MultiInstanceComposite actor deadlocks sometimes
When this actor is used in a workflow, Kepler sometimes deadlocks. To see this, repeatedley run a workflow with this actor. It freezes primarily during preinitialize, but sometimes during wrapup.
Updated by Christopher Brooks about 14 years ago
I can't reproduce this.
In Kepler-1.0.0 on a multicore Windows 2003 Server with Java 1.6.0_07, I did:
1) Started Kepler by clicking in the icon
2) Help -> About -> Documentation
3) Clicked on "background information about Ptolemy" -> Quick Tour -> "complete list of demos" -> SDF -> DFTSubset
4) I ran the demo several times and did not hang for me.
There could easily be a bug here, but I'm not sure what model
was being run and on what platform and with what version of the JVM.
To check the JVM version, start up Kepler and click on Tools -> Check System