create an ofa compliant oracle instance
need to update the oracle installation on ecoinfo to be ofa compliant
#3 Updated by Jing Tao almost 18 years ago
A new instace of oracle from ecoinfo backup file was created in my local machine
- pine and a metacat is runing in this instance. Everything seems fine. So our
backup is successful.
Here are procedures:
1) Unzip the backup package and got control files, datafiles and other
2) Create a new database name "knb"(global name is
knb.pine.nceas.ucsb.edu) in my local oralce by dbassit. This
new database has the same name of control files, data files and other files as
the backup package. For example, the control files in knb (my local db
name) are control01.ctl, control02.ctl and control03.ctl. The conrol files
in backup package are control01.ctl, control02.ctl and control03.ctl too.
3) Using the backup package files to replace the original files created by
dbassit in files directory (total 13 files).
4) Set ORACLE_SID=knb
5) Remove "remote_login_passwordfile" from initknb.ora
6) Alter file path in database: This is because current data files, redo files
have different locations to them in ecoinfo.And control files have the memory
where they were.
6a) sqlplus /nolog
6b) >connect internal
6c) >startup mount
6d) >alter database rename file '/oracle01/oradata/knb/system01.dbf' to
6e) Change every file except control files.
6f) shutdwon immediate
If we want setup metacat with the instance we need to do:
7) alter knb user
8) edit network conifigure files - listener.ora tnsnames.ora in
9) lsncrtl stop
10) lsnrctl start