viewing report before executing sometimes generates persistent blank report
I unfortunately can't figure out how to replicate this yet. It occurred with the latest tpc01 report archive, although I'm not certain it's truly specific to this KAR. After debugging the workflow and building the report, I found that opening the archive and viewing the report would not trigger a message saying the workflow needed to be run first. Executing the workflow would then generate a single blank page with no title or any content, but with a time and date stamp at the bottom. I have attached the run archive with that output in it.
A clean-cache made the problem go away, but I can't replicate it, so I can't be sure what went wrong or that it won't happen again.
#2 Updated by ben leinfelder over 11 years ago
1) opened the tpc01 kar with a clean-cache
2) look at the Report Design view
3) not all items are viewable (scrolling issue in a different bug)
4) switch to Report Viewer view and get "run this first!" message
5) run the workflow
6) see the report in the viewer
7) close kepler
8) start kepler
9) [re]open tpc01 kar
10) verify report layout is present (habit)
11) switch to report viewer and see the results from the last run (as expected)
Am I close to having done anything that might cause this bug to happen for me?
#3 Updated by Oliver Soong over 11 years ago
It's the File->Save Archive (KAR) that triggers this. After the save, when the archive has been reloaded, changing the report or the workflow and rerunning won't fix anything. Closing and re-opening the workflow fixes things. This whether or not you save the KAR to a local repository.
#5 Updated by Oliver Soong over 11 years ago
The last comment wasn't terribly specific.
1. Create a workflow, File->Save (say test.xml), and run it. I believe this creates an execution history for that particular workflow name.
2. Add a report and File->Save Archive (say text.kar).
3. After the KAR re-opens, view the report. There shouldn't be an execution history message (because there is an execution history), but there is also a blank page with the date at the bottom.
4. Run the workflow. The report should still be a blank page with the date at the bottom.
5. File->Save Archive (KAR). There should be no ROML in this file.