ldapweb.cgi crashes with invalid password characters
Original Bugzilla ID was 5243
- Assignee changed from Shaun Walbridge to Jim Regetz
Jim -- do you remember which characters?
Resetting passwords fails silently, leaving users without a way to login.
Until it's fixed there should be a warning not to use the characters which don't work.
- Target version changed from Unspecified to 2.2.0
- Assignee changed from Jim Regetz to Jing Tao
Jing - would be great if we can check for some special characters and fail gracefully if their password uses ones that cannot be saved in LDAP.
While we do allow someone to create an account with special characters as the password, I am unable to login using the password. Tested with password: 所長願景
Perhaps we can just give people guidelines about using simple ASCII passwords?
I agree to add guidelines for users.
- Parent task deleted (
- Target version changed from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1
- Tracker changed from Task to Bug
- Target version changed from 2.2.1 to 2.3.0
- Target version deleted (
Also available in: Atom