From 04/15/2010 to 05/14/2010
- 02:55 PM Revision 5356 (metacat): changed the detailCode for DataOne exceptions to a string
- 11:40 AM Bug #3835: design and implement OAI-PMH compliant harvest subsystem
- Matt Jones wrote:
> Thanks, Duane. I had missed that document, which seems quite complete after looking it over. Wo...
- 08:03 AM Bug #3835: design and implement OAI-PMH compliant harvest subsystem
- Hi Matt,
Support for OAI-PMH is included in the Metacat distribution as of version 1.9.2. Configuring Metacat as an ...
- 11:18 AM Revision 5355 (metacat): added getSystemMetadata to ResourceHandler and changed the url format to be meta/guid. added a new servlet reponse handler in the web.xml file to handle the new urls and send them to the RestServlet.
- 10:25 AM Bug #5011 (Resolved): Add support for DataONE service API
- Metacat will be used within DataONE as both a Member Node and as a component of the Coordinating Node infrastructure....
- 04:28 PM Revision 5354 (metacat): Change the return type from kar to the namespace.
- 02:29 PM Revision 5353 (metacat): implemented update in ResourceHandler and fixed a bug in CrudService where data files were not handled correctly on update
- 01:33 PM Bug #3835: design and implement OAI-PMH compliant harvest subsystem
- Hi Hannu --
Regarding Comment #1, I've inquired over email about the status of this feature with Duane Costa, who dev...
- 03:03 PM Bug #4843: ESA registry: Remove 'station' default value from Organization Name
- On second thought, I'll take this one step further.
It doesn't make sense for Organization Name to appear as a field...
- 01:29 PM Bug #5007 (New): ESA registry: Logout link appears even when not logged in
- Even when I'm not logged in, I see the Logout link rather than the expected Login link in the top menu at http://data...
- 12:31 PM Bug #4904: NCEAS Projects list is missing from registry form dropdown
- Yes, it is point 3 under Common Problems and Issues on the KNB maintenance page: http://help.nceas.ucsb.edu/Metacat_a...
- 12:13 PM Bug #4904: NCEAS Projects list is missing from registry form dropdown
- Daigle fixed this (I think by adding the admindb password?), but I'm not sure if this step got added to the config no...
- 10:55 AM Revision 5352 (metacat): removed system.outs
- 10:42 AM Revision 5351 (metacat): update works. it was the test that was faulty. all working now
- 08:52 AM Bug #4842: ESA moderators should receive email notification of document revisions
- Mike Daigle added this, and it is working as expected.
- 04:49 PM Revision 5350 (metacat): amost have update working. still need to get unit test squared away.
- 11:34 AM Revision 5349 (metacat): removed old method that didn't do anything
- 11:32 AM Revision 5348 (metacat): added exception testing to the crud test
- 10:58 AM Revision 5347 (metacat): added a new target to install the dataone schemas from a loca dir if you don't want svn calls being made during installation
- 04:36 PM Revision 5346 (metacat): getSystemMetadata is now working. added unit test as well.
- 04:35 PM Revision 5345 (metacat): adding stax jar. if this is somewhere else, i'll remove it, but i'm unable to find it anywhere in dataone
- 04:18 PM Revision 5344 (metacat): getting getSystemMetadata to work
- 02:59 PM Revision 5343 (metacat): adding test for getSystemMetadata. a bit of refactoring.
- 02:57 PM Revision 5342 (metacat): adding test for getSystemMetadata. a bit of refactoring.
- 02:54 PM Revision 5341 (metacat): adding test for getSystemMetadata. a bit of refactoring.
- 01:15 PM Revision 5340 (metacat): refactored XMLSchemaService to not have static methods. made the CrudServiceTest more robust.
- 04:30 PM Revision 5339 (metacat): removed system.outs
- 04:28 PM Revision 5338 (metacat): fixed schema location bug. the dataone schemas are now correclty found
- 03:15 PM Revision 5337 (metacat): removed CrudService dependency on servlet params. CrudService is now a singleton. I'm getting an error from metacat saying it can't find teh systemmetadata schema, even though it is, in fact, registered with metacat. need to identify why this is happening.
- 05:23 PM Revision 5335 (metacat): added a test for CrudService and added tests for IdentifierManager for each method
- 03:28 PM Revision 5334 (metacat): refactoring to remove duplicate code
- 03:05 PM Revision 5333 (metacat): adding a system to track system metadata documents for dataone
- 09:14 AM Revision 5332 (metacat): Added initial implementation of getSystemMetadata and its associated REST service. Current implementation is returning a hardcoded system metadata document -- need to look up the real document for each guid and return that.
- 01:28 AM Revision 5331 (metacat): Completed main parts of CrudService.create(). Now the method writes both data and metadata objects along with their system metadata, and handles the mapping between global identifiers and local identifiers. Access control and logging still need to be dealt with to properly authenticate and then log activities.
- 12:56 AM Revision 5330 (metacat): Updating build to properly clear temporary export directory before doing svn export.
- 07:04 PM Revision 5329 (metacat): Modify CrudService to write SystemMetadata to disk with an autogenerated localId and an autogenerated GUID. Validation depends on the DataONE schemas being setup in xml_catalog properly, so still need to check upgrade scripts to be sure these new schemas are added. Still need to handle the metadata document insert, but should be same as system metadata insert.
- 07:01 PM Revision 5328 (metacat): Add support for getting the DataONE schemas from SVN and copying them into metacat's schema catalog. Still need to update the oracle scripts as well.
- 06:55 PM Revision 5327 (metacat): Added comment about MIME form processing.
- 06:54 PM Revision 5326 (metacat): Refactored schema service to call doRefresh() in constructor to eliminate code duplication.
- 06:52 PM Revision 5325 (metacat): Added note on TODO for access bug.
- 03:24 AM Bug #3835: design and implement OAI-PMH compliant harvest subsystem
- I would be curious to hear what is the status of these developments now? We are very much looking for them.
My view ...
- 04:11 PM Revision 5324 (metacat): replication of guids now works. tested this for both forced replication and update/insert/delete triggered replication
- 02:25 PM Revision 5323 (metacat): fixed bug where guid end tag wasn't getting printed
- 12:29 PM Revision 5322 (metacat): added a method in IdentifierManager to get a guid from a docid and rev. added fields in the documentinfo replication document to pass the guid. now need to handle the guid and insert it into the table if its found
- 04:54 AM Revision 5321 (metacat): Add 'metacat/lib/oaipmh' directory to the list of required jar files in the 'Set up Metacat Dependencies' section.
- 10:14 PM Revision 5320 (metacat): Refactored metacat to use dataone-service-api-0.3.0 jar file, with the new JIBX generated types and serialization. Included JIBX runtime jar in metacat to handle serialization and deserialization of SystemMetadata objects. Removed the old API jar file.
- 04:51 PM Revision 5319 (metacat): Modifications to support the DataONE service API version 0.1.0. For DataONE, the get() and
- create() services are partially complete. Several more functions and checks need to be added to
create() before it i...
Also available in: Atom