need replication mechanism for metacat
Metacat was intended to be a centralized index of metadata that was replicated
across several sites. This replication feature has not been designed or
implemented. It needs to accomplish the following:
1) mirror XML content among multiple sites
2) mirroring controlled by both source and destination metacats
3) locking issues resolved without chance of data loss
The presentation that Matt Jones gave at the SDSC annual meeting has an overview
of some potential architectures. See the PBI web site for the slides.
#2 Updated by Chad Berkley almost 19 years ago
most of replication is done. The following is a list of what still needs to be
1) add a flag in xml_replication to tell the server whether to copy it's files
out or not. This will allow for "one-way" replication.
2) create a better web interface to control replication
3) increase the error checking and error resolution capabilities.