema to get correct element/attribute for assessment
- 09:27 AM Revision 3526 (metacat): use updated edml schema to get correct element/attribute for assessment
- 04:18 PM Revision 3525 (metacat): Fixed a bug that Option wasn't initialized.
- 04:18 PM Revision 3524 (metacat): In test target, add copy command (copy metacat.properties to build dir).
- 08:56 AM Revision 3523 (metacat): some hints about installing new shape files and/or adjusting styles etc.
- 08:53 AM Revision 3522 (metacat): switch to updated sanparks boundaries file
- 08:52 AM Revision 3521 (metacat): replace older sanparks boundaries shapefile with updated version (includes mokala)
- 04:05 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Here is my propose for the updating by rpms.
1. Download packages :
- 09:51 AM Revision 3519 (metacat): Mokala is actually farther north than the garden route parks....
- 05:52 PM Bug #2985 (Resolved): Expand public access flag to the whole ACL
- Expand public access flag (from bug #2929) in MetaCatServlet.readFromMetacat, to do more than just signal public read...
- 05:27 PM Bug #2984 (Closed): "AccessControlList.getACL" returns outdated XML structure
- The "MetCatServlet.handleGetAccessControlAction" calls another method "AccessControlList.getACL". The resulting XML ...
- 04:48 PM Revision 3518 (metacat): organize the various file action buttons
- annotate table cells with classes defined in stylesheet (now they can be customized for each skin!)
make the data lab...
- 04:02 PM Revision 3517 (metacat): Added new functionality for action="Set Access". Includes methods handleChangeAccess, setPublicAccess and getNodeTextStack. Also, cleaned up some code as a result.
- 03:57 PM Revision 3516 (metacat): Modified string constant "SUB_DOCS_PATH" to be static and public accessible.
- 03:55 PM Revision 3515 (metacat): Modified to accept (and display) parameters "publicRead" and "message". Modifications to allow users to change public access to package.
- 03:48 PM Revision 3514 (metacat): Added param to indicate if public has read access or not, in the method "readFromMetacat". It only does this if reading a metadata document, for a skin-format,
- and the user is not public. This is useful to the skin's metadata display/editing form, for indicating public access...
- 05:05 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Consider auto update, RPM upgrade is better chioce. No matter rpm or source instllation, we have to shutdown metacat ...
- 04:42 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Another issue is about the install dir and the database data dir. The space
needed to install postgresql is about 30 ...
- 03:07 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- The disadvantage of installing pg8 from source code is that security patches will not be automatically applied. So, ...
- 02:38 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Here is the time issue:
Since we can install postgresql 8 while 7 is running, installation time is not a big issue. H...
- 02:12 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- In my test machine, I did succesfully installed 8 while 7 was running. In order to do so, we need install 8 from sour...
- 02:00 PM Bug #2983 (Resolved): Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Here is the email from matt:
I see no problem, so go ahead. However, you should be sure to absolutely mini...
- 04:37 PM Revision 3513 (metacat): Some minor code cleanup.
- 03:58 PM Revision 3512 (metacat): Fixed bug where the Permission Order was always being set to 'allowFirst'.
- It was comparing against the constant AccessControlInterface.DENYFIRST with the variable name surrounded by quotes. ...
- 07:16 AM Revision 3511 (metacat): use garden route park boundary box coordinates for the four "missing" areas (knysna, tsit, mokala, wilderness)
- 06:15 PM Revision 3510 (metacat): initial skin draft for FIRST project as metacat deployment.
- will require [much] more customization to be fully useful for project, but this is a start.
- 09:34 AM Revision 3509 (metacat): sych left nav list and map locations with the sanparks.org "Parks A-Z" listing.
- still missing spatial data for:
Knysna National Lake Area
Mokala National Park
Tsitsikamma National Park
- 02:08 PM Revision 3508 (metacat): fix IE compatibility issue with iframe content documents
- 11:44 AM Revision 3507 (metacat): Modified a sql command from "like" to "=". It dramatically improves the peformance of build index.
- 05:20 PM Bug #2805: Metacat Performance: updates from Morpho of data packages are taking longer than five minutes
- I searched the internet and found somebody said:
==Almost always, if delete is slow when selecting the same rows is ...
- 03:57 PM Revision 3506 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve delete and update speed.
- 03:56 PM Revision 3505 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve delete and upgrade performance.
- 03:55 PM Revision 3504 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve deleting and update speed.
- 03:54 PM Revision 3503 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve peformance of deleting and update
- 03:42 PM Revision 3502 (metacat): Grant the public read access to the data files, if it was done for the metadata file. Also cleaned-up some debug statements.
- 03:28 PM Revision 3501 (metacat): Find out if the document is a Member of an EML package, and if that's not the case, than skip the test to see if access is set through EML metadata.
- 01:23 PM Revision 3500 (metacat): move the navstrip background to the iframe class so that it extends when displaying longer pages (eml docs, say)
- 06:00 PM Revision 3499 (metacat): crop to 112 height - removes bottom light green line
- 05:59 PM Revision 3498 (metacat): make css work in IE. found an errant quotation mark that was throwing IE off and making super-ugly pages.
- then it was smoothing out the details one by one...
- 05:58 PM Revision 3497 (metacat): move
- 05:57 PM Revision 3496 (metacat): explicitly set white background for main content.
- 05:57 PM Revision 3495 (metacat): add filler for title element so that rendering in IE is not compromised.
- use regtext class for paragraph
- 02:25 PM Revision 3494 (metacat): crop to 112 height - removes bottom light green line
- 01:29 PM Revision 3493 (metacat): added national parks locations from shapefile
- (thank you shaun+postgis)
- 10:01 AM Revision 3492 (metacat): use "within" rather than "intersects" as the spatial search criteria for dataset location.
- (see bugzilla #2972)
- 08:50 AM Revision 3490 (metacat): added commented out reference to the all-in-one sanparks.xsl (resultset, eml, fgdc handling). this is for use with the no-iframe skin approach
- 08:46 AM Revision 3489 (metacat): keep the commented out lines incase we want to switch to no-iframes skin
- 08:44 AM Revision 3488 (metacat): changes used when experimenting with the no-iframe method of skinning (does not conflict with the previous method if skinning that uses iframes)
- 08:42 AM Revision 3487 (metacat): remove unused page import
Also available in: Atom