Project

General

Profile

Bug #5311

2.2.0rc1 - remote data sources don't work

Added by Derik Barseghian over 8 years ago. Updated over 8 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
data access
Target version:
Start date:
02/15/2011
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:
5311

Description

In 2.2.0rc1 installed from the installer, remote data sources don't work.
I discovered this when trying to open PythonGenericDialog.xml demo workflow.
It also happens when you search the Data tab and try to drag out a data source.

The error message you see comes from EcogridDataCacheItem and is:
There has been a problem accessing the remote data
java.lang.String cannot be cast to [B

This doesn't appear to happen from trunk, or from 2.2.0 launched from the module manager. I'm not clear on why this is...

History

#1 Updated by Derik Barseghian over 8 years ago

Likely related, on linux I just did:
cd kepler.modules/build-area/; rm rf ~/KeplerData; ant clean-all;
started 2.2.0rc1 from the installer version (i.e. using ./kepler.sh)
changed Sources
>Components to search the Kepler repository
Searched for "grow"
And got no visible results and the following error on stdout:

[null] org.kepler.objectmanager.repository.RepositoryException: Error getting docid 3863.55.1: org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.authenticatedqueryservice.stub.GetElementType cannot be cast to [B
[null] at org.kepler.objectmanager.repository.EcogridRepository.get(EcogridRepository.java:339)
[null] at org.kepler.objectmanager.repository.EcogridRepositoryResults.parseKarXml(EcogridRepositoryResults.java:95)
[null] at org.kepler.objectmanager.repository.EcogridRepository.search(EcogridRepository.java:169)
[null] at org.kepler.objectmanager.repository.EcogridRepositoryLibrarySearcher.search(EcogridRepositoryLibrarySearcher.java:233)
[null] at org.kepler.gui.SimpleLibrarySearcher.search(SimpleLibrarySearcher.java:211)
[null] at org.kepler.gui.ComponentLibraryTab$SearchButtonActionHandler.actionPerformed(ComponentLibraryTab.java:437)
[null] at org.kepler.gui.SimpleSearchUIPane$1.actionPerformed(SimpleSearchUIPane.java:91)
[null] at javax.swing.JTextField.fireActionPerformed(JTextField.java:492)
[null] at javax.swing.JTextField.postActionEvent(JTextField.java:705)
[null] at javax.swing.JTextField$NotifyAction.actionPerformed(JTextField.java:820)
[null] at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(SwingUtilities.java:1633)
[null] at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(JComponent.java:2851)
[null] at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(JComponent.java:2886)
[null] at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(JComponent.java:2814)
[null] at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6044)
[null] at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
[null] at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
[null] at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
[null] at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
[null] at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1850)
[null] at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:712)
[null] at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:990)
[null] at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:855)
[null] at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:676)
[null] at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4502)
[null] at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
[null] at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
[null] at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
[null] at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
[null] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
[null] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
[null] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
[null] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
[null] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
[null] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

#2 Updated by David Welker over 8 years ago

It turns out that the same installer issue (current-suite.txt was not copied over when the installers were built) also caused these bugs. These should not be present in release candidate 2. Closing.

#3 Updated by Redmine Admin about 6 years ago

Original Bugzilla ID was 5311

Also available in: Atom PDF