Case actor issues
Case actor issues:
1) When inside a Case actor in ptolemy vergil, you see at the top of your workflow, beneath the toolbar, a set of tabs for each refinement. We may consider also adding this tabbed interface for ease of working with Case actors.
2) The CaseDirector, control Input port, and default refinement inside the Case actor use ptolemy icons. I'm guessing all actors used by kepler should use kepler style (same-size etc) icons.
3) In order to add a refinement inside Case, you have to instantiate ptolemy.actor.lib.hoc.Refinement, it's not in the tree.
#1 Updated by Daniel Crawl about 13 years ago
For issue 1:
Case uses CaseGraphFrame to display tabs for each refinement. CaseGraphFrame is a subclass of ActorGraphFrame. KeplerGraphFrame is also a subclass of ActorGraphFrame, and also provides a tabbed interface. I think for Case to have tabbed refinements in kepler, the changes in KeplerGraphFrame need to be merged into ptolemy.
#2 Updated by Daniel Crawl almost 13 years ago
1) I updated KeplerGraphFrame so that composite entities providing a tabbed interface, such as the Case actor, will work in Kepler. The tabbed panes appear beneath the "Workflow" canvas tab. Unfortunately, these entities must subclass KeplerGraphFrame instead of ActorGraphFrame in order to get Kepler's actor library; I created copies of CaseGraphFrame/GraphTableau in the gui module.
2) Opening the Case actor now shows the contents of each refinement as a separate canvas. The CaseDirector, control input and default refinement icons are no longer visible.
3) I updated Kepler's menu configuration file to show the Case menu when displaying a Case actor. This menu has items to add and remove refinements, so the Refinement actor does not need to be added to the actor tree.