From 05/22/2001 to 06/20/2001
- 04:19 PM Revision 781 (metacat): EPS file for the IC paper
- 11:29 AM Bug #240 (Resolved): data file upload does not allow the client to specify an id
- The current file upload utility in metacat needs to be altered so that a client
can specify the id of the file being...
- 04:56 PM Bug #235: ssl support for metacat (https)
- 2. Download JSSE and install JSSE jars by coping jart.jar, jnet.jar, jsse.jar to
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext and to $TOMC...
- 04:26 PM Bug #235: ssl support for metacat (https)
- These are the things that should be done on the server for Metacat to
communicate through HTTPS:
1. in $TOMCAT_HOME/...
- 12:10 PM Bug #238 (Resolved): query performance
- Metacat has horrible query performance, and we need to fix it. It can take as
much as 8 or 9 seconds to search a fe...
- 01:38 AM Bug #185: replication security hole
- Owen -- don't know if you noticed -- I reassigned this important security bug to
you. Think you'll be able to take a...
- 02:56 PM Revision 780 (metacat): fixed error with exception handling in metacat servlet and added new dtds to the sql script
- 11:10 AM Bug #234: metacat accession number handling
- 10:15 AM Revision 779 (metacat): changes according to bug# 234 - metacat accession # handling, done
- 12:10 PM Revision 778 (metacat): changed all mentions of DBAdapter to the new name AbstractDatabase
- 12:02 PM Revision 777 (metacat): changed all mentions of DBAdapter to the new name AbstractDatabase
- 11:44 AM Revision 776 (metacat): changed dbAdapter property to edu...OracleAdapter
- 11:42 AM Revision 775 (metacat): rename the DB* classes to:
- 01:50 PM Revision 774 (metacat): use the non-null function name from db adapter
- 01:49 PM Revision 773 (metacat): included new function that returns db specific non-null function name
- 10:24 AM Bug #187: test metacat on Windows NT/2000
- need to keep open for SQL Server
- 10:21 AM Bug #187: test metacat on Windows NT/2000
- Metacat (Oracle version) tested on Windows 2000 with Tomcat on Windows 2000.
All features work. File paths reference...
- 04:12 PM Bug #185: replication security hole
- This bug arises because the client metacat provides the hostname in the
parameter data during replication, and the se...
- 03:40 PM Bug #235 (Resolved): ssl support for metacat (https)
- Need support for clients to connect to metacat using ssl. Need to determine a
reasonable way of generating and assi...
- 02:42 PM Bug #186: add web metadata entry form for Metacat
- Reassigned to cjones who is working on a web form that uses the new Metacat.pm
perl module to communicate with metaca...
- 12:24 PM Revision 772 (metacat): cleared the COLLATION specifiers on column definitions:
- it is new in SQL Server 2000 and not supported in its earlier versions
- 10:27 AM Bug #234 (Resolved): metacat accession number handling
- Metacat currently generates an accession number if one is not provided by the
client on insert. We decided last Mar...
- 02:07 PM Revision 771 (metacat): excluded revisionid from the insert statement for xml_revisions.
- It is identity column for SQL Server or filled by sequence for db as Oracle or Postgres
- 01:47 PM Revision 770 (metacat): changed like with =
- 04:14 PM Revision 769 (metacat): changed ... WHERE ... LIKE ? ...
- to ... WHERE ... = ? ...
- 04:12 PM Revision 768 (metacat): MS SQL Server stores trailing spaces in varchar fields which shouldn't be
- thus added docid.trim() in the Java code
- 01:26 PM Revision 766 (metacat): the ODBC multi-threading problem:
- in DBQuery we open ResultSet in the db connection and we are trying to
open another Resultset by AccessControlList wh...
- 12:51 PM Revision 765 (metacat): changed
- SELECT ... WHERE LIKE ? ...
SELECT ... WHERE = ? ...
It should be changed everywhere it is found
- 12:14 PM Revision 764 (metacat): seems that there are problem in JDBC-ODBC bridge used with SQL Server
- when using sql statements like:
WHERE LIKE ? ...
WHERE = ? ...
and now it works
- 12:12 PM Revision 763 (metacat): commented out the use of oracle.jdbc.driver
- this was harcoded use for batching the sql calls at once in order to speed up the insert of XML Index
- 12:08 PM Revision 762 (metacat): added
- INSERT INTO xml_replication (serverid, server, replicate) VALUES ('1', 'localhost', '0');
which was missing
- 05:26 PM Revision 759 (metacat): several changes were needed related to the change of the unique id generation and use
- 05:24 PM Revision 758 (metacat): Changed the order of generating and getting Unique ID for
- xml_nodes.nodeid and for uniqueid part of the accession#
because of SQl Server capabilities:
first let the db to gene...
- 05:18 PM Revision 757 (metacat): - new db adapter for MS SQL Server
- - changed the getUniqueID(conn, tableName) to return the last generated by the db unique ID
instead of generating uni...
- 05:17 PM Revision 756 (metacat): Updated pathquery.dtd to reflect new addition of filterdoctype element.
- 12:54 PM Bug #183: Port metacat to PostgresSQL and other databases
- I noticed that new classes that implement this functionality were checked in (by
Jivka). I have some file naming sug...
- 11:09 AM Revision 755 (metacat): - made xmltables-sqlserver.sql from SQL Server running here on rincon machine
- - included db index on xml_nodes.nodename which was missing
- 11:21 AM Revision 754 (metacat): change the call from getDateFunction() to getDateTimeFunction()
- 11:07 AM Revision 753 (metacat): changed the getDate method to getDateTime and changed the return
- string in the postgresql implementation to "now()" from now()::date
- 10:21 AM Revision 752 (metacat): change the call from getDateString() to getDateFunction()
- 10:20 AM Revision 751 (metacat): change the method name getDateString() to getDateFunction()
- return "now()::date" in the DBPostgresql implementation of that method
- 09:01 AM Revision 750 (metacat): The Postgres implementation of the dbadapter package, still needs testing and
- the getDate... method just returns the db function to return the date; to retreive the
current time is a second funct...
- 03:28 PM Revision 749 (metacat): changed the db sequence name used for the accession# uniqueid
- to xml_documents_id_seq.
All db sequences now are named of form <table_name>_id_seq
- 03:26 PM Revision 748 (metacat): added new property for the dbadapter class as:
the installation procedure should change it to the appropriate class
- 03:19 PM Revision 747 (metacat): - changed to use the DBAdapter uniform interface for all apperance of "sysdate"
- and uniqueid generation from sequence
- reads from metacat.properties the dbadapter class implemented th...
- 03:06 PM Revision 746 (metacat): the abstract DBAdapter class and its Oracle implementation
- for the new dbadapter package
- 03:24 PM Revision 745 (metacat): Fixed bug in metacat where return doctypes were not being properly
- back traced. Changed DBQuery.findDocuments() so that it no longer
takes a returndoc array, but instead retrieves the...
Also available in: Atom