eml-coverage changes needed
Changes as decided upon at the Sevilleta EML meeting, April 24-25, 2002:
1) delete taxonomicKeywords element (it'll be handled in resource and mapped to
2) delete multipleDatesTimes, make singelDateTime repeatable (again, can map to
3) make "rangeOfDates" have content model (singleDateTime, singleDateTime)
4) make ComplexType for "Coverage" (+) which includes a CHOICE of elements for
temporalCoverage*, taxonomicCoverage*, geographicCoverage*
5) rename elements in geologicTimeScale to: alternativeTimeScale (timeScaleName,
timeScaleValue, timeScaleUncertainty, timeScaleExplanation, timeScaleCitation)
6) GeographicCov -- make bounding box require all four values (rather than two)
so that it defines a rectangle.
7) State indocumentaiton that places that have only a point location should put
identical coordinates in both corners of the bounding box (we decided NOT to add
a point location field)
8) make datasetGPolygonOuterRing be sequence of 3 or more points (rather than
the current one point -- I can't remember why we didn't choose to go with 4
based on peter's explanation of ring closure
#3 Updated by Chris Jones over 18 years ago
Created the complexType 'Coverage', consisting of a choice of
'temporalCoverage', 'geographicCoverage', or ' taxonomicCoverage', each of which
are requiried if chosen. The type is repeatable. Also, spelled out each
coverage element to follow convention (rather than shortened ___Cov)
#4 Updated by Chris Jones over 18 years ago
Renamed elements in geologic time scale.
Made all four bounding box coordinates required, and explained the change in
thedocumentation to handle single point bounding areas.
Changed the content model to datasetGPolygonOuterRing to be a 3..n sequence.
This is a partial bug fix for bug 491: in that, structurally, the changes are
finished, but I still need to go through the documentation more closely.