using referenced party causes role to be added
When creating a contact the 'role' attribute shows up incorrectly (because
contact doesn't have a role in EML2). To reproduce, do the follwoing:
1) Start morpho and log in
2) New data package..., fill in title, skip keywords
3) On creator page, add a creator with name "User One"
4) Go to contact page, add contact, choose the "User One" from the reference
list, hit OK
5) Click "Edit" for "User One" on the contact page. The 'Role' combobox will
now appear incorrectly, allowing you to set a role for the contact (actually, it
is now required, which is definitely wrong) -- fill in the role and click ok
6) Go through the rest of the optional wizard screens, adding nothing, till you
get to the end and finish, then Save the document. The resulting XML document
is invalid because of the spurious role field. I will attach the invalid XML
that is produced.
#3 Updated by Dan Higgins over 18 years ago
This bug was not (directly) due to reference handling, but rather to the code
that builds the list of parties in the PartyMainPage class. This code always
changed the party editor type to PARTY_PERSONNEL, which has a role box which is
required. This bug would appear whenever one clicked the Edit button to edit a
Fix was to simply to change a line in PartyMainPage populatePartiesList method
to use the party type of the PartyMainPage instance!