2.2rc2 - documentation problems
1) Most links in the pdfs don't work - you just see blue text.
2) User Manual Section 6 doesn't include changes to 6.0WorkingWithDatasets.doc. My guess is you didn't build the user manual from the individual chapters but instead edited a copy of the 2.1.0 version (?). If you're taking that route, you'll have to be careful with keeping TOC in sync and include changes from other files more recent than 2.1.0 docs:
rw-r--r- 1 derik derik 28614618 Sep 28 13:13 KeplerUserManual-2.1.0.pdf rw-r--r- 1 derik derik 27385066 Sep 28 13:13 KeplerUserManual-2.1.0.doc rw-r--r-@ 1 derik derik 2173091 Jan 11 13:53 6.0WorkingWithDatasets.doc rw-r--r- 1 derik derik 214528 Jan 19 13:07 A.BModules.doc rw-r--r- 1 derik derik 28160 Feb 22 17:15 Title Page.doc
3) Remote Copy links of Getting Started Guide and Actor Reference link to 1.0.0 versions.
4) Copyright link to copyright.htm is 2003-2010. Should update to 2011.
#1 Updated by David Welker almost 10 years ago
This reminds me.
We really do have a horrible documentation system.
An ideal system would have the following attributes.
(1) Edited and web accessible as you go.
(2) Could be compiled into a deliverable document with one click. The current system is a mess.
I will check out these problems. It is sort of irritating that these documentation problems have already delayed the release as long as it has. I think the idea of using Microsoft Word for documentation was not a good one.
In the future, we should develop a documentation system that does not delay releases.