From 08/24/2000 to 09/22/2000
- 04:09 PM Bug #151 (Resolved): need doctype equivalence specification
- Metadata document types will certainly evolve, and as they do, some applications
that depend on those types will bre...
- 04:05 PM Bug #150 (Resolved): metacat accepts invalid documents
- Currently, the metacat servlet accepts documents that are not valid according to
their type. We need to change this...
- 04:00 PM Bug #129: Metacat Performance: paged Query Returns
- *** Bug 147 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 04:00 PM Bug #147: return partial resultsets
- Feature was already described by berkley.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 129 ***
- 03:39 PM Bug #147 (Resolved): return partial resultsets
- Need feature in metacat that allows the client to specify if only a partial
resultset should be returned for a query...
- 03:57 PM Bug #149 (Resolved): Need revision number to uniquely specify docid
- The xml_documents.docid field is currently used to store the metadata identifier
for all xml documents. However, ou...
- 03:43 PM Bug #92: need access control tracking for metadata documents
- Changed target milestone to Beta2
- 03:42 PM Bug #148 (Resolved): node-level granularity for ACLs
- Feature requested to be able to specify ACLs with node-level granularity, so
that portions of XML documents can be r...
- 03:16 PM Bug #138 (Resolved): use LDAP as optional directory for authentication
- May be powerful to use an LDAP server or network to handle authentication rather
than the current MCAT authenticatio...
- 03:13 PM Bug #137 (Resolved): need admin client for managing SRB systems
- Need an adminsitrative utility modeled after the srb admin utility for managing
the distributed srb network, users o...
- 02:50 PM Revision 463 (metacat): added extra timing information to the main() driver method.
- 01:25 PM Revision 462 (metacat): fix the small bug with output like:
- Fatal processing error
- 01:22 PM Revision 461 (metacat): writeDocID() not needed any more
- throw SAXException from everywhere
- 01:21 PM Revision 460 (metacat): on character(cbuf, start, len) included:
- if currentNode.getTagName().equals("title")
instead of using:
- 01:15 PM Revision 459 (metacat): change Assession# generation to use the same db connection
- 01:07 PM Bug #131 (Resolved): add doctype identifier to returnfields
- a returnfield should not only include the path to an element but also the
doctype from which it should be selected. ...
- 01:05 PM Bug #130 (Resolved): remove the title hack from metacat
- Remove the "hack" that puts the title of a document into the xml_documents table
and replace it with a returnfield t...
- 01:02 PM Bug #129 (Closed): Metacat Performance: paged Query Returns
- If a query returns more than n results, then only n results should be shown to
the user at a time. This functionali...
- 01:00 PM Bug #128 (Resolved): change resource public ID in the catalog
- The public ID of eml-resource documents needs to be changed in the catalog to
fit with the standard syntax of public...
- 12:58 PM Bug #97: combine printExtendedSQL and printSQL methods into one
- At this time, I think it is better to leave the two methods seperate. It is
cleaner to do it this way because even i...
- 12:52 PM Bug #28: need doctype backtracing/linking feature as part of doctype filter
- same as bug 113
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 113 ***
- 12:52 PM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- *** Bug 28 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 12:51 PM Bug #113: need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- This addition to the functionality will be aided by the completion of the
package spec. Packaging can be used to cre...
- 10:55 AM Bug #113 (Resolved): need "dataset oriented" html interface for results
- The current HTML interface displays result sets as a table, with all metadata
documents displayed. We need to modi...
- 12:50 PM Bug #98: add download action to marineservlet
- This functionality was added to metacatservlet. It can be accessed through
- 12:49 PM Bug #114: need interface for package info and downloading
- The packaging functionality is now working. Functionality for downloading a zip
file containing all of the package f...
- 10:57 AM Bug #114 (Resolved): need interface for package info and downloading
- Need to modify the current HTML interface for marine to allow display of the
"package" relationships and allow for ...
- 11:09 AM Bug #117 (Resolved): need new HTML interface allowing boolean search
- Need a new HTML interface for the marine servlet that allows construction of a
simple boolean expression for search...
- 10:58 AM Revision 458 (metacat): Updated the download data function. the download data function now pulls a document from the database, zips it up and sends the zip stream to the client. It also zips up any related files. a relation parameter is used to pass related files to the servlet. If only one document should be zipped and sent, a single docid in the param hashtable is sufficient.
- 05:40 PM Revision 457 (metacat): changes related to decrease the time of INSERT of document.
- With these changes I inserted 200KB file for 3 minutes, 50KB for 50sec.
This is mainly simplifing the DBSAXNode class...
- 03:16 PM Revision 456 (metacat): updated this style sheet to display only resource documents and their related files. Also added hidden input params to the images on the left so that the related document info is sent back to the servlet when documentation or an abstract is requested.
- 12:53 PM Revision 455 (metacat): this stylesheet now processes relation information.
- 12:53 PM Revision 454 (metacat): This allows for the easy handling of metacat:// urls. The documentation in the source code explains the specification for the url in detail.
- 12:52 PM Revision 453 (metacat): Added functionality for package specifications. metacatservlet now contains a new action called getrelateddocument that handles retrieving related documents using the metacatURL specification (metacatURL.java). DBQuery contains new code in runQuery that embeds relation tags in the returned hashtable describing the documents related to each docid. querySpecification contains a new method which prints the sql that does the relation query.
- 03:03 PM Revision 451 (metacat): fix bug in toXML() about getting output of XML document like:
- 01:59 PM Revision 450 (metacat): added parentnodeid to xml_index table
- 01:57 PM Revision 449 (metacat): added parentnodeid to xml_index
- 01:09 PM Revision 447 (metacat): fix for "Document not found" err message on "getdocument" action
- 01:07 PM Revision 446 (metacat): fix for "public" authentication
- 01:38 PM Revision 445 (metacat): xml_documents.public_access modified to be
- NUMBER(1) DEFAULT 1
ie all documents to have public access by default
- 12:42 PM Revision 444 (metacat): removed print statments
- 12:28 PM Revision 443 (metacat): fixed xml tag error in squer
- 11:24 AM Revision 442 (metacat): fixed bug in handleSQuery that returned the <?xml?> tag in the <query> tag of a resultset.
- 10:37 AM Revision 441 (metacat): added check from "read" permission on "query" and "squery" actions
- for connected user or for "public" connection
- 01:36 PM Revision 440 (metacat): 3 indexes added on:
- xml_nodes (rootnodeid)
xml_documents (docid, doctype)
- 08:07 AM Bug #99: add getDocumentAction to marineServlet
- This action was added. A style sheet for resource documents was also written.
- 08:05 AM Bug #100: add viewabstract action to metacatServlet
- This functionality now works. It uses a CGI parameter called abstractpath to
identify the xml path to the abstract.
- 08:04 AM Bug #109: query speed slows as database grows
- Changed the queries to reduce the number of subqueries which increased the speed
of the query signifigantly.
- 02:01 PM Revision 438 (metacat): added documentation and cleaned up the markup.
- 01:51 PM Revision 437 (metacat): added support for getabstract action
- 01:50 PM Revision 436 (metacat): Added a method called getNodeContent which retrieves the content of a node in a document. If there are more than one nodes with the same name returned, it returns an array with all of the data.
- 01:49 PM Revision 435 (metacat): Added support for viewabstract
- 08:46 AM Revision 434 (metacat): added resource.xsl to the catalog
- 08:45 AM Revision 433 (metacat): no message
- 08:43 AM Revision 432 (metacat): style sheet for resource documents
- 05:40 PM Bug #109: query speed slows as database grows
- Reassigned to berkley.
- 05:37 PM Revision 431 (metacat): Modified MetaCatServlet to use the new DocumentImpl.toXml() method for
- efficiency of reading documents. See bugzilla bug #111 for an explanation.
- 05:24 PM Revision 430 (metacat): Updated the test.xml file to use more XML features for testing insert,
- update, and read functions of DocumentImpl. Now the document contains
comments and processing instructions.
- 05:16 PM Bug #111: reading large documents from metacat is slow
- Fixed document reading bug (bugzilla bug #111) so that reading documents is
no longer a power function of the number ...
- 05:14 PM Revision 429 (metacat): Fixed document reading bug (bugzilla bug #111) so that reading documents
- is no longer a power function of the number of nodes in the document
(which used to be the case). Now, reading a doc...
- 01:47 PM Revision 428 (metacat): change the 2 executions in archiveDocRevision()
- with 1 statement:
"insert into xml_revisions
select ... from xml_documents where docid = ..."
- 12:04 PM Revision 427 (metacat): small changes on hasWritePermission()
- 05:08 PM Revision 426 (metacat): get rid of the FK in xml_acess table that points to xm_documents.docid
- since xml_access.docid(s) point to current and revised documents
(ie xml_documents.docid and xml_revisions.docid)
- 05:01 PM Revision 425 (metacat): storing user_owner and user_updated where needed
- new function in DocumentImpl checking for "write" perm on UPDATE or DELETE
added delete from xml_index of the old ver...
- 02:43 PM Revision 424 (metacat): this file is no longer used.
- 02:24 PM Bug #55: change order of fields
- The order was changed
- 02:23 PM Bug #54: title and altitle fields are too small
- Changed the size of the fields to 30 characters.
- 02:23 PM Bug #53: Interface does not look good in 800x600
- Changed the interface to work better with lower resolutions. Fonts were made
smaller and buttons and text boxes were...
- 02:20 PM Revision 423 (metacat): changed xslf for new returnfield scheme. the returnfields are now returned as <param name="<returnfield>"> tags.
- hThe sql for the returnfield query was redone to fix a previous problem with slow queries
- 02:18 PM Revision 422 (metacat): changed xslf for new resultfield scheme
- 01:04 PM Bug #111 (Resolved): reading large documents from metacat is slow
- Reading documents from metacat seems to scale with document size, and gets to be
extremely slow for even medium size...
- 12:58 PM Bug #110 (Resolved): foreign keys to xml_catalog
- The current uses of public identifiers in the xml_documents and xml_revisions
tables do not explicity reference xml_...
- 11:36 AM Bug #109 (Resolved): query speed slows as database grows
- As the database grows in size, the speed at which a query result is returned
becomes greater. The database size to ...
- 11:19 AM Revision 421 (metacat): cleared static methods in AccessionNumber classes for fixing bug found
- when multiple requests to the servlet at a time.
- 01:58 PM Revision 420 (metacat): changed paths in returnfield parameters
- 11:01 AM Revision 419 (metacat): added alt tags
- 11:01 AM Revision 418 (metacat): added alt tag
- 11:00 AM Revision 417 (metacat): new graphics and their adobe illustrator vector files
- 10:58 AM Revision 416 (metacat): changed colors and layout
- 01:28 PM Revision 415 (metacat): Minor update to remove unneeded constructor in DocumentImpl class.
- 11:38 AM Revision 414 (metacat): new table xml_access and new attrs to xml_documents for ACL
- 04:18 PM Revision 413 (metacat): for getDoctypes() added
- WHERE entry_type='DTD' condition in the select statement
- 01:56 PM Revision 412 (metacat): fixed typ-o
- 01:49 PM Revision 411 (metacat): Changes with Srb authentication: including quering of Srb/MCAT during the Srb connection for:
- - groupname of connected user
- list of groups and users in MCAT for ACL function for MetaCat
- 01:17 PM Revision 410 (metacat): update of build.xml based on Matt's recommendations
- 11:59 AM Revision 409 (metacat): added an @image-path@ property to get around the messed up images when loading images from tomcat. To add your own image directory,
- create a directory under /opt/httpd/html/img/ and add the path to the image-path property in build.xml. Then all img...
- 06:28 PM Revision 408 (metacat): Continued code redesign for the DocumentImpl class. Now the "delete" and
- "write" methods are static, so a DocumentImpl objject need not be created
in order to initiate a INSERT, UPDATE, or D...
- 04:47 PM Revision 407 (metacat): Folded the functionality from DBWriter into DocumentImpl, continuing the
- work started earlir to create a more DOM-like model for the classes, in
which a single DocumentImpl class handles bot...
- 10:27 AM Bug #101 (Resolved): generate data set usage metadata/ provide access log
- Tracking data set usage is an important part of running a metadata and data
archive. We need a new feature in the m...
- 08:57 AM Revision 406 (metacat): removed extraneous dash (-) from output loop that was entered unintentionallyi
Also available in: Atom