Errors when saving more than one actors in a kar.
1) drag and drop two actors into canvas, such as 'Display' and 'Constant'
2) choose these two actors and right click 'Save Archive (KAR)' item, a saving dialog will show up with promoting name 'Display.kar'
3) save the kar as 'Display.kar'
4) find the kar newly generated from 'MyWorkflows' folder in Kepler GUI, only display actor show up under 'Display,kar'
5) drag and drop the actor under 'Display,kar', only display actor show up on canvas.
shall we display all actors under the 'Display.kar', or shall we disable 'Save Archive (KAR)' item when users choose multiple actors? I think the latter is more reasonable.
#1 Updated by Derik Barseghian about 10 years ago
Disabling the option when multiple actors are selected would be an improvement since it's not working, but being able to put multiple actors in one KAR seems good. Given that we have CoreActors.kar, a kar with many actors in it, I think it's reasonable for a user to see that and expect they can make something similar. When the dialog comes up, the suggested name could just be left blank instead of displaying one of the actor names.
#2 Updated by jianwu jianwu about 10 years ago
One difference between this situation and CoreActors.kar is that there may be dependencies among actors here, whereas all actors in CoreActors are independent with each other. So only listing actors like CoreActors will lose the dependencies among these actors.