Open Actor on non-composite actors no longer works
Drag a Display to canvas, right-click Open Actor and you'll get an Error popup:
Cannot find a tableau or the source code for .Unnamed1.Display.
#2 Updated by Christopher Brooks almost 11 years ago
[Sorry, committed before being done].
I can't reproduce this. I'm running the Kepler devel tree
from the ptII head.
1. ant update; ant clean; ant run
2. Go to the left hand actor library pane, type Display into
the search window
3. Find the Display actor under
4. Drag the Display into the canvas
5. Control-Click (I'm on the Mac)
Select "Open Actor"
The source appears.
The source also appears if I do Command-L.
Vergil running under Ptolemy also works fine.
So, there must be something else up?
The error message "Cannot find a tableau or the source code"
comes from ptolemy.actor.gui.Configuration
#3 Updated by Derik Barseghian almost 11 years ago
Thanks, it works for me on trunk too, I should've tried that and also specified: this is currently a problem for me on the 2.0 branch. I just tried a clean-cache and rm -rf ~/KeplerData and restarting, but I still get the error on the branch.
#5 Updated by Chad Berkley almost 11 years ago
Oh, I should also note that I updated the context menu configuration last week to match up with some new ptolemy menu configurations. Make sure your copy of uiContextMenuMappings is up to date. Mine is at r23237 (which was actually last checked in by derik).
#9 Updated by Christopher Brooks almost 11 years ago
I can reproduce this under Kepler trunk with Eclipse.
The workaround is to add ptolemy/src to the classpath.
How I did this is when I set up the Java Application:
Create a new Java Application Run Configuration by going to
Run/Run Configurations. In the main tab enter the project
"kepler" and Main class: "org.kepler.Kepler"
I then when to the classpath tab, clicked on the
kepler (default classpath)
leaf, clicked the "Advanced" button.
In the "Advanced Options" window, I selected "Add Folders"
and browsed to ptolemy/src.
So, I guess the Eclipse configuration needs to be updated
to include the source for each module in the classpath.
#12 Updated by Christopher Brooks almost 11 years ago
ant change-to -Dbranch=https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/branches/releases/release-branches/ -Dsuite=kepler-2.0
As per Chad's email.
I then added ptolemy-8.0/src to the classpath as per my previous comment.
The kepler-2.0/.classpath file has
<classpathentry combineaccessrules="false" kind="src" path="/ptolemy-8.0"/>
which should probably be
<classpathentry combineaccessrules="false" kind="src" path="/ptolemy-8.0/src"/>