Typos/redundancies in Named Regions list of Geo. Coverage
NDPW/Geographic Coverage/Add/Named Regions drop-down list:
- Carpentria Salt Marsh Reserve: change "Carpentria" to "Carpinteria", and
perhaps add UCNRS at the end to stay consistent with the other UCNRS sites on
- Gault Nature Reserve QB: change QB to QC
- Kananaskis Field Stations ON: change ON to AB
Some are listed twice with the same name and some with slightly different names:
- Landels-Hill Big Creek Reserve: is listed twice
- McLaughlin Natural Reserve UCNRS vs. McLaughlin Natural Reserve
- Sedgwick Reserve UCNRS vs. Sedgwick Reserve
- Sevilleta LTER (SEV) vs. Sevilleta Field Station
- Shortgrass Steppe LTER (SGS) vs. Shortgrass Steppe LTER site
- Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve UCNRS vs. Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve
- Stunt Ranch Santa Monica Mountains Reserve UCNRS vs. Stunt Ranch Santa Monica
- Sweeney Granite Mountains Desert Research Center UCNRS vs. Sweeney Granite
Mountains Desert Research Center
- Valentine Eastern Sierra Reserve (Valentine Camp) UCNRS vs. Valentine Eastern
Sierra Reserve. The Valentine Eastern Sierra Reserve (SNARL) UCNRS entry is a
different site and should be left on the list.
- W.K. Kellogg Biological Field Station LTER (KBS) vs. W.K. Kellogg Biological
- Whittaker’s Forest: you get an error message when you select that entry
(“Error in getValueForPathmethod”) and the location is not shown on the map.
#1 Updated by Veronique Connolly almost 18 years ago
- Coal Oil Point Reserve: add "UCNRS" after to stay consistent with other UCNRS
- Ecology Research Center vs. Ecology Research Center Miami University: should
these be separate entries? Lat/long coordinates are almost identical.
- Bodega Marine Reserve UCNRS vs. Bodega Bay Marine Laboratory and Reserve
- Hastings Natural History Reservation UCNRS vs. Hastings Natural History
- Kendall-Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve UCNRS vs. Kendall Frost Marsh Reserve
- Quail Ridge Reserve UCNRS vs. Quail Ridge Reserve
- Scripps Coastal Reserve UCNRS vs. Scripps Coastal Reserve
#2 Updated by Saurabh Garg almost 18 years ago
Fixed the typos and and removed "'s" from Whittaker’s Forest as it was
resulting in an error during XML parsing.
Not sure about dual enteries in the list. The enteries are most probably from
two different sources (UCNRS and LTER I think). Some users might like to see
UCNRS in the name and some users might not. Also some of the coordinates are
not exactly same (usually difference is less than .01 degree). I think Dan
created this list and would know where the coordinates were taken from.