From 08/24/2004 to 09/22/2004
- 04:25 PM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
- All items complete. Version 1.4.0 of metacat is now complete, tested, and
released. It is tagged in CVS as METACAT_...
- 01:50 PM Revision 2324 (metacat): One last clarification to the install instructions regarding the sql scripts.
- 01:35 PM Revision 2323 (metacat): Modified build dist and distsrc targets to be sure the ant tokens are
- filtered correctly in the documentation, otherwise the CSS styles do not
show up properly.
- 01:02 PM Revision 2322 (metacat): Modified the build to be smarter about making sure that the EML schemas
- and styles are in place (so manually running 'geteml' should no longer
be needed), and renamed the 'loaddtdschemas' t...
- 11:39 PM Revision 2321 (metacat): Fixed some typos in the README, and rearranged a little.
- 11:26 PM Revision 2320 (metacat): Moved deletion of stylsheets from clean to fullclean target so that the
- styles will be guaranteed to be in place in the released version even after
a clean build.
- 11:13 PM Revision 2319 (metacat): Added classpath to javadoc call so that we avoid javadoc errors that
- complain about not being able to find the servlet classes.
- 11:06 PM Revision 2318 (metacat): Added dependency check for eml so that the schemas and dtds are not
- checked out of CVS if they already exist in the lib directory. This is
based on checking for the key schema or dtd f...
- 10:49 PM Revision 2317 (metacat): Added dependency check to see if the httpclient.jar and utilities.jar are
- already present in lib. If they are, building utilities is skipped. This
allows us to ship a distribution with just...
- 08:18 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
- 03:46 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
Closing as testing with postgres has been completed and harvester works with
both postgres and oracle.
- 04:11 PM Bug #1542: SQL Server support broken
Moving the target to version 1.5
- 03:49 PM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
- (1) is done for now -- its been reviewed and is reasonable accurate, but not
perfect. Needs another pass.
(2) is don...
- 03:42 AM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
- (3) is now complete -- indexing can be accomplished using the 'buildindex'
action by people in the 'adminsitrators' l...
- 03:45 PM Bug #305: create an ofa compliant oracle instance
- Moving to 1.5 because I don't want to make such a significant change immediately
before the KNB workshop demos.
- 03:38 PM Revision 2316 (metacat): Added sample eml 2.0.1 document for use in the tests.
- 03:36 PM Revision 2315 (metacat): Modified buildIndex() to now include an '@' sign in the path for ATTRIBUTE
- nodes. Removed a bunch of debugging information. Fixed the BuildIndexTest
so that it would work on any machine (rem...
- 01:17 PM Revision 2314 (metacat): Added code that changes the node column size
- 09:39 AM Bug #1297: Registry: Changes in the Basic Information
So, should we add middle name to the registry form?
- 03:55 AM Bug #1297: Registry: Changes in the Basic Information
- Given name should b repeated to accomodate multiple given names (a middle name
is simply a second given name).
- 09:38 AM Bug #1390: add UCNRS to the ldapweb.cgi management lists
This bug is fixed and done.
- 03:51 AM Bug #1390: add UCNRS to the ldapweb.cgi management lists
- I think this is now complete, and will be released with 1.4.0. Sid, can you
verify this and close the bug if true? ...
- 09:33 AM Bug #273: site deployment for metacat
- Metacat has been deployed at the LTER Network Office (LNO). To the best of my
knowledge, it has not been deployed at...
- 04:01 AM Bug #273: site deployment for metacat
- Duane -- this is overlapping with the previous bug -- can you close with a
resolution or update the status on this, o...
- 09:14 AM Bug #325: create site filters to convert site metadata to eml packages
- A number of metadata conversion applications were implemented by David
Blankman, with the help of two graduate stude...
- 03:53 AM Bug #325: create site filters to convert site metadata to eml packages
- Duane -- could you deal with this by either closing it if it is eing tracked
elsewhere or updating it with a plan. Th...
- 04:10 AM Bug #468: TLS between ldap server and metacat
- We need to implement TLS as soon as possible, as its a real problem we're
passing so many passwords around in clearte...
- 04:08 AM Bug #433: browse interface to metacat
- I began this work, and now have some XSLT stylesheets that allow you to browse
via keyword, organizaiton, and creator...
- 04:05 AM Bug #151: need doctype equivalence specification
- This is being addressed within the context of SEEK SMS and will not be addressed
directly in Metacat. Marking WONTFIX.
- 04:04 AM Bug #1310: Old ACLs are overwritten by registry
- Need to fix this for the next release (1.5).
- 03:59 AM Bug #1372: Registry: Reconfigure entryForm.tmpl
- Andrea is working on a new layout for this whole page, and removing all of the
hardcoded styles so that it fits into ...
- 03:58 AM Bug #1344: Cancel button on delete screen leads to a blank screen
- The cancel button on delete still leads to blank, but also after successful
delete the screen is blank. Retargeting ...
- 03:49 AM Bug #101: generate data set usage metadata/ provide access log
- The query/report functionality (1) is now complete. Use the 'getlog' servlet
action to get an XML report of the even...
- 03:38 AM Revision 2313 (metacat): New README in preparation for the 1.4.0 release, and updated the properties
- file with the new version number.
- 03:13 AM Revision 2312 (metacat): Added in servlet action 'buildindex' for building the XML_index table entries
- for either a set of documents (if one or more docid params are provided) or
for the whole set of documents in the xml...
- 03:01 AM Revision 2311 (metacat): Created a list of all of the servlet actions in the documentation and listed
- all reuired and optional parameters for each action. These need to be
documented but at least the list is all in one...
- 02:01 AM Revision 2310 (metacat): Added new sections to the Metacat documentation describing the Metacat
- client API and the Metacat 'getlog' servlet action for event reporting.
- 12:31 AM Revision 2309 (metacat): Updated metacat documentation with additional properties and fixed the
- description of several properties. We really need to clean out unused
properties and generally clean up the configur...
- 10:46 PM Revision 2308 (metacat): Added a property listing servlet administrators.
- 04:25 PM Revision 2307 (metacat): Changed DBSAXHandler.run() to now use the new DocumentImpl.buildIndex() method
- for populating the xml_index table. The new method uses a jdbc ResultSet
for populating the index rather than doing ...
- 03:10 PM Revision 2306 (metacat): Updated the build index test.
- 02:30 PM Revision 2305 (metacat): Compose the Metacat URL from the httpserver and the servletpath properties, replacing hard-coded references to servlet.
- 02:28 PM Revision 2304 (metacat): Send redirect to HarvesterRegistration, instead of using the full class name which works on Tomcat-only installations but not with Apache.
- 10:44 AM Bug #1047: Create triggers on LTER tables for ldap insert
- David completed these triggers in January, 2004.
This issue is local to the LTER Network Office. It involves updatin...
- 10:37 AM Bug #1046: LTER LDAP database coordination perl script changes
- Closing bug for reasons explained above. Previous attempt to close didn't work.
- 10:33 AM Bug #1046: LTER LDAP database coordination perl script changes
- Closing this bug. The ldapUpdate.pl Perl script was completed in January,
2004. It runs as a cron job, once every fi...
- 09:49 AM Revision 2303 (metacat): Change the date format to one that is standard on both Oracle and Postgres.
- 04:56 PM Bug #1142: Key issues between java 1.3 and java 1.4
Closing this bug as Duane entered the requirements into metacatinstall.html
- 03:00 PM Revision 2302 (metacat): Revisions to Metacat Installation Instructions page. Most of the edits in this revision involve the build.properties file. A new HTML table was created to describe the properties and their values.
- 11:10 AM Bug #188: provide a metacat client library with a standard API
Closing the bug. New bugs added covering tasks which were not done yet.
- 11:09 AM Bug #1693 (Closed): Metacat client library: Static Cookies
- The HttpMessage code uses static cookies. This is bad and should be changed.
(From bug# 188)
- 11:08 AM Bug #1692 (Resolved): Metacat client library: handle binary data and return strings for simpler interface
- Most of the APIs return Readers. In some cases we may also want InputStream
in order to deal with binary data (incl...
- 11:01 AM Bug #1691 (Closed): Metacat client library: use direct method calles for efficiency
- The current client uses HTTP. There may be clients that exist on the same
server for which we would want to use som...
- 08:48 AM Revision 2301 (metacat): Whitespace changes that fix a few formatting problems after Jing's commit.
- 08:42 AM Revision 2300 (metacat): Replace relative path to harvester registration login servlet with context path generated through ant build
- 08:39 AM Revision 2299 (metacat): Add properties and filters for harvester registration servlets
- 05:04 PM Revision 2298 (metacat): Add new feature that delete can be broadcasted by force replication.
- 04:40 PM Revision 2297 (metacat): The new buildIndex() function now can write allof the appropriate index paths to the database for any given document. Next need to create a function to rebuild on demand, and modify DBSAXHandler.run() to use the new buildIndex() function.
- 04:16 PM Revision 2296 (metacat): corrected wrong variable names in build file.
- 04:05 PM Revision 2295 (metacat): Added harvester servlets to the web.xml files.
- 01:32 PM Revision 2294 (metacat): Added test class for buildIndex() routine. Not completed yet.
- 12:08 PM Revision 2293 (metacat): Added changes to buildIndex() function. Now it is finding the right set of
- paths, just have to save these in a hash and then add them to the DB xml_index
- 11:15 AM Revision 2292 (metacat): changed function parameters in accordance with changes in PermissionController
- 11:13 AM Revision 2291 (metacat): Modified inline data permission handling, so that access rules for old version of inline data can be checked correctly.
- 11:09 AM Revision 2290 (metacat): Added a function which returns inline data id with out the revision number.
- 11:04 AM Revision 2289 (metacat): Changed error text that is returned when an invalid eml is inserted.
- 11:01 AM Revision 2288 (metacat): Added another test to check if access is checked when an old version of inline data is read using action=readinlinedata
- 09:15 AM Revision 2287 (metacat): Changed the ESA nad LTSS skins to display all data from the KNB at the request of
- OJ Reichman.
- 08:25 PM Revision 2286 (metacat): Add a code to load eml201 parser to fix the bug that couldn't generate access rule for eml201 doc.
- 08:24 PM Revision 2285 (metacat): Add a note that you should put full name as state name to generate a key. Otherwise, the trustkey will be not recongized.
- 04:25 PM Revision 2284 (metacat): Fixed some more bugs.
- 04:09 PM Revision 2283 (metacat): Added sql for counting packages.
- 02:47 PM Revision 2282 (metacat): fixed error in input param
- 02:17 PM Revision 2281 (metacat): Added code to send showWgList, showSiteList, showOrganization, lsite and usite for one tmpl to other.
- 02:00 PM Revision 2280 (metacat): Fixed a bug in creation of EML documents when coordinates from the site_list have to be used.
- 01:02 PM Revision 2279 (metacat): Added lines for updating xml_catalog in the upgrade script to point to the
- new schema locations.
- 11:02 AM Revision 2278 (metacat): Fixed error in handling of multiple additional metadata tags...
- 08:57 AM Revision 2277 (metacat): Updated build.xml to use new sql scripts.
- 08:56 AM Revision 2276 (metacat): New schema changes, including upgrade scripts. Includes renamed postgres
- 03:58 PM Bug #1658: tracking bug for 1.4.0 release
4) and 6) done.
Checked that 5) is done.
Working on 2.
- 03:57 PM Revision 2275 (metacat): Test added to insert eml 2.0.0 document and update it with eml 2.0.1 document.
- 03:39 PM Revision 2274 (metacat): Updates to the config for the esa skin, and added an LTSS skin.
- 03:24 PM Revision 2273 (metacat): removed errors being generated in handling of qformat when action=insert. If qformat is not specified, xml is assumed as default.
- 03:20 PM Bug #1295: Registry: Button texts are ambiguous and need to be changed.
Changing 'Submit Entry' to 'Submit Dataset'
Leaving Reset as it.
- 03:20 PM Revision 2272 (metacat): Changing 'Submit Entry' to 'Submit Dataset'
- 03:14 PM Bug #1671: editing registry entry deletes keywords
The bug came into picture, when no keyword type is suggested for a particular
keyword. This resulted in igno...
- 03:14 PM Revision 2271 (metacat): Fixed a bug in handling of associated parties.
- 02:56 PM Revision 2270 (metacat): Fixed the bug described in 1671. The bug came into picture, when no keyword type is suggested for a particular keyword. This resulted in ignoring of that row of data.
- 04:34 PM Bug #1142: Key issues between java 1.3 and java 1.4
- Lets reword that to say that j2sdk 1.4.2 or later is required. I think the
install instructions is the right place. ...
- 04:29 PM Bug #1142: Key issues between java 1.3 and java 1.4
For running metacat, now Java version 1.4 would be required. Hence this problem
should not occur.
But couldnt fin...
- 02:22 PM Bug #1680: New functions in Metacat Client API
Renaming as enhancement
- 02:14 PM Bug #1680: New functions in Metacat Client API
Added following functions to the MetacatClient
-> upload() - with file name
- 02:13 PM Bug #1680 (Resolved): New functions in Metacat Client API
- .. for read inline data and uploading data needed.
- 02:21 PM Bug #1682: Error in handling of docid formats
- 02:21 PM Bug #1682 (Resolved): Error in handling of docid formats
- Errors generated when insert, update and delete actions tried with docid
formats such as a.c.t.t.c.a.1.1
- 02:15 PM Bug #1681: Access not checked while file uploading
- 02:14 PM Bug #1681 (Resolved): Access not checked while file uploading
- When user with id X uploads data as act.1.1, another user with id Y can upload
act.1.2 without requiring access for...
- 02:10 PM Bug #1679: Random string entry in action=insert leads to hanging of code
- 02:10 PM Bug #1679 (Resolved): Random string entry in action=insert leads to hanging of code
- Input of following type, hangs metacat code
- 04:42 PM Revision 2269 (metacat): Beginning new method for building the xml_index table. This uses the
- JDBC resultset directly rather than DBSaxNode, and recurses through the
records of the table. The new function 'buil...
- 03:12 PM Bug #1674 (Resolved): Access control for eml-2.1.0 documents
- This bug is continuing from bug# 968 and is dependent on bug # 1132
Access control to handle eml version 2.0.1 has...
- 02:57 PM Bug #968: Access control for eml2 documents
I am closing this bug as access control for eml version 2.0.1 is implemented
now. A new bug will be opened for eml ...
- 02:42 PM Bug #968: Access control for eml2 documents
Changing target_milestone to 1.5 as this bug covers eml-2.1.0 also.
- 03:51 PM Revision 2268 (metacat): removed a bug which was pointed out by Bing and fixed by Jing.
- 03:48 PM Revision 2267 (metacat): Removed some unused code
- 03:58 PM Bug #1671 (Resolved): editing registry entry deletes keywords
- When a registry entry has keywords and the entry is edited through the web site,
the keywords are not propogated to ...
- 02:43 PM Revision 2265 (metacat): Added a new method to check upload function when a data stream is passed.
- 02:38 PM Revision 2264 (metacat): Added new upload function which takes InputStream as input.
- 05:49 PM Revision 2263 (metacat): Adding InlineDataAccessTest.java which has tests regarding inline data access. Also updated AccessControlTest.java
- 02:43 PM Revision 2262 (metacat): fixed some bugs in document update
- 05:52 PM Revision 2261 (metacat): Added method to metacat client for reading inline data - readInlineData()
- 03:47 PM Revision 2260 (metacat): Made changes in AccessControl and Online Data Access tests.
- 03:45 PM Revision 2259 (metacat): Fixed a bug in upload function. For online data updates, access was not checked.
- 03:25 AM Revision 2258 (metacat): Modifications to the registry to support the new ESA skin. Factored out some of
- the configuration-specific code into properties that are set in the various
cfg files in the skins. New properties i...
- 05:30 PM Revision 2256 (metacat): Adding new file with tests regarding access controls related to online data... the tests which are failing are commented out for the time being .. once the bugs are fixed in metacat, they will removed.
- 02:56 PM Revision 2255 (metacat): Add additional comments to the test cases.
- 01:45 PM Revision 2254 (metacat): Remove obsolete comment.
- Fix broken URL in HarvestSiteScheduleTest.java
- 03:35 PM Revision 2253 (metacat): Fixed handling of various docid formats.
- 12:34 PM Revision 2252 (metacat): Code added to handle errors resulting from following urls:
- http://metacat.nceas.ucsb.edu/knb/metacat?action2 - no action specified
- 11:14 AM Revision 2251 (metacat): Added check for null condition so that proper error text is returned to user.
Also available in: Atom