From 04/01/2004 to 04/30/2004
- 08:36 PM Revision 2153 (metacat): Fixed a bug in an earlier commit
- 08:27 PM Bug #1309: Registry: Changes in Spatial Coverage
- 08:27 PM Revision 2152 (metacat): Fixed bug# 1309. Also put a regex check on ending year and beginning year.
- 07:31 PM Bug #1365: Doesnt complain if method title is not provided
- Fixed. If only one para was entered, the following code was failiing
if ((hasContent($FORM::methodTitle)) || scalar(@...
- 07:28 PM Revision 2151 (metacat): Made changes to fix bug # 1365.
- 07:11 PM Bug #1303: Entering of spatial coverage and temporal coverage as optional for NCEAS
- Following variables can now be specified from the cfg file to control
behaviour of the skin: hasKeyword, hasMethod...
- 07:09 PM Bug #1367: Temporal and Spatial Coverage not required for NCEAS
- temporalRequired and spatialRequired can now be specified from cfg file to
control whether temporal and spatial are ...
- 07:08 PM Revision 2150 (metacat): Made changes to fix bug# 1303 and 1367.(Both are related)
- Following variables can now be specifieD from the cfg file to control behaviour of the skin: hasKeyword, hasMethod, h...
- 07:06 PM Revision 2149 (metacat): Made changes to fix bug# 1303 and 1367.(Both are related)
- Following variables can now be specifieD from the cfg file to control behaviour of the skin: hasKeyword, hasMethod, h...
- 03:09 PM Bug #968: Access control for eml2 documents
Main points based on IRC chat on April 30th, 2004. The chat text is also copied
1. if /eml/access (in 2.0....
- 11:09 AM Revision 2148 (metacat): Made changes to fix bug# 1303 and 1367.(Both are related) - corresponding changes need to be made in tmpl file and testing needs to be done before bugs can be closed.
- 11:07 AM Revision 2147 (metacat): fixed a bug in a previous commit.
- 10:46 AM Bug #1388: date format in registry too restrictive
Replaced text field with drop down menu which lists all months and days
- 10:40 AM Revision 2146 (metacat): Made changes to fix bug# 1388.
- Replaced text field with drop down menu which lists all months and days.
- 08:35 AM Bug #1542 (New): SQL Server support broken
- Support for the MS SQL Server database was maintained in versions prior to 1.3
of metacat. Now the xmltables-sqlser...
- 01:04 PM Bug #1302: Changes in links to the guide and updating the guide
"The linsk to the guide need to be changed so that it is easier to understand
that they are links. Or a help icon c...
- 12:53 PM Revision 2145 (metacat): Changes made to fix bug# 1302
- 11:45 AM Bug #1301: Repeatable button for Originators and Keywords entry
- Has repeatable buttons for both Orginator and keywords and seems to work fine
with beta6 and eml2.
- 11:16 AM Revision 2144 (metacat): Made changes to fix 1301. Works fine with eml2 - need to check if works with emlbeta6.
- 11:09 AM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
- Update on Work Remaining:
(12) Email to Site Administrator
The email message content could be improved...
- 01:23 PM Revision 2143 (metacat): Initial suite of JUnit tests for Harvester code
- 12:10 PM Bug #1298: Change in the way required fields are displayed
- 12:10 PM Revision 2142 (metacat): Fixed bug # 1298
- 12:05 PM Revision 2141 (metacat): Fixed bug# 1298
- 10:55 AM Revision 2140 (metacat): Replaced instances of DocList with HarvestList
- 10:54 AM Revision 2139 (metacat): Refactored a number of methods to allow for more effective JUnit testing
- 10:22 AM Bug #1297: Registry: Changes in the Basic Information
Do the following need to be done?
-> Add middle name to first name and last name fields
There is no middle name in ...
- 09:29 AM Bug #1538 (Resolved): Entity/Character Refeference Conversion Problems
- In Morpho, we have run into some problem with the use of special, non-ascii
characters (like the 'degree' symbol or ...
- 04:46 PM Revision 2138 (metacat): Made changes to control whether a skin wants to use keywords or not. Keywords probably will be used by all skins alsways. But similar changes can be made for Geographic Coverage or Temporal COverage to control whether a particular section of the insert data template needs to be shown or not. This can be controlled from .cfg file. For example, in nceas.cfg is you define hasKeyword = false, none of the templates will show the keyword part. (Unless, you are using NCEAS skin and you try to modify a document which already has keywords.)
- 02:59 PM Revision 2137 (metacat): Removed beta6 specific code which is no longer being used.
- 02:29 PM Revision 2136 (metacat): Removed repetition of code. Also fixed the link to the modified file submitted from responseTemplate
- 01:29 PM Revision 2135 (metacat): Remove Harvester code from compile and jar targets.
- Add testharvester target for independently testing Harvester code.
- 01:09 PM Revision 2134 (metacat): JUnit files for tseting Harvester code
- 11:08 AM Bug #1530 (Resolved): cfg is readable by everyone
- The *.cfg files in skins is reabable by everyone. This is not good as they
might contain information that should no...
- 10:35 AM Revision 2133 (metacat): Changes to comments
- 04:09 PM Revision 2131 (metacat): Add Harvester documentation to the Metacat Tour
- 02:40 PM Bug #1467: getprincipals action returns referal entries in url form
- Fixed. Passed referred LDAP's URL to the user search function and that results
in output with correct DNs.
- 02:39 PM Bug #1466: getprinicpals action doesnt return trees for UCNRS and PISCO
- Fixed. Changed Context.REFERRAL value from 'follow' to 'ignore' and that
somehow does the job.
- 06:41 PM Revision 2130 (metacat): Added ou also to getprincipal output. So now organizationUnitName is also returned in getprincipal output.
- 05:27 PM Revision 2129 (metacat): Made changes so that PISCO and NRS trees are also returned in getPrincipals action.
- 02:14 PM Revision 2128 (metacat): Remove copy of schema file from harvester target
- 01:48 PM Revision 2127 (metacat): Allow user to set frequency to 0 for testing purposes
- 01:48 PM Revision 2126 (metacat): Modify schema location
- 01:41 PM Revision 2125 (metacat): Remove obsolete schema file
- 01:37 PM Revision 2124 (metacat): Harvest list schema
- 01:24 PM Revision 2123 (metacat): Sample harvest list XML file
- 01:22 PM Revision 2122 (metacat): Remove obsolete file
- 11:27 AM Revision 2121 (metacat): Fixed getprincipals output. Earlier DNs for LTER were in URL form. Now they appear in DN form.
Have to make changes so that PISCO and NRS also show up.
- 08:13 PM Bug #1485 (Resolved): Trouble in entering data in NRS ...
- The following is an error reported by Kevin Browne:
> THe problem is that the failure message generated is s...
- 11:04 AM Revision 2120 (metacat): Shell script for running Harvester on Unix
- 10:59 AM Revision 2119 (metacat): Batch file for running Harvester on Windows
- 10:54 AM Revision 2118 (metacat): Add install-sql property for MS SQL Server
- Add copy task to harvester target
- 08:20 PM Revision 2117 (metacat): Fixed two small bugs.
- 04:49 PM Revision 2116 (metacat): Made changes in XML that is sent back as result of action=getprincipals. Changes are as following:
- 1. <authSystem> tag contains organization attribute which specifies organization name
2. <user> tag now has <organiza...
- 04:12 PM Revision 2115 (metacat): Perl script for transfering documents from one metacat to another metacat. list_of_docids contains list of names of the documents that will be transfered.
- 03:23 PM Bug #1466: getprinicpals action doesnt return trees for UCNRS and PISCO
for the record. so that i dont revolve same issues again. :)
[10:39] <sid> matt - a question regarding bug 1466
- 11:15 PM Bug #1466 (Resolved): getprinicpals action doesnt return trees for UCNRS and PISCO
- The getprincipals right now return trees for all organizations except UCNRS and
PISCO. A similar scenario can be ge...
- 10:59 AM Revision 2114 (metacat): Rename url property to defaultDB
- 11:45 PM Bug #1467 (Resolved): getprincipals action returns referal entries in url form
- getprincipals right now returns urls instead of identities in case of referals.
So for example in case of LTER we g...
- 01:49 PM Revision 2113 (metacat): Added the EventLog functionality to the servlet as action=getlog. Valid parameters are ipAddress, principal, docid, event, start, end. All parameters can be repeated except start and end.
- 09:23 AM Revision 2112 (metacat): Correct minor problems with foreign keys in Harvester tables
- 02:31 AM Revision 2111 (metacat): Partial implementation of a query facility for the access log. Need to fix problems with the date filtering, and tie this into the servlet action when completed and tested.
- 08:51 PM Revision 2110 (metacat): Interim checkin of EventLog reporting structure. Still basically incomplete but compiles.
- 03:11 PM Revision 2109 (metacat): Add three new Harvester tables
- 09:34 AM Revision 2108 (metacat): Omit HARVEST_OPERATION_TABLE and store harvest operations in properties file instead
- 08:52 AM Revision 2107 (metacat): Add new Harvest Operation Properties to replace the HARVEST_OPERATION_TABLE
- 04:44 PM Bug #1452 (In Progress): dtd filenames clash if reused for multiple PUBLIC identifiers
- Problem reported by Rod Spears:
Ok, this is partially intended behavior. Metacat takes the following attitude
- 04:26 PM Bug #1451: null returndoctype fails to return all documents
- Fixed DBQuery.java to allow results even when returndoctype is null, as is
appropriate behavior. Now, both query fie...
- 04:23 PM Bug #1451 (Resolved): null returndoctype fails to return all documents
- When the pathquery "returndoctype" filed is omitted, metacat is supposed to
return all matching documents. In fact,...
- 04:25 PM Revision 2106 (metacat): Fixed the returndoctype bug in DBQuery as described in bug 1451. Now,
- results are returned even if returndoctype is null, which is the
- 09:49 AM Revision 2105 (metacat): Implement sending email reports to harvest administrator and site administrator
- 06:02 PM Revision 2104 (metacat): Patched to make the date-time value insertion work under oracle. Now it
- tests fine under both oracle and postgres. Still need to write an
- 02:18 PM Revision 2103 (metacat): Updated build.xml to add targets for doing the 1.4 database sql upgrades.
- Also note I made it work with both oracle and sql, and note that the MS
SQL Server sql scripts seem to be lacking -- ...
- 01:53 PM Bug #101: generate data set usage metadata/ provide access log
- Basic usage tracking is now implemented. Still need to test on oracle, but
basic functionality is working on postgre...
- 01:43 PM Revision 2102 (metacat): Added additional logging calls for read, upload, insert, update, delete, and
- other commands. Now need to get a reporting function working and this
bug 101 will be largely finished.
- 11:43 AM Revision 2101 (metacat): Modified EventLog to eliminate the separate revision column and instead fold
- that into the docid string. Log now includes read events, but need to update
the data sent there.
- 11:31 AM Revision 2100 (metacat): New EventLogTest modifying the log call to exclude revision.
- 10:15 AM Revision 2099 (metacat): Modified SQL scripts to add the new access_log table. I've partially tested this under postgres but have not yet tested under oracle.
- 09:13 AM Revision 2098 (metacat): Reformatted code for readability and consistency.
- 10:49 PM Revision 2097 (metacat): Added javadoc that was missing for the EventLogData class.
- 10:40 PM Revision 2096 (metacat): Added classes for basic event logging support. These classes write log entries to the database connection. Still to do: query the event log, write oracle sql code (postgres is done), possibly allow the log to be archived to a text file, and possibly do the dtabase writes asynchronously via a caching mechanism.
- 05:24 PM Revision 2095 (metacat): Made change in result tag that is returned in getprincipals action. Replaced userdn with username.
- 04:41 PM Revision 2094 (metacat): Added GPL license text to harvester source files.
- 03:40 PM Revision 2093 (metacat): Fixed a bug the text filed in path xml query maybe splited.
- 03:39 PM Revision 2092 (metacat): Fixed a bug if a document already has index, but now metacat doesn't use index. If you try to delete this one, will cause error.
- 03:38 PM Revision 2091 (metacat): Clean up some code.
- 03:38 PM Revision 2090 (metacat): Add new option for return set size.
- 01:31 PM Bug #162: need harvest/batch load for metacat
- Harvester has demonstrated basic functionality. The following
Harvester capabilities have been implemented:
Also available in: Atom