Project

General

Profile

Bug #5690

problems with updateActorDocs

Added by Derik Barseghian over 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
documentation
Target version:
Start date:
08/18/2012
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:
5690

Description

I ran into a few issues updating EcogridWriter documentation using:
./kepler.sh -updateActorDocs actors/resources/kar/CoreActors/EcogridWriter.xml

1) the actor LSID revision wasn't incremented (and the corresponding entry in CoreActor's manifest). Maybe simply a warning should be printed.
2) port documentation didn't show up in kepler, because the variable names for the ports were used, instead of the assigned names. Using the variable (default) names like this is probably the best though, since port names can be dynamically created, as can ports themselves. But the target should probably print out a warning that the developer should check/fix port doc by hand.
3) special chars were inserted for linebreaks (not that line breaks seem to get displayed anyways)

Bonus enhancement request:
4)It would be cool if the resulting xml were run through a 'pretty print'.


Related issues

Blocks Kepler - Bug #5687: investigate alternatives to workflow versioningNew08/17/2012

History

#1 Updated by Daniel Crawl about 7 years ago

2) I fixed it so that the port names to match the name returned by Port.getName(). (It was already doing this for parameters).

3 and 4) I'm not aware of any special characters being inserted for linebreaks. The XML is generated from NamedObj.exportMoML(). I've updated it to pretty print the XML so hopefully this is no longer a problem.

1) Why does the LSID revision always get incremented? We should first decide how workflow versioning in general should be done. I'm adding a dependency on bug #5687.

#2 Updated by Derik Barseghian about 7 years ago

1) I think the LSID revision should get incremented whenever the actor changes to make it easier (still not easy enough) for the user/developer track down any workflow behavior change issues to do w/ a specific actor; they'd have available this identifier marking changes, and could look into svn to see what the changes consisted of if they really wanted. And because I thought the idea behind our using LSIDS was to identify an unchanging entity.
I agree the group should discuss and come to a consensus. I try to always increment LSIDs when actors change based on this informal idea, but others don't, so it's not a functional concept right now. It's also too easy to forget to do it. It would be cool if actor versioning were automatic, and if actors all included a changelog.

#3 Updated by Redmine Admin over 6 years ago

Original Bugzilla ID was 5690

Also available in: Atom PDF