From 09/25/2006 to 10/24/2006
- 04:52 PM Revision 3067 (metacat): example build properties files for win and ubuntu platforms
- 04:43 PM Revision 3066 (metacat): Added some install docs specific to ubuntu and windows setups
- 02:28 PM Revision 3065 (metacat): Trimmed down initial shapefiles. They must exist in order to start geoserver properly but there's no need for them to have actual data, just a dummy feature with the proper geometry type (multipoint, multipolygon).
- 01:25 PM Revision 3064 (metacat): Removed most (all?) of the deprecated spatial metacat code from head
- 08:04 AM Revision 3063 (metacat): Modified backup script to exclude the backup archives themselves rom the tar file.
- This recursion had caused a disk full error at KNP.
- 08:17 AM Bug #2566 (Resolved): need to set filename for download files
- Currently metacat does not explicitly set the filename on downloaded files to anything sensible. Instead, it just us...
- 05:35 PM Bug #2564 (Resolved): escaped "less than" in inlinedata causes invalid eml output
- From: inigo san gil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > My valid EML file
> > (http://www.cedarcreek.umn.edu/data/emlFiles/p...
- 02:53 PM Bug #2517: Charset bug: > "less than" symbol does not display correctly
- Inigo San Gil also reports a related issue:
My valid EML file
- 12:39 PM Revision 3062 (metacat): changed the name of the repository
- 12:21 PM Revision 3061 (metacat): adding xml-apis
- 12:19 PM Revision 3060 (metacat): adding xalan.jar
- 12:07 PM Revision 3059 (metacat): fixed errors in xalan.jar location
- 04:47 PM Revision 3057 (metacat): Correctly cache doc title in the spatial cache
- 04:45 PM Revision 3056 (metacat): Temporary fix for KML output; geoserver can only handle the points layer
- 02:21 PM Revision 3054 (metacat): Fixed geometry logic to swap north and south if n < s
- 10:04 AM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
Following query can be used to replace the first IN clause
select distinct a.docid, a.docname, a.doctype, a.date_cr...
- 08:51 AM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
- Just changing the 'LIKE' operator to the '=' operator allows the optimizer to use indices if they exist. Unfortunate...
- 09:11 AM Bug #2557 (Resolved): Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_access part of the query
- The subpart of metacat search queries that does an access control check is inefficient. It first checks the user_owne...
- 08:40 AM Bug #1879: Metacat Performance: Summary
- The growth of Metacat's document store has eroded the performance gains we made previously. We are now back to havin...
- 01:13 AM Revision 3053 (metacat): Reverting to previous QueryTerm.java that uses 'LIKE' for comparisons. This
- allows substring matching to work properly, but prevents the postgres index
from being used. As a result, full table...
- 04:21 PM Revision 3052 (metacat): Modifications to the table definitions to add indices that should be used
- when searching the database. Added an upgrade script to create these
indices as well. Modified QueryTerm.java to use...
- 10:08 AM Bug #192: create a dtd for result sets
- 10:08 AM Bug #192: create a dtd for result sets
- Closing because we do not intend to provide a resultset DTD -- we will be slowly moving to the more expressive and be...
- 08:27 AM Bug #2228: Use method other than metadata string filters for determining the organizations affiliationed with a data package
- (In reply to comment #2)
> Another possible solution is to specify an attribute in the organization tag
> which speci...
- 07:21 AM Bug #2228: Use method other than metadata string filters for determining the organizations affiliationed with a data package
Another possible solution is to specify an attribute in the organization tag which specifies if the document belongs...
- 08:12 AM Bug #1296: Registry: Need to login before the form is filled
This functionality is already implemented for ESA skin and should be extended to all the other skins. So these are m...
- 08:01 AM Bug #2495: Charset bug: Internationalization
- The new relase has broken the code incorporated by the team of Mr. Chau Chin Lin. I have told them that they are welc...
- 07:31 AM Bug #2310: Advanced search functionality has to be integrated into various skins.
there is some advanced search capabilities in lter skin also. those are a potential candidate for advanced functiona...
- 07:28 AM Bug #2229: Allowing web registry pull-down menu for "Station Name" to select multiple stations
This has been discussed before. We can have two drop down boxes with add and remove buttons in between. So the user ...
- 06:55 AM Bug #2159: Metacat Performance: Divide xml_nodes based on the doctype
This approach might be worth considering but I think it will only give short term benefits if at all any benefits. T...
- 06:50 AM Bug #2157: Metacat Performance: Optimize Postgres and Tomcat...
The current RAM specified for Tomat and Postgres in KNB:
Tomcat: 500 MB
Postgres: 760 MB
- 06:49 AM Bug #2155: Metacat Performace: Rewrite the xml_nodes queries
IN clause is not so efficient. I was able to improve performance by using outer joins instead of IN to improve perfo...
- 06:40 AM Bug #1980: Duplication when displaying catalog of data packages
Not able to reproduce this bug. Might already be fixed.
- 06:35 AM Bug #1674: Access control for eml-2.1.0 documents
- Eml210SAXHandler.java is a copy of Eml200SAXHandler.java and this is the file which needs to be modified. I think cod...
- 06:34 AM Bug #1601: Metacat will add default value for optional parameter into eml 2 document
We need to checkout the newer versions of Xerces and see if the newer version provides an option to avoid entering o...
- 06:16 AM Bug #2380: returnfield system needs to implement more xpath
- If I understand the bug correctly, then this functionality is already present in
- 05:54 AM Bug #2153: Metacat Performace: Add/drop indices on key columns
For each of the queries, EXPLAIN needs to be done. I have noticed that for some of the queries, full table scan is b...
- 05:50 AM Bug #1542: SQL Server support broken
Here are the files which need to be updated:
Also available in: Atom