From 05/25/2000 to 06/23/2000
- 04:26 PM Bug #25: nodeid should be generated in safe manner
Used different approach:
When next node is to be inserted into xml_nodes table, get a next # from
sequence up in...
- 04:24 PM Bug #17: DBWriter uses multiple transactions to load document
DB connection for DBWriter is changed to be in no auto commit mode.
It is commited on success and rollback when ...
- 12:39 PM Bug #31: need dataset id reference from metadata
- increasing priority because this affects the most basic levels of functionality
of the client.
- 12:38 PM Bug #30: get dataguide function needed by client
- lowering priority because this is a search feature that requires the user to
understand complex queries and something...
- 12:29 PM Bug #15: metacat depends on Oracle parser, should be SAX
- All of the metacat classes use the SAX2 API now for loading and parsing XML
documents. The specific parser is dynami...
- 12:09 PM Revision 186 (metacat): Fixed bug in DBWriter using the new SAX2 interface. Turned out it was a bug in xerces-1_1_1, which was fixed by Andy Clark after I reported it.
- 11:10 AM Bug #23: creating shared pool of connections in metacat servlet
- This idea should be generalized to include a shared pool of connections for most
of the important objects like Connec...
- 07:20 PM Revision 185 (metacat): 1) Simplified database connection creation by adding new utility routine in MetaCatUtil that reads configuration information from the properties file.
- 2) Created MetaCatUtil.getOption() to retrieve options from properties file.
3) Unified SAX Parser creation by specif...
- 11:40 AM Bug #31 (Resolved): need dataset id reference from metadata
- Need update to relations tag in order to obtain data id from metadata
- 11:38 AM Bug #30 (Resolved): get dataguide function needed by client
- The client needs to be able to ask the server for a LORE style dataguide for
each of the doctypes handled by the ser...
- 11:36 AM Bug #29 (Resolved): Download DTDs/Schemas for client
- The client needs to be able to get a list of doctypes from the server in order
to show the list of possible search t...
- 07:57 PM Revision 184 (metacat): cleaned up code for getting options from the properties file, made the database connection inthe MetaCatUtil class use the properties file for the conneciton info
- 06:58 PM Bug #28 (Resolved): need doctype backtracing/linking feature as part of doctype filter
- When a user specifies a return type for document types, only those document
types specified are returned. There sho...
- 06:54 PM Bug #22: content negotiation for doctypes needed
- Both DBSimpleQuery and, more relevant, DBQuery support specification of the
document type that should be returned as ...
- 06:49 PM Bug #24: MetaCatServlet should provide 2 more input parameters to DBWriter: accession# and action
- this bug is only relevant if the update and delete functions are completed
- 05:37 PM Revision 183 (metacat): updated javadoc documentation
- 05:23 PM Revision 182 (metacat): updated javadoc documentation
- 05:14 PM Revision 181 (metacat): integrated new structured query facility (DBQuery) into the servlet demo (MetaCatServlet)
- 03:45 PM Revision 180 (metacat): removed debugging code
- 03:37 PM Revision 179 (metacat): fixed QuerySpecification to produce SQL that does UNION or INTERSECT set operations for query group combinations
- 03:31 PM Revision 178 (metacat): fixed QuerySpecification to produce SQL that does UNION or INTERSECT set operations for query group combinations
- 06:42 PM Revision 177 (metacat): finsihed basic functionality for structured queries based on the DBQuery and QuerySpecification classes
- 05:53 PM Bug #27 (Resolved): DBReader doesn't recreate COMMENTS and PIs when reading a doc
- DBReader only looks at the ELEMENT, ATTRIBUTE, and TEXT nodes when reading a
document from the database. It needs t...
- 05:44 PM Revision 176 (metacat): added code to build an index of the paths through the DOM tree to each node in the tree as the node is being inserted
- 04:20 PM Bug #26: need to add NOT operator to pathquery.dtd
- will do.
- 04:19 PM Bug #26 (Resolved): need to add NOT operator to pathquery.dtd
- The query description supported by pathquery.dtd does not currently support the
"NOT' boolean operator, which should...
- 02:50 PM Bug #25: nodeid should be generated in safe manner
Used different approach:
When next node to be inserted into xml_nodes table, get a next # from
sequence up in th...
- 10:44 AM Bug #25 (Resolved): nodeid should be generated in safe manner
- We're going to use sequence and db trigger before insert for nodeid generation,
because it is the fastest way.
- 02:24 PM Revision 175 (metacat): db trigger xml_nodes_before_insert no longer in use
- 02:15 PM Revision 174 (metacat): for safe nodeid generation
- 06:15 PM Bug #18: metacat docid and rootnodeid not generated in a safe manner
- Problem fixed for docid assignment.
Using AccessionNumber class for docid generation from DBSAXDocument class.
- 04:42 PM Revision 173 (metacat): modified shell scripts to support new parser locations and syntax changes
- 04:24 PM Revision 172 (metacat): completed work on creating structured query prototype in DBQuery and QuerySpecification classes
- 03:39 PM Revision 171 (metacat): added missed conn.close()
- 01:31 PM Revision 170 (metacat): continued work on structured query. Now QuerySpecification generates SQL for a given xml input, and DBQuery uses that SQL to send the query to the db
- 09:42 AM Revision 169 (metacat): fixed string broken over two lines
- 08:20 PM Revision 168 (metacat): documentation cleanup
- 07:56 PM Revision 167 (metacat): minor modifications to fix problems introduced with AccessionNumber module
- 06:58 PM Revision 166 (metacat): minor modifications to fix problems introduced with AccessionNumber module
- 06:53 PM Revision 165 (metacat): minor modifications to fix problems introduced with AccessionNumber module
- 02:32 PM Bug #24 (Resolved): MetaCatServlet should provide 2 more input parameters to DBWriter: accession# and action
- action should be INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE
- 12:04 PM Revision 164 (metacat): 2 new properties added:
- 12:01 PM Revision 163 (metacat): docid is varchar2(55)
- new table xml_acc_numbers
clear out db trigger xml_documents_before_insert
- 11:53 AM Revision 162 (metacat): docid is String
- 11:53 AM Revision 161 (metacat): docid is String
- docid is generated from AccessionNumber.generate() call
- 11:51 AM Revision 160 (metacat): gen acc # in new connection
- changing to static methods
include action parameter
- 10:00 AM Bug #23 (Resolved): creating shared pool of connections in metacat servlet
- Need changes on MetaCatUtil class to create number of connections on
startup and provide them when needed.
- 07:05 PM Bug #17: DBWriter uses multiple transactions to load document
- jivka is taking care of this -- it depends on the exception handling bug
- 07:00 PM Bug #15: metacat depends on Oracle parser, should be SAX
- the current DBWriter class uses the oracle parser explicitly. See the example
in DBQuery.java to demonstarte how to ...
- 06:55 PM Revision 159 (metacat): continued work on structured query -- now it reads the queryspec xml docuemnt and can digest its contents
- 05:27 PM Revision 158 (metacat): continued work on developing structured query functionality using the QuerySpecification class -- incomplete still
- 05:26 PM Revision 157 (metacat): minor changes to TextNode
- 03:49 PM Revision 156 (metacat): fixed error in pathquery.dtd
- 01:54 PM Revision 155 (metacat): added incomplete classes for structured query
- 09:52 PM Bug #22: content negotiation for doctypes needed
- added content negotiation to DBSimpleQuery. Web forms updated to demonstrate
feature by selecting only eml-dataset d...
- 09:43 PM Revision 154 (metacat): added result-set filter to DBSimpleQuery to only return specified document type
- 04:04 PM Bug #22: content negotiation for doctypes needed
- Will work this into DBSimpleQuery and into the query language -- mbj
- 04:04 PM Bug #22 (Resolved): content negotiation for doctypes needed
- Need to mechanism to express the types of documents that should be returned from
a metadata query. For example, a c...
- 03:20 PM Revision 153 (metacat): added query language dtd and example file
- 02:23 PM Revision 152 (metacat): changed getDocID() only to:
- return docid;
- 02:22 PM Revision 151 (metacat): put checkURLConnection(systemId) before
- its register in db or using from the parser
- 10:07 AM Bug #21 (Resolved): metacat redundancy in reader and writer implementation of nodes
- Two node hierarchies inherit from BasicNode in the metacat Reader and Writer
applications. In the DBWriter, the DBS...
- 07:02 PM Bug #19: need exception handling mechanism
- Some more details about this bug from Jivka and my conversation about this
We should probably have an error ha...
- 06:18 PM Bug #19 (Resolved): need exception handling mechanism
- It should have been assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 06:51 PM Bug #20 (Resolved): DBSAXNode constructor can be simplified
- DBSAXNode now takes a DBSAXNode rootnode and a DBSAXDocument currentDoc as part
of the constructor. But really we ...
- 06:39 PM Revision 150 (metacat): rewrote DBSimpleQuery and associated classes to no longer use Oracle's hierarchichal query syntax -- now this should work with any JDBC compliant backend DB
- 01:00 PM Bug #13: metacat doesn't allow updates or deletes
- Reassigned to bojilova. She will modify servlet to allow updates and deletes of
metadata socuments based on docid. ...
- 12:57 PM Bug #18: metacat docid and rootnodeid not generated in a safe manner
- Reassigned bug to bojilova. She will fix this bug by chnaging docid assignment
to the AccessionNumber class, and wil...
- 12:52 PM Revision 149 (metacat): assign rootnodeid, docid for every node in xml_nodes table by given document
- 09:22 AM Bug #17: DBWriter uses multiple transactions to load document
- made changes on auto commit mode
need changes on exception handling
- 09:21 AM Bug #17: DBWriter uses multiple transactions to load document
- made changes to auto commit mode
need changes on exeption handling for
- 09:08 AM Revision 148 (metacat): to use single transaction
- 09:06 AM Revision 147 (metacat): no message
- 01:34 PM Revision 145 (metacat): new class for registering of Accession numbers into metacat db
- 11:16 AM Bug #18 (Resolved): metacat docid and rootnodeid not generated in a safe manner
- when a document or node are inserted into their respective tables, a trigger
generates an ID number for the PK from ...
- 11:13 AM Bug #17 (Resolved): DBWriter uses multiple transactions to load document
- When loading a document, each node is insertend into the DB as a different
transaction. If the insertion fails duri...
- 11:11 AM Revision 144 (metacat): renamed DBSAXWriter to DBWriter
- 10:59 AM Bug #16 (Resolved): validation engine uses OASIS XML Catalog
- need to switch the EntityResolver from the Oasis XML Catalog to the internal,
database-based entity resolver.
- 10:58 AM Bug #15 (Resolved): metacat depends on Oracle parser, should be SAX
- need to make metacata only dependant on the SAX parser, probably SAX2 for
- 10:56 AM Bug #14 (Resolved): metacat TEXT nodes limited to 4K characters
- The current 4K character limit on metacat TEXT nodes is going to be limiting in
some cases. Need mechanism to split...
- 10:54 AM Bug #13 (Resolved): metacat doesn't allow updates or deletes
- The current metacat doesn't allow updates to metadata documents nor deletes of
- 08:53 PM Revision 143 (metacat): updated classpath to use jar file in shell scripts
- 08:47 PM Revision 142 (metacat): reincorporated Title registration code for documents
- 05:52 PM Revision 141 (metacat): updated stylesheet script to reflect new table structure
- 05:46 PM Revision 140 (metacat): updated documentation
- 05:40 PM Revision 139 (metacat): updated jar file
- 05:38 PM Revision 138 (metacat): updated javadoc documentation
- 05:28 PM Revision 137 (metacat): Renamed DBSAXElement to DBSAXNode
- 05:19 PM Revision 136 (metacat): rearranged API for incrementing the node index within the parent node
- 05:16 PM Revision 135 (metacat): rearranged API for incrementing the node index within the parent node
- 03:42 PM Revision 134 (metacat): code consolidation, cleanup, and documentation
- 03:40 PM Revision 133 (metacat): code consolidation, cleanup, and documentation
- 02:11 PM Revision 132 (metacat): improved error handling when docid not found
- 10:58 AM Revision 131 (metacat): general module cleanup
- 07:12 PM Revision 130 (metacat): renamed ReaderElement to ElementNode
- 07:08 PM Revision 129 (metacat): renamed BasicElement to BasicNode
- 07:00 PM Revision 128 (metacat): continuing work on changing to DOM Text node model
- 06:31 PM Revision 127 (metacat): continued changing to DOM TEXT node model
- 06:12 PM Revision 126 (metacat): continued changing to DOM TEXT node model
- 05:46 PM Revision 125 (metacat): added new shell script for command line document retrieval
- 05:45 PM Revision 124 (metacat): added new DB SQL utility query
- 05:44 PM Revision 123 (metacat): Modifying storage model to use DOM TEXT nodes
- 05:43 PM Revision 122 (metacat): Modifying storage model to use DOM TEXT nodes -- update is incomplete and query code doesn not work for this checkin
- 04:12 PM Revision 121 (metacat): moved arbortext catalog files to src dir
- 04:05 PM Revision 119 (metacat): updated paths to reflect new file locations
- 04:02 PM Revision 118 (metacat): added jar archive for metacat servlet
- 03:59 PM Revision 117 (metacat): moved config files to lib dir
- 03:58 PM Revision 116 (metacat): moved shell scripts to bin dir, config files to lib dir
- 03:51 PM Revision 115 (metacat): moved html files and jar files to lib directory
- 03:47 PM Revision 114 (metacat): moved sql files to src directory
- 02:00 PM Revision 113 (metacat): added Ant build system support
- 01:55 PM Revision 112 (metacat): moved java files to src directory
- 01:54 PM Revision 111 (metacat): moved java files to src directory
- 10:50 AM Revision 110 (metacat): changed case 4/ to be like case 3/ when no doctype specified
- 05:56 PM Revision 109 (metacat): document root node, doctype changes
Also available in: Atom