Project

General

Profile

Bug #4150

Save in Library broken

Added by Derik Barseghian almost 10 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Immediate
Assignee:
Category:
general
Target version:
Start date:
06/12/2009
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:
4150

Description

Save in Library is giving me problems:

[run] Exception occurred during event dispatching:
[run] java.lang.NullPointerException
[run] at org.kepler.kar.gui.SaveInLibraryDialog.determineKarFile(SaveInLibraryDialog.java:256)
[run] at org.kepler.kar.gui.SaveInLibraryDialog._saveCommand(SaveInLibraryDialog.java:372)
[run] at org.kepler.kar.gui.SaveInLibraryDialog.access$100(SaveInLibraryDialog.java:99)
[run] at org.kepler.kar.gui.SaveInLibraryDialog$1.actionPerformed(SaveInLibraryDialog.java:647)
[run] at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
[run] at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169)
[run] at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
[run] at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
[run] at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
[run] at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5517)

Related issues

Blocked by Kepler - Bug #4049: Import actor that already exists appends strange numbering schemeNew05/01/2009

Blocks Kepler - Bug #4174: Actor library not building correctlyResolved06/18/2009

History

#1 Updated by Matt Jones over 9 years ago

Evaluate whether there are any issues getting actors to save as KAR and show up in Library. If not, close this bug.

#2 Updated by Aaron Aaron over 9 years ago

seems to work for me in the kepler suite

#3 Updated by Derik Barseghian over 9 years ago

This didn't work for me:

- add and select a local repo for Save and Search
- customized an Rexpression actor
- right clicked on actor, Save Archive into my repo
- did a search for the actor: no results.
- quit kepler, relaunch. Now I can find it via search, but I cannot drag it onto canvas

#4 Updated by Aaron Aaron over 9 years ago

ah the problem here is just that a folder doesn't get added to the library when you create a new local repository

#5 Updated by Aaron Aaron over 9 years ago

So after adding a LocalRepository and clicking on OK in the component preferences tab. The entire library gets rebuilt. At this point the folder should have appeared. Turns out that I was creating a new root EntityLibrary when rebuilding the library and this was totally hanging Kepler and causing problems. Now I've made it so the root EntityLibrary is never replaced but simply it's children are removed using setContainer(null) and then new children are added. This seems to really help (not totally sure why). Will close this bug after someone can double check that it is working OK.

#6 Updated by Derik Barseghian over 9 years ago

Following my procedure in comment #3, I can now find a folder with an entry for the actor beneath it without relaunching, but there's no entry for the actor itself, i.e. I still can't instantiate one from the tree, even after relaunch. I tried this twice, with a fresh build, and using ant clean-all between tries.

I also get this error (which maybe needs a different bug) when creating my own local repo (I'm using wrp):

[run] ERROR (org.kepler.reporting.rio.fop.ReportParser:parse:97) could not find workflow for LSID: urn:lsid:gamma.msi.ucsb.edu/OpenAuth/:813:408:1
[run] java.lang.NullPointerException
[run] at org.kepler.objectmanager.ObjectManager.getHighestObjectRevision(ObjectManager.java:220)
[run] at org.kepler.reporting.rio.fop.ReportParser.parse(ReportParser.java:95)
[run] at org.kepler.reporting.rio.fop.ReportRenderer.convertXML2Report(ReportRenderer.java:229)
[run] at org.kepler.reporting.rio.fop.ReportRenderer.convertXML2Report(ReportRenderer.java:192)

#7 Updated by Aaron Aaron over 9 years ago

Works now

#8 Updated by Redmine Admin about 6 years ago

Original Bugzilla ID was 4150

Also available in: Atom PDF