Tracking bug for 2.0 installer issues.
#1 Updated by Chad Berkley over 11 years ago
1) "Please read the following information" screen
"Kepler is based on Ptolemy II version 7.0.2"
"Kepler is based on Ptolemy II 8.0"
Should the links to http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu be live?
2) Should there be an "Accept License" screen?
The licensing issue is complex, a complete
3) Spaces in installation directory cause problems:
Using /Applications/Kepler 2.0.0 1 results in
Usage: hdiutil attach [options] <image>
hdiutil attach -help
hdiutil: attach: extra image argument "2.0.0" -"/Applications/Kepler"
The file /Volumes/R-2.9.0/R.mpkg does not exist
Then, starting Kepler.app fails, the Console says:
3/23/10 9:27:37 AM [0x0-0x3be3be].Kepler56630 [null] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 2/0/0
4) If you want the installer to optionally start Kepler, see
in the rel_8_0_beta_2 branch. The key bits are that I set some conditions
and then use a ProcessPanel, which is configured with ProcessPanel.Spec.xml
5) ptolemy/kernel/attributes/VersionAttribute.java is missing
6) The version of Ptolemy that is shipped appears to be from the devel tree, not the
beta branch. For example, ptolemy/apps should not exist, yet it does.
7) On both vista and 7, kepler couldn't be installed in Program Files folder. I had to choose the home directory as the installation location. Morpho installer had this same issue and was fixed. Here is the bug:
8) Kepler icons on both Desktop and Program Menu just show a blank page. This happened on all windows. But I didn't test on mac and linux.
9) IE automatically changes the win jar file to a zip file during the downloading. So I couldn't just do a double-click the zip file to launch the installer on windows. Is it possible to create an exe installer?
10) Is there any special reason why we need two separate files for 32-bit and 64-bit machines on windows? I know Morpho can just have one jar file (or exe file) for the both machines.
11) The Windows installer does not direct you to download Java 1.5 if you don't already have it. I started out with 1.4.2 only, and the installer didn't even work. Then I purposely downloaded Java 1.6, and it never prompted me to get Java 1.5. I am not sure if this is intended behavior or not. I have simply deleted all references to it directing you to download 1.5 and am assuming they will do this manually if desired.
12) Install in Kepler-2.0 directory instead of 2.0.0
13) Kepler creates dirs in KeplerData/modules/ with -2.0 and without. This doesn't seem to cause any problems, but core and loader store files in their sans-2.0 dirs, while the others use the 2.0 dirs.
14) File => Open File opens into the Kepler application dir. It'd be nice if it opened into KeplerData/Kepler-2.0-Demos/
#4 Updated by Christopher Brooks over 11 years ago
#15) The Welcome screen has
Kepler 1.x Developer
A collaborative environment for creating and executing scientific workflows Version 1.x Developer, based on the Kepler Subversion Development Tree
which should be updated to Kepler 2.0.beta or whatever the exact syntax is.
#16) The links to demos, such as "Hello World" are broken.
To get to this page, I did: Help -> Kepler Documentation
#17) ptolemy/configs/kepler/copyright.htm should be updated to 2010
To get to this, do Help -> Kepler Documentation and then follow the
#18) The welcome page has
"Note that the demos are not included in the default developers build. To download the demos, run:
ant get -Dmodule=outreach"
Should this be removed?