#1 Updated by Lauren Walker almost 7 years ago
- translation missing: en.field_remaining_hours set to 0.0
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- File provenance-icon.png provenance-icon.png added
I've deployed two versions of the search interface to use for the DUG user testing:
1. https://search.dataone.org : This shows production data and can be used for most of the search and metadata user testing.
2. https://search.test.dataone.org : This shows testing data (cn-sandbox-2) with the new provenance features. A dataset with provenance info is here: https://search.test.dataone.org/#view/urn:uuid:bf71c38b-22b2-469e-8983-734ec0ab19cb. I don't think we will need to do any search testing on this interface, although it would be helpful to hear whether the provenance icon in the search result list is an understandable indicator of provenance metadata. (See attached screenshot)
#2 Updated by Matt Jones almost 7 years ago
- Estimated time set to 0.00 h
Lauren -- It looks like the endpoint on search.dataone.org is not using the view service to display metadata records, so the individual metadata displays are impoverished. It would be better to have the participants review the UI as we intend to have it deployed in production. I guess this means we would need to point it at a CN supporting the V2 APIs? Or maybe we just point out that the metadata view should be reviewed on a good record on search.test?