From 08/06/2012 to 09/04/2012
- 03:43 PM Revision 7370 (metacat): use SchemaLocationResolver to fetch remote entries for the xml_catalog -- we want to be able to fetch included xsd files as well as use any error handling it provides for checking the schemas.
- 08:43 AM Bug #5696: pathQuery returns eml docs which have no public access granted
- Metacat v2.0.4 will include a fix for this issue.
- 09:05 PM Revision 7369 (metacat): prep for 2.0.4 release
- 01:50 PM Revision 7368 (metacat): when performing query, make sure we are using the access rules of the latest revision of a given docid, otherwise we may include documents that used to be public but have been made private in subsequent revisions.
- 11:20 AM Bug #5696: pathQuery returns eml docs which have no public access granted
- I've recreated the scenario on my local Metacat installation -- it appears the permissions for the older revision are...
- 03:05 PM Revision 7367 (metacat): correct the number of prepared statement parameters when inserting to xml_revisions table.
- Errors like the following were showing in the replication log file:
knb 20120831-19:42:38: [ERROR]: DocumentImpl.writ...
- 10:22 AM Bug #5676: Metacarta Labs WMS layer is not loading
- Service seems to be back up now.
- 03:45 PM Bug #5698: datapackage uploads to dev2 metacat are currently slow
- We should check the xml_catalog table for entries that point to defunct servers...This was the case on production KNB...
- 07:43 PM Bug #5698 (New): datapackage uploads to dev2 metacat are currently slow
- When using the sensor-view archiveDataturbineDataToMetacat.kar to archive data from my laptop at ucsb to dev2's metac...
- 12:06 PM Bug #5696 (Resolved): pathQuery returns eml docs which have no public access granted
- As far as I remember, non-public eml docs did not used to be returned in pathQuery result sets in earlier versions of...
- 08:24 AM Revision 7366 (metacat): include WHERE in the sql where clause - encountered by SAEON's node admin, Alex Niehaus.
- 10:41 PM Revision 7365 (metacat): use resourceMapLocation (resolve url for the ore map) as the datacite_relatedIdentifier_isPartOf property
- 10:38 PM Revision 7364 (metacat): use lowercase 'metadata' and 'data' for the resourceType
- 10:36 PM Revision 7363 (metacat): set publisher to the source system when publisher == creator (we want them to be different, even if just for appearances)
- 10:25 PM Revision 7362 (metacat): only include public (readable) DOIs in the final output
- 10:24 PM Revision 7361 (metacat): use "lastname, firstname" convention throughout
- 10:18 PM Revision 7360 (metacat): include more descriptive data file name for title of data records
- 10:04 PM Revision 7359 (metacat): include publisher given name correctly
- 09:45 PM Revision 7358 (metacat): create docid-guid mapping during replication if it does not exist. we were [incorrectly] assuming that there would be SM coming with the document info that would fill this information in, but for traditional non-MN Metacat deployments there is no SM to provide a mapping. In this case we use the docid as the guid.
- 03:03 PM Revision 7357 (metacat): include certificate export SSL options as an example (used heavily for DataONE and Metacat Replication)
- 12:42 PM Revision 7356 (metacat): stream the replication "update" response rather than building up a complete list in a stringbuffer. prompted by findings on t he CN: https://redmine.dataone.org/issues/3141
- 03:46 PM Revision 7355 (metacat): make sure data objects correctly use force replicate with action "insert"
- 11:43 AM Bug #5676 (Resolved): Metacarta Labs WMS layer is not loading
- This WMS service seems to be down, as is their entire site. I noticed this a few days ago, but thought it was tempora...
- 03:39 PM Revision 7353 (metacat): correct the update statement for setting archived flag on SM where document revision does not exist in the xml_documents table
- 02:46 PM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Looks good!
- 12:40 PM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Adding to /etc/init.d/tomcat6:
ulimit -Hn 65536
ulimit -Sn 65536
seems to have done the trick, no more 'too many open...
- 11:32 AM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Also uncommented "session required pam_limits.so" in /etc/pam.d/su
- 11:23 AM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- I made the change in /etc/security/limits.conf, from 1024 to 65k.
- 11:11 AM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Reboot away! (Only parc and esa will be affected)
- 05:52 PM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- I think the 'open file' limit is set too low. Nick, could you increase this, maybe to 'unlimited', or some large numb...
- 12:10 PM Revision 7352 (metacat): sleep before updating and deleting test documents - otherwise their index entries may not be fully written and this causes errors (update and delete first attempt to remove index references, but if they are not in the DB yet then they are not removed but then they do get added and the FK constraints make the delete fail). Since we know indexing occurs in a separate thread with a configured delay, we just use this same delay in our testing.
- 10:47 PM Revision 7350 (metacat): when updating a document on a remote server, we still need to use the previous docid to check that the user has permissions to do so (rather than the new id that is obsoleting the old id). This was discovered by M Servilla at LTER.
- 03:56 PM Bug #5647 (Closed): Lack of access rights for "previous" datafile prevent saving
- I believe this problem was the culprit for [some of] James Wilkins' problems saving datapackages to Metacat.
- 11:08 AM Revision 7348 (metacat): remove unused "dataonelogger"
- 10:40 AM Revision 7347 (metacat): prep for 2.0.3 release
- 07:35 AM Bug #5644 (Resolved): "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Derik and I tried to deploy PAR, ESA and EVOS Metacat instances (and corresponding Geoserver webapps) under the same ...
Also available in: Atom