From 04/06/2002 to 05/05/2002
- 05:03 PM Revision 1050 (metacat): This file now contaions login testing for nceas, pisco and lter ldap server. It includes both successful and failed login testing.
- More testing such as insert xml document and data file ... will coming.
- 05:01 PM Revision 1049 (metacat): Revise junit testing part and make it working.
- Delete the variables for httpclient.jar and junit.jar
- 01:43 PM Revision 1048 (metacat): This jar file can be deleted.
- 01:42 PM Revision 1047 (metacat): This jar file will install in ant/lib.
- 05:37 PM Revision 1046 (metacat): Add two variables junit and httpclient in cpath
- 05:36 PM Revision 1045 (metacat): In order to implementate junit, this jar file is needed.
- 05:34 PM Revision 1044 (metacat): In order to test MetacatServlet, we need use HttpMessage class, so add this jar file
- 09:44 AM Bug #479 (Resolved): Debug message level
- In metacat, we use a flag to control display debug message or not. The flag
just have two values: true or false.
- 09:10 AM Bug #478 (Resolved): Security hole in Metacat for data file.
- In metacat, data files are put into the data directory in the same directory
as the servlet context. So one can do ...
- 08:33 AM Revision 1043 (metacat): Add two methods getHomeServer and getServerLocation. Given a docid, getHomeServer can get the information of its home host. Given a docid, getServerLocation can return server code for it.
- 08:29 AM Revision 1042 (metacat): In handleUpdateRequest method, if a metacat was configured to be hub super, it can provide any documents in its database. If the metacat is notsuper, it only provide the documents list which home host is itself.
- 08:25 AM Revision 1041 (metacat): Adding a hub control to data file in handleUpLoad method. Data file was changed can be replicate to all server or only home host.
- 08:21 AM Revision 1040 (metacat): Add a hashtable - server list as a class variable. So programmer have a control to the server list which will be forced to replicate.
- 08:18 AM Revision 1039 (metacat): Add a hub control in write and writeData method. If hub==super, metacat can replicate any document in its database to any server in server list. If it is not super, metacat only replicate local documents to any server in server list. If a document' home host is not itself, metacat only force replicate the document to the document's home host.
- 08:12 AM Revision 1038 (metacat): Adding a variable "hub". If hub=super, the metacat can replicate the documents and data file which's home host is not itself.
- 05:33 PM Bug #331: metacat data replication feature
- Now, administrator can configure the metacat to replicate nothing, meta data
only or meta data and data file by set ...
- 05:33 PM Revision 1037 (metacat): In update method, adding some code to handle replicate data file. Fixed the bug in deleting documents.
- 05:31 PM Revision 1036 (metacat): Making parser to handle datafile attribute in parsing updated doclist.
- 05:30 PM Revision 1035 (metacat): Add a new attribute in updated doc list: data file. So from this attribute, we can tell which document is a data file.
- 05:27 PM Revision 1034 (metacat): In writeDataFile method, using getDataFileLockGrant(docid) replace getDataFileLockGrant(docid, serverCode). The latter will cause a problem
- 01:38 PM Revision 1033 (metacat): Add a new variable datafileflag. This variable will indicate if a document is a data file in updated documents list in replication.
- 08:20 AM Bug #475: Associate access doc to some docid which doesn't have entry in xml_access table in knb
- We changed idea and don't want the porgram work. We hope the owner of the data
package use morpho to open it and ass...
- 05:02 PM Revision 1032 (metacat): Add two controls for handle replication server list is empty and updated document list is empty
- 05:01 PM Revision 1031 (metacat): Using DocumentImpl.writeDataFile method in handleReplicateDataFileRequest. Make code simple.
- 04:59 PM Revision 1030 (metacat): Add a control to handle if the server list is empty.
- 04:58 PM Revision 1029 (metacat): Add a method named writeDataFile. This method will register data file into xml_documents table and save a input stream to a file.
- 11:21 AM Revision 1028 (metacat): Adding a new feature that in uploaddatafile that the datafile can be replicated.
- 11:19 AM Revision 1027 (metacat): Adding a control which can turn on or off replcation data file.
- 11:18 AM Revision 1026 (metacat): Add method getDataFileLockGrant(). This method will check if xml-document of data file can be store into database.
- 08:25 AM Bug #473: LTER Metacat LDAP Authentican is NOT case sensitive for passwords
- I think the problem is because LTER didn't install the new version of
Metacat1.1. If Metacat1.1 didn't work either, ...
- 10:28 AM Revision 1025 (metacat): Add some new format.
- 10:28 AM Revision 1024 (metacat): changed .highlight style so font-size attribute is 1em instead of -1. Original -1 setting was not NN4 compatible
- 06:09 PM Revision 1023 (metacat): Add two method: handleGetDataFileRequest and handleForceReplicateDataFile. The two methods will handle data file replication.
- 06:07 PM Revision 1022 (metacat): Adding handle force replication data file part.
- 06:06 PM Revision 1021 (metacat): Add a new method named unRegisterDocument. This method will delete the record in xml_document table which is for a data file
- 06:52 PM Revision 1020 (metacat): Figure out the configuration issue about replication. If metacat was configured to set replication off in build.xml, it will reject replication.
- Adding a method named handleGetDataFileRequest. User can download data file from replcication now.
- 06:47 PM Revision 1019 (metacat): Change replication and replicationdata to be tokens
- 06:40 PM Revision 1018 (metacat): Adding two properties: replication and replicationdata. Administor can config build.xml instead of metacat.properties file.
- 05:54 PM Revision 1017 (metacat): Add two variable: replication and replicationdata.
- If administrator set replication on, replication will work. Set it off, it stop.
If administrator set both replicatio...
- 03:42 PM Bug #457: Bug in replciation
- The force replication and delt replication command is not correct. It missed
to specify server's name. And in wirte ...
- 03:37 PM Bug #452: Configure ssl in dev and ecoinfo
- Testing between dev and my local amchine, the replication work well through
- 03:35 PM Revision 1016 (metacat): Currently, some document in xml_document table doesn't have entries in
- xml_access table. This is okay during the old access policy.
But we changed the access policy( see bug 437 ) and if t...
- 03:28 PM Bug #475: Associate access doc to some docid which doesn't have entry in xml_access table in knb
- A new java file named AssociateAccessPolicy was created. When we run main
method, the docid which doesn't have a ent...
- 04:43 PM Bug #475 (Resolved): Associate access doc to some docid which doesn't have entry in xml_access table in knb
- Currently, some document in xml_document table doesn't have entries in
xml_access table. This is okay during the ol...
- 06:21 PM Revision 1015 (metacat): Fixed the bug that handle force replication
- 06:20 PM Revision 1014 (metacat): Fixed the bug that to handle forceReplication action
- 06:19 PM Revision 1013 (metacat): Add a method named getLocalReplicationServerName
- 06:18 PM Revision 1012 (metacat): Fixed the bug metacat will set server location to 1, no matter it is.
- 04:39 PM Bug #474 (Resolved): Metacat in Ecoinfo hang
- In our production version of metacat, it often hang in there and need to
restart tomcat. In that time a process of ...
- 10:51 AM Bug #473 (Resolved): LTER Metacat LDAP Authentican is NOT case sensitive for passwords
- When I try to log in to LTER's metacat my password takes whether it is whether
I use upper or lowercase. My userna...
- 06:04 PM Revision 1011 (metacat): Fixed the getall didn't work. Now local host can insert or update documents from remote host.
- But still there some problem on force replcation.
- 06:01 PM Revision 1010 (metacat): Adding a variable "context " here.
- 06:01 PM Revision 1009 (metacat): Adding a new token "context" in it.
- 01:53 PM Revision 1008 (metacat): Token for the server is changed to correct one.
- 10:05 AM Bug #238: query performance
- During playing query performance, it is found that more time will take, if the
result set is bigger. So performance ...
- 11:25 AM Bug #468 (Resolved): TLS between ldap server and metacat
- We already figured out hwo connect metacat with client. But we still need
metacat connect ldap server throught TSL....
- 08:35 AM Revision 1006 (metacat): Fixed getGroup method return a exception and cause authenticate failed.
- 12:18 AM Revision 1005 (metacat): Fixed the getIdentifyingName() sub so that it properly looks up someones
- DN if passed in a DN that is an alias. This is mainly important for
sites like PISCO that use a different root to th...
- 10:04 PM Revision 1004 (metacat): Some changes for pisco.
- 04:08 PM Revision 1003 (metacat): updated some spelling and grammar errors
- 03:51 PM Revision 1002 (metacat): turned debug off for the release
- 03:18 PM Revision 1001 (metacat): hopefully fixed the connection closed error.
- 02:09 PM Revision 1000 (metacat): fixed groups error, I hope.
- 11:21 AM Revision 999 (metacat): Removed obsoleted marine files. See the new "marine" module for
- relevant copies of these files.
- 11:06 AM Revision 998 (metacat): New stylesheet that is specific to the KNB website.
- 08:58 AM Revision 997 (metacat): replaced dev.nceas.ucsb.edu with @server@ in the marine index file
- 08:38 AM Revision 996 (metacat): changed some values for the release
- 08:34 AM Revision 995 (metacat): changed some values for the release
- 08:34 AM Bug #465: Data diretory
- The bug was fixed. In build.xml file, during installation a mkdir and chmod
were used. A variable of data dir was us...
- 08:32 AM Revision 994 (metacat): updated data directory note
- 08:27 AM Revision 993 (metacat): When Metacat installed, it can automatically create data directory for data file.
- 01:12 PM Bug #466 (Resolved): Create a JUnit class for Metacat action
- We need a JUnit class for testing the action of metacat. These actions insert,
update, delete, with valid, invalid,...
- 09:08 AM Revision 992 (metacat): updated build file. fixed the dist target so it doesn't copy the build directory into the distro.
- 08:31 AM Revision 991 (metacat): fixed auth bug
- 02:23 PM Revision 990 (metacat): Adding a note for user. The user should make a directory under 'webapps/context/'.
- The user should have write permission for this directory.
- 02:21 PM Bug #465 (Resolved): Data diretory
- Now if the Metacat doesn't have permssion, it could not create the data
direcotry automaticly. Uer should create th...
- 11:36 AM Revision 989 (metacat): updated for 1.1.0
- 11:12 AM Revision 988 (metacat): Update the install instruction.
- 10:39 AM Revision 987 (metacat): changed version number from 1.1 to 1.1.0
- 10:38 AM Revision 986 (metacat): changed version number from 1.1 to 1.1.0
- 10:21 AM Revision 985 (metacat): fixed some things for release 1.1
- 10:18 AM Revision 984 (metacat): fixed some things for release 1.1
- 09:55 AM Revision 983 (metacat): Change description for access control in readme file from "aplly" to "not aplly".
- 09:42 AM Revision 982 (metacat): changed some minor points in the readme.
- 09:28 AM Revision 981 (metacat): Update README for 1.1 release.
Also available in: Atom