Workflow Run Manager - ability to import run archives
Workflow Run Manager needs ability to import archives.
User A runs a few workflows a few times, exports the runs to a KAR, and emails it to User B who may then Import these runs into their provenance store, thus making them visible within User B's WRM.
#1 Updated by Derik Barseghian over 9 years ago
This is basically working now, for run-archives as they currently exist (run metadata, workflow, report artifacts).
You can Export Archive run(s) from the Workflow Run Manager, save them into your local repo as a kar, and then Open Archive that kar (or select open from the components tree). During open, if needs be (the run lsid(s) are not found in your provenance store), the runs will be added to your provenance store.
Some remaining tasks:
- needs more testing, I'm sure there are bugs
- import more metadata, like machine name, annotation string
- the prov store into which the run(s) are inserted shouldn't be the store found in the Workflow file(s), instead maybe whatever prov store the user is currently using
- all Kepler window WRM tables need to refresh to show imported runs
- possibly change prov schema to allow marking imported runs, to differentiate them from full-fledged data-rich runs, so queriers aren't surprised