From 02/28/2002 to 03/29/2002
- 07:57 PM Bug #404: Create "CNAMEs" for LTER metcat and ldap
- Check your name server setting - Space has not been updating DNS properly. It's
on the list.
- 06:35 PM Revision 979 (metacat): Change every "http://@server@ to "@systemidserver@". It will look like:
- INSERT INTO xml_catalog (entry_type, public_id, system_id)
VALUES ('DTD', '-//ecoinformatics.org//eml-software-@eml...
- 06:34 PM Revision 978 (metacat): Change every "http://@server@" in target to "@systemidserver@". It will look
- like that:
- 06:34 PM Revision 977 (metacat): Add a property named systemidserver, its value="http://host.domainname:8080"
- Add a token named systemidserver too.
- 04:50 PM Bug #449: Enable ssl for metacat and morpho
- In my local machine, I cancel the changes in tomcat.sh and got an copy the
file tomcat from /etc/rc.d/init.d in dev....
- 01:44 PM Bug #449: Enable ssl for metacat and morpho
- Great. A note about TOMCAT_OPTS. We should not be editing the tomcat.sh file.
It is not needed. I was able to do ...
- 01:38 PM Bug #449: Enable ssl for metacat and morpho
- Here is how we configured Tomcat standalone as both web server and servlet
1. Download and install JSSE
- 01:15 PM Bug #404: Create "CNAMEs" for LTER metcat and ldap
- I tried pinging metacat.lternet.edu, knb-ldap.lternet.edu and ldap.lternet.edu and got the
- 10:34 AM Bug #449: Enable ssl for metacat and morpho
- Just now I read a web site:
It is said, if Tom...
- 01:27 PM Bug #449 (Resolved): Enable ssl for metacat and morpho
- Now communication between Metacat and Morpho uses plain text. In order to
increase security, we want to enable SSL.
- 02:27 PM Bug #445: getprincipals action not working
- This bug was fixed and now we can get "all users and groups in the
current authentication schema" when a getprincipal...
- 02:24 PM Revision 976 (metacat): Method getGourps was revised. Attributes variables were set there. Other wise, when it caught a referral exception and started a thread, this will caused a exception problem. When string array groups were returned by method getGroups in getPrincipals method, we should check if the groups is null or not. Otherwise it will cause a exception problem. This revise is for bug 445.
- 07:23 PM Bug #238: query performance
- Added myself back as QA contact. It should not have been removed in the first
- 05:31 PM Bug #238: query performance
- If user want put '%' in the search value like this way:
SELECT docid,docname,doctype,date_created, date_updated, rev ...
- 04:27 PM Bug #445 (Resolved): getprincipals action not working
- The getprincipals action, which is supposed to "Get all users and groups in the
current authentication schema" is ap...
- 05:02 PM Revision 975 (metacat): In hasPermission method, a situation was considered: if no user and group, the permssion will be true. This is for the command line invocation.
- 05:12 PM Bug #444: Create a JUnit test framework for MetaCat
- In Metacat, build.xml file was revised. It now has a target named test. Now
user can type "ant test", then will buil...
- 05:10 PM Revision 974 (metacat): This is sample JUnit test file for MetacatURL class. In this file, getProtocol, toString and getParam methods are tested.
- 04:58 PM Revision 973 (metacat): This script file can run serials queries and print out the running time.
- 04:56 PM Revision 972 (metacat): In order to test query performance. We need add lots of documents to database. This script file can add couple documents to database by for loop.
- 04:40 PM Revision 971 (metacat): Add a target - test in the file. Now user can type "ant test" to run the test class extends from JUnit.
- 09:56 AM Bug #444 (Resolved): Create a JUnit test framework for MetaCat
- JUint is powerful test tool and we need apply it to MetaCat. The first step is
to create a framework for it. The ta...
- 02:41 PM Revision 968 (metacat): Method endElement in AccessControList was revised. A feature that put access document itset into xml_access was added.
- 02:40 PM Bug #442: There is no entry in xml_access table for access document itself
- Method named endElement in AccessControlList class was revised and the code
for putting access document itself into ...
- 02:50 PM Bug #442 (Resolved): There is no entry in xml_access table for access document itself
- When we create a data package in Morpho and save it into metacat. But there is
no permission in xml_access table fo...
- 02:14 PM Revision 966 (metacat): In hasPermission method, a rule for access document is implements. If user want to write a access document, it should hhave "all" permission.
- The permission for access document now is looking up in xml_access table directly, rather get same permission to data...
- 02:14 PM Bug #436: Bug of MetaCat in handling permission issue
- morpho jar file now is in the lib. Maybe will replace by source code lately.
- 02:12 PM Bug #437: Document Access Control Rules
- hasPermission method was revised. If there is no record in xml_access table
for a document. We will check if the use...
- 06:30 PM Bug #441: Unable to increment data id revision numbers
- In order to increase revision of data file docid, method registerDocument was
revised. Now it not only insert a new ...
- 06:30 PM Revision 965 (metacat): In order to increase data file docid, method registerDocument was revised. Now it not only insert a new data file record to xml_documents table, but also can update the data file documents. Moreover, it can archieve the old version to xml_revisions table. Two other private methods were added to handl these futures: deleteXMLDocuments and getLatestRevisionNumber.
- 04:17 PM Revision 963 (metacat): fixed my tagging error
- 03:58 PM Revision 962 (metacat): some small changes I had to make to get the QAENGINE demo to work right. this should be committing in a branch
- 11:25 AM Bug #404: Create "CNAMEs" for LTER metcat and ldap
- I've created the ip name knb.lternet.edu and have created the following CNAMES
to it for now:
knb-ldap IN ...
- 09:00 AM Revision 961 (metacat): We decided that the permission for a user to an access documents is as same as to the data set document(which contains the access document). In order to do this, we need to look-up xml-relation table. If we could find the data set document id, just check the id. If we couldn't find one, we need check if the user is owner. If it is, has permission. Otherwise, doesn't have.
- 03:28 PM Bug #441 (Resolved): Unable to increment data id revision numbers
- In an attempt to let the Morpho user update a data file (NOT a metadata doc), it
was discovered that Metacat returns...
- 02:49 PM Bug #417: Is sequential numbering of versions needed?
- A method named getLastRevisionNumber was added to AccessionNumber class. And
condition for checking accession number...
- 01:14 PM Revision 959 (metacat): Add a new method getDataSetId to the class. The permission policy for access documents is: the user will have the same permission as data set file. (There is no entry in xml_access table for access document.
- 01:11 PM Revision 958 (metacat): Add a throwing exception in hasPermission and hasReadPermission methods.
- 01:09 PM Revision 957 (metacat): Add a throwing exception in haspermission method.
- 11:38 AM Revision 956 (metacat): A constructor for this class was added. In the new constructor, user can specify the revision number he want to update. In method writeDocumentToDB, when a update action happend, the rev number would not automatictlly to add one, but it can go to specified number. This is for bug 417.
- 11:33 AM Revision 955 (metacat): A constructor was added to this class. In this constructor, user can specify the revision number he want to update. And the number can be passed into a DocumentImpl object constructor in startElement method. But the number should be greater than current number in database.
- 11:28 AM Revision 954 (metacat): A method named getLastRevisionNumber was added. And condition for checking accession number was revised too. Now metacat wouldn't refuse a revsion number which is 2 or more greater than current revision number in the database. This is for bug 417.
- 09:19 AM Revision 953 (metacat): Access document was added to exported data package too.
- 09:15 AM Bug #411: package export feature
- Access document was able to be added to exported data package.
- 08:48 PM Bug #411: package export feature
- The permission issue was figure out too. In AccessControlList class, user,
public and group will be put into a user ...
- 09:01 PM Bug #436: Bug of MetaCat in handling permission issue
- In AccessControlList class, user, public and group will be put into a user
package. The permission for each element ...
- 08:34 PM Revision 952 (metacat): The method - hasAllowRule was revised. If a action -read or update was approved, all ticket count of allow rule entries for this action will minus one if the entries have ticket count number (not null).
- 06:07 PM Revision 951 (metacat): The two hasPermission methods were rewritten. Some logic bugs were fixed. Now user, public and group will not be checked speratedly, but they will be check together as string array. In order to do this, private methods isAccessDocument, containDocumentOwner, isAllowFirst, hasAllowRule, hasExplicitDenyRule, hasImplicitDenyRule, and createUsersPackage were added.
Also available in: Atom