Improve UI for saving using a DOI
1. In the Save Dialog, replace the selection list by a check box with the following text:
Publish with a DOI and make all metadata and data publicly readable
2. Add the following tooltip for the DOI:
A DOI (Digital Object Identifier) is a unique, permanent identifier that can be assigned to journal articles and data sets and is widely recognized as a means of citing these published products. An example DOI is doi:10….
3. If there are any data objects or metadata object is not public readable in this data package, the access policy will be changed to be public readable.
#6 Updated by ben leinfelder over 9 years ago
Looks good. A couple suggestions:
1. Make all the fonts the same size/format in the dialog. Right now the instructions appear smaller than the checkbox options for location but the checkbox option for DOI is smaller than the other checkbox text.
2. Display the tooltip longer - ideally until someone moves the mouse off of the component. I believe you can do this with the dismiss delay: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/swing/ToolTipManager.html#setDismissDelay(int)