Waterflow TPC demo - tracking bug
Will be using this as a demonstration of the TPC reporting system. Logging development here (might overlap with the trac system).
#2 Updated by ben leinfelder almost 13 years ago
In the tpc02-water-flow-base.xml workflow I have the table rendering in reporting not using the R data2html method nor the browser-launch (i've left that part of the workflow intact for comparison as I hone the reporting-based version).
TODO (workflow-side): finesse the data going into the report - "month" is an integer (1=Jan, 2=Feb, etc...) and the "avg" has 8 decimal places. Also want to use capitalization for the column headers?
TODO (reporting-side): Shade the header row. Lighten the borders around the cells.
#4 Updated by Derik Barseghian almost 13 years ago
I'm getting a lot of error messages on the console when I open this workflow. It seems to run ok though. (This is while using our current version of hsqldb). Are others seeing these errors?
[run] ERROR (org.ecoinformatics.seek.dataquery.DBTablesGenerator:generateDBTextTable:481) The error in generateDBTable is
[run] java.sql.SQLException: Table already exists: T1941157596 in statement [CREATE TEXT TABLE T1941157596]
[run] at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
[run] at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
[run] at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
#5 Updated by Derik Barseghian almost 13 years ago
On my Eclipse build, which is using hsqldb 1.8, I get the same, and some additional errors. Provenance gives an "ERROR: RecordingException: Unable to insert into data table: out of memory", the workflow seems to work (web page comes up), but in the wrapping up phase I get a bunch of ejava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space errors. So, I wonder is the overhead of Eclipse or my locally different version of hsql to blame. Any other Eclipse user seeing this too?
#7 Updated by Derik Barseghian almost 13 years ago
I'm not seeing the memory errors today when using Eclipse with the currently checked in hsql, nor in Eclipse with hsql 1.8. Either I was just low on memory yesterday, or maybe I failed to kill .kepler between my tests and that caused some issue. r19734 upgrades kepler to hsqldb 220.127.116.11. Let me know if you notice any issues with this.
#9 Updated by ben leinfelder almost 13 years ago
using record-based data table rendering"nil" values are showing as a large number - need a bug fix for that.
-including status actor
-river and month are both integers - not sure where those are being looked up, but the values need to be in the dataframe before the RecordToken is created and "reported on"
#10 Updated by ben leinfelder almost 13 years ago
Changes made by Jim:
-month and river are now strings (rather than factors (ie. ints).
-rounding done to 4 places.
Changes made by me:
-"nil" values will be preserved for IntToken
-DoubleToken "nil" values will show as "NaN"
-boolean "nil", unfortunately, will show as "false"
#11 Updated by ben leinfelder almost 13 years ago
For the tutorial:
-we will use the "base" workflow with production data. Most slides and hands-on activities will use this workflow.
-the "high" workflow will be switched to use DEV for it's data so that we can illustrate how adding new data tables to an existing datapackage will be picked up automatically the next time the scheduled workflow executes.
#18 Updated by ben leinfelder almost 13 years ago
I've gotten this working in the trunk now - after merging and patching up some new errors.
Ran the base workflow kar from my command line which automatically uploaded it to my local metacat where i could see the generated report (pdf).
There are still some blocking bugs, however (added).