closing workflow does not save the location change of popup display windows.
To find the differences:
1) create a test workflow with display actors
2a) save the workflow as a kar
2b) save the workflow as a moml file
3) open the saved workflow
4) run workflow to have popup display windows
5) move display windows to another location
6) close the workflow, no popup window will show for overwrite confirmation
7) open the workflow again and run it
If the workflow is saved as a moml file, the new window location will be saved and show in the new execution. But it doesn't work for kar file saving.
#1 Updated by jianwu jianwu over 9 years ago
In the newest Kepler menu setting http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-dev/2010-September/018920.html, moml file has to explicitly 'Export ..' to save in step 6 and an overwrite confirmation dialog will showup.
#3 Updated by Christopher Brooks over 7 years ago
1) Create SDFDirector, Const->Display model
2) Run the model
3) Drag the Display Actor to a new location
4) Save the model and exit
5) Restart the model, hit run
6) The Display actor is in the new location
What does not work is at step 4 to do File-> Exit - the new location is not saved.
Again, I think this is by design.
To save the locations of the Placeables, do File -> Save.
I'll look into this further.
#7 Updated by Christopher Brooks over 7 years ago
I'm reopening this because I'm going to back out the change to
actor/gui/WindowPropertiesAttribute.java that was saving the location
of Display actors without prompting.
The problem is that if the user opens a model and moves the Display actor
and then closes it, they are prompted for saving.
If the user wants to save the location of the Display actors, then they
should explicitly save the model.