tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
This is the tracking bug for last minute details for the 1.4.0 release of
metacat. Before releasing, we need to:
1) Review and revise documentation, including installation instructions
2) Check that the harvester code is properly integrated and documented
3) Create a function for re-indexing xml_nodes into xml_index
3a) make sure the new xml_index with larger path is created in each db
4) finish testing access control support for 2.0.1
5) change use_xmlindex to 'true'
6) develop a test case for inserting and reading both an EML 2.0.0 doc and an
EML 2.0.1 doc (the access control tests may satisfy this)
7) Update README with appropriate contributors list
#2 Updated by Matt Jones about 15 years ago
(3) is now complete -- indexing can be accomplished using the 'buildindex'
action by people in the 'adminsitrators' list. Still need to work on (3a) for
postgres upgrades by deleting xml_index, recreating it with the larger column,
and then repopulating it by running the 'buildindex' servlet target.
(5) is complete -- now the default is usexmlindex=true
(7) is completed
#4 Updated by Matt Jones about 15 years ago
All items complete. Version 1.4.0 of metacat is now complete, tested, and
released. It is tagged in CVS as METACAT_1_4_0. We will be updating the
website and putting the installers on the website shortly, and then will send an
email announcing the release. Closing this bug. Yeehaaa!