Project

General

Profile

Bug #5179

determine if ptolemy 8.0.0 is the desired version for kepler 2.1.0 release

Added by Derik Barseghian almost 9 years ago. Updated almost 9 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Category:
general
Target version:
Start date:
09/16/2010
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Bugzilla-Id:
5179

Description

Christopher wants to check if there have been any critical fixes in ptolemy since kepler 2.0.0 was released, to see if we should use a newer version of ptolemy for kepler-2.1.0.

History

#1 Updated by Christopher Brooks almost 9 years ago

Here's one change that should possibly go in to Kepler 2.1:

Jianwu's memory leak fix to
ptolemy.vergil.tree.EntityTreeModel
is in the ptII8.0 trunk as r59134.
See
http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-dev/2010-September/018912.html

#2 Updated by Derik Barseghian almost 9 years ago

Jianwu's made a few memory fixes already, but I believe he said he only wants to include them in 2.1 once he's done with the set...

#3 Updated by jianwu jianwu almost 9 years ago

There are quite a few other memory leaks in Kepler and reporting suite (not in Ptolemy). My target is to fix them in 2.2 release since current contents in 2.1 are already a little different with that in trunk.

#4 Updated by Christopher Brooks almost 9 years ago

These changes are present in the 8.0 beta release branch, but
not present in r58234, which is what is in the Kepler ptII8.0.0 module.

2010-05-03 23:49 cxh

2010-06-17 00:26 cxh

  • [r58234] /branches/rel-8-0-beta-2/ptolemy/actor/lib/IIR.java:
    Fixed clone() method, we were getting the value of the numerator
    from the newly cloned object instead of from the parent object
    and using it to set the private _numerator of the cloned object.

2010-03-24 23:55 cxh

  • [r57512] /trunk/ptolemy/moml/filter/RelationWidthChanges.java,
    /trunk/ptolemy/moml/filter/test/RelationWidthChanges.tcl: Fix for
    http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4804, which
    involved copy and paste of a relation. The problem was that the
    RelationWidthChanges filter would set the width to 1 instead of
    the width remaining Auto (-1). This was because the pasted MoML
    had no _createdBy attribute. This change might not be entirely
    safe, but it seems safer than the alternative

2010-03-18 01:34 haf

  • [r57495]
    /trunk/ptolemy/vergil/basic/layout/kieler/KielerLayout.java:
    bugfixing alignment of inner ports

2010-04-01 00:36 cxh

  • [r57528] /trunk/ptolemy/kernel/util/KernelException.java: Jiangwu
    Wang writes: "When implementing remote execution interfaces, such
    as java.rmi.Remote, IllegalActionException and KernelException
    can not be thrown since the _object1 and _object2 variables in
    ptolemy.kernel.util.KernelException may not be realizable" The
    fix is to make them transient.

None of these are completely mission critical, but several of the
changes are Kepler specific. If it was me, I'd ship Kepler-2.1
with the updated ptII 8.0 tree

Changes that are not in the 8.0 tree are listed below. I'll discuss these
with Edward today. I strongly prefer to not include new features in the
8.0 branch. These are mostly new features.

actor/IOPort.java
r58066 | cxh | 2010-06-10 15:00:20 -0700 (Thu, 10 Jun 2010) | 1 line
Call createReceivers() inside _getWidth() and getWidthInside()

actor/IOPortEventListener.java
r57912 | crawl | 2010-05-26 10:56:04 -0700 (Wed, 26 May 2010) | 2 lines
portEvent() now throws IllegalActionException.

actor/lib/io/DirectoryListing.java
r58597 | cxh | 2010-07-14 16:32:20 -0700 (Wed, 14 Jul 2010) | 1 line
Jianwu Wang: DirectoryListing now has an allowEmptyDirectory parameter

data/TokenUtilities.java
r57578 | cxh | 2010-04-09 09:00:59 -0700 (Fri, 09 Apr 2010) | 1 line
Added two digits of precision to DoubleToken.toString() so that DoubleTokens match how Java doubles are printed

2010-04-09 16:00 cxh

  • [r57578] /trunk/ptolemy/actor/lib/test/Ramp.tcl,
    /trunk/ptolemy/data/TokenUtilities.java,
    /trunk/ptolemy/data/expr/test/Functions.tcl,
    /trunk/ptolemy/data/expr/test/ParseTreeEvaluator.tcl: Added two
    digits of precision to DoubleToken.toString() so that
    DoubleTokens match how Java doubles are printed

PubSub changes are not in the 8.0 release branch

FSMDirector transfer outputs changes are not in the 8.0 release branch

Show Actor error dialog changes are not in the 8.0 release branch

Giotto Decorator changes are in the 8.0 release branch but should be removed.

#5 Updated by Derik Barseghian almost 9 years ago

Hey Christopher, thanks very much for compiling this list.
I'm going to recommend we ship 2.1 using the same ptolemy (8.0.0) that we did with 2.0, since that's how all our testing's been done so far. As you say these fixes aren't mission critical, and since I'm trying to ship next week, I'm trying to really freeze everything that's possible to freeze.
Closing...

#6 Updated by Christopher Brooks almost 9 years ago

If I was making this decision, I would ship 2.1 with the updated Ptolemy 8.0.beta-2 branch. That branch has changes that are going in to Ptolemy 8.0.1.
In the past, I've tried not shipping the most recent version and it has
not ended well.

#7 Updated by Redmine Admin over 6 years ago

Original Bugzilla ID was 5179

Also available in: Atom PDF