Project

General

Profile

Bug #5059

SAXPParseException error when entering data package search string misleading!

Added by Rick Reeves over 10 years ago. Updated over 10 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
morpho - general
Target version:
Start date:
06/24/2010
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:
5059

Description

Using Morpho 1.8, NOT logged in (unable to log in to my account), I entered a query string, for a Network Search. When I started a search, got the error message shown in the attached screenshot.

As it turns out, the problem is that the Metacat server is broken. But it took me 10 minutes to establish this.

Would you make the error message for this fault be: "Metacat Server is broken - Network Search not possible"? Or something similar?

Rick R

MorphoSearchStringBug.jpg (98.3 KB) MorphoSearchStringBug.jpg Rick Reeves, 06/24/2010 05:41 PM

History

#2 Updated by ben leinfelder over 10 years ago

This doesn't seem to happen if I try to 'fake' an outage by changing the Metacat to be a non-existent URL (I just got an empty resultset list). It's likely that this SAX message was returned from the ailing server without being interpreted my Morpho. The fact that it was displayed as a popup box indicates that we did figure out that it was an unexpected/erroneous response from Metacat and I suppose we could preface the error message content with something like "Error..."

#3 Updated by Redmine Admin over 7 years ago

Original Bugzilla ID was 5059

Also available in: Atom PDF