From 07/26/2012 to 08/24/2012
- 07:43 PM Bug #5698 (New): datapackage uploads to dev2 metacat are currently slow
- When using the sensor-view archiveDataturbineDataToMetacat.kar to archive data from my laptop at ucsb to dev2's metac...
- 12:06 PM Bug #5696 (Resolved): pathQuery returns eml docs which have no public access granted
- As far as I remember, non-public eml docs did not used to be returned in pathQuery result sets in earlier versions of...
- 08:24 AM Revision 7366 (metacat): include WHERE in the sql where clause - encountered by SAEON's node admin, Alex Niehaus.
- 10:41 PM Revision 7365 (metacat): use resourceMapLocation (resolve url for the ore map) as the datacite_relatedIdentifier_isPartOf property
- 10:38 PM Revision 7364 (metacat): use lowercase 'metadata' and 'data' for the resourceType
- 10:36 PM Revision 7363 (metacat): set publisher to the source system when publisher == creator (we want them to be different, even if just for appearances)
- 10:25 PM Revision 7362 (metacat): only include public (readable) DOIs in the final output
- 10:24 PM Revision 7361 (metacat): use "lastname, firstname" convention throughout
- 10:18 PM Revision 7360 (metacat): include more descriptive data file name for title of data records
- 10:04 PM Revision 7359 (metacat): include publisher given name correctly
- 09:45 PM Revision 7358 (metacat): create docid-guid mapping during replication if it does not exist. we were [incorrectly] assuming that there would be SM coming with the document info that would fill this information in, but for traditional non-MN Metacat deployments there is no SM to provide a mapping. In this case we use the docid as the guid.
- 03:03 PM Revision 7357 (metacat): include certificate export SSL options as an example (used heavily for DataONE and Metacat Replication)
- 12:42 PM Revision 7356 (metacat): stream the replication "update" response rather than building up a complete list in a stringbuffer. prompted by findings on t he CN: https://redmine.dataone.org/issues/3141
- 03:46 PM Revision 7355 (metacat): make sure data objects correctly use force replicate with action "insert"
- 11:43 AM Bug #5676 (Resolved): Metacarta Labs WMS layer is not loading
- This WMS service seems to be down, as is their entire site. I noticed this a few days ago, but thought it was tempora...
- 03:39 PM Revision 7353 (metacat): correct the update statement for setting archived flag on SM where document revision does not exist in the xml_documents table
- 02:46 PM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Looks good!
- 12:40 PM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Adding to /etc/init.d/tomcat6:
ulimit -Hn 65536
ulimit -Sn 65536
seems to have done the trick, no more 'too many open...
- 11:32 AM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Also uncommented "session required pam_limits.so" in /etc/pam.d/su
- 11:23 AM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- I made the change in /etc/security/limits.conf, from 1024 to 65k.
- 11:11 AM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Reboot away! (Only parc and esa will be affected)
- 05:52 PM Bug #5644: "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- I think the 'open file' limit is set too low. Nick, could you increase this, maybe to 'unlimited', or some large numb...
- 12:10 PM Revision 7352 (metacat): sleep before updating and deleting test documents - otherwise their index entries may not be fully written and this causes errors (update and delete first attempt to remove index references, but if they are not in the DB yet then they are not removed but then they do get added and the FK constraints make the delete fail). Since we know indexing occurs in a separate thread with a configured delay, we just use this same delay in our testing.
- 10:47 PM Revision 7350 (metacat): when updating a document on a remote server, we still need to use the previous docid to check that the user has permissions to do so (rather than the new id that is obsoleting the old id). This was discovered by M Servilla at LTER.
- 03:56 PM Bug #5647 (Closed): Lack of access rights for "previous" datafile prevent saving
- I believe this problem was the culprit for [some of] James Wilkins' problems saving datapackages to Metacat.
- 11:08 AM Revision 7348 (metacat): remove unused "dataonelogger"
- 10:40 AM Revision 7347 (metacat): prep for 2.0.3 release
- 07:35 AM Bug #5644 (Resolved): "Too man open files" error when running 3 Metacat/Geoserver webapps together
- Derik and I tried to deploy PAR, ESA and EVOS Metacat instances (and corresponding Geoserver webapps) under the same ...
- 02:27 PM Revision 7346 (metacat): allow SM resynch to be executed any time, not just during start up.
- 01:01 PM Revision 7345 (metacat): change to debug log level when processing shared/local pids)
- 10:41 AM Revision 7344 (metacat): only lock the missing pid event if we know we have it locally to contribute.
- 09:26 AM Revision 7343 (metacat): Add locking to the itemAdded() method so ideally only one CN will respond to the request for a 'wanted' pid from the cluster. The lock is on a string, not the pid, and so won't conflict with system metadata locking. The string is based on the pid, with "missing-" as a prefix.
- 08:53 AM Revision 7342 (metacat): only publish to the missing pid "wanted list" when resynching system metadata. we were seeing redundant entry added/updated events when looking up the shared systemmetadata first.
- 10:18 PM Revision 7341 (metacat): print the missing pid count, not the total shared pid count so we know how many will be processed.
- 05:50 PM Revision 7340 (metacat): change the system metadata resynch approach: nodes will publish PIDs that they are missing after inspecting the shared identifier set. other nodes will be listening for the "wanted" pids and will put their local copy of SystemMetadata on the shared SM map. This should dramatically decrease the hazelcast chatter during a resynch and targets only the pids that are missing from any of the various nodes.
- 10:40 PM Revision 7339 (metacat): logging for processing identifier set on restart.
- 07:00 PM Revision 7338 (metacat): remove possibility for infinite loop in case data replication is not configured for the server and a data file is encountered (yikes!)
- 05:33 PM Revision 7337 (metacat): added logging debug statements to see where the replication timeout might be occurring.
- 07:12 AM Revision 7336 (metacat): use correct EZID account names for the three different nodes.
- 10:12 PM Revision 7335 (metacat): align the final column headers with the datacite schema, as applicable.
- 06:34 PM Revision 7334 (metacat): add block for finding and updating records that should be marked as archived.
- 01:46 PM Revision 7333 (metacat): use DataCite isNewVersionOf/isPreviousVersionOf for revision history
- 04:27 PM Revision 7332 (metacat): include JCS jar as it is a runtime dependency for d1_libclient's object caching.
- 04:26 PM Revision 7331 (metacat): check for null archived flag in ORE SM
- 12:08 PM Revision 7330 (metacat): check if the caller is the Node admin (the member node calling itself) as well as the existing check for the CN calling the service. Both of those callers should be given full admin rights.
Also available in: Atom