Project

General

Profile

Bug #4666

identify problems with converting .kepler-1.0 to .kepler-2.0

Added by Chad Berkley over 9 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Immediate
Assignee:
Category:
build system
Target version:
Start date:
01/13/2010
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:
4666

Description

Need to go through the kepler 1.0 version of .kepler and identify any problem areas that might crop up in converting to the new format. we can then handle those cases in any conversion routines we write to work with the installer.


Related issues

Blocked by Kepler - Bug #4337: 1.0 -> 2.0 upgrade issues tracking bugResolved08/26/2009

History

#1 Updated by Chad Berkley over 9 years ago

I added code to DotKeplerManager to identify a .kepler version 1.0 directory. If it finds this, it will change the cache location in DKM so that 1.0 and 2.0 can live side by side. It also writes a marker file so that we know what version the .kepler directory is in the future so that it will be easier to upgrade for new releases.

Right now, 1.0 and 2.0 are both working as long as 1.0 is installed first. I see no reason to make it work if 2.0 is installed first.

There is still the issue of actually transfering data out of the old 1.0 cache into the new cache. I took a look at this and I think it might be next to impossible to do this. I'll keep messing with it a bit to see if I can come up with a solution, but right now I think that 1.0 data will be stuck in 1.0 without a manual export.

#2 Updated by Chad Berkley over 9 years ago

I have not found any feasible way to transfer the old cache data out of the 1.0 cache into the 2.0 cache. The difference in disk space is only about 8 MB. I'm going to close this bug for now. If you think this should be handled differently, please reopen it with a comment.

#3 Updated by Redmine Admin over 6 years ago

Original Bugzilla ID was 4666

Also available in: Atom PDF