From 09/17/2007 to 10/16/2007
- 05:52 PM Bug #2985 (Resolved): Expand public access flag to the whole ACL
- Expand public access flag (from bug #2929) in MetaCatServlet.readFromMetacat, to do more than just signal public read...
- 05:27 PM Bug #2984 (Closed): "AccessControlList.getACL" returns outdated XML structure
- The "MetCatServlet.handleGetAccessControlAction" calls another method "AccessControlList.getACL". The resulting XML ...
- 04:48 PM Revision 3518 (metacat): organize the various file action buttons
- annotate table cells with classes defined in stylesheet (now they can be customized for each skin!)
make the data lab...
- 04:02 PM Revision 3517 (metacat): Added new functionality for action="Set Access". Includes methods handleChangeAccess, setPublicAccess and getNodeTextStack. Also, cleaned up some code as a result.
- 03:57 PM Revision 3516 (metacat): Modified string constant "SUB_DOCS_PATH" to be static and public accessible.
- 03:55 PM Revision 3515 (metacat): Modified to accept (and display) parameters "publicRead" and "message". Modifications to allow users to change public access to package.
- 03:48 PM Revision 3514 (metacat): Added param to indicate if public has read access or not, in the method "readFromMetacat". It only does this if reading a metadata document, for a skin-format,
- and the user is not public. This is useful to the skin's metadata display/editing form, for indicating public access...
- 05:05 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Consider auto update, RPM upgrade is better chioce. No matter rpm or source instllation, we have to shutdown metacat ...
- 04:42 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Another issue is about the install dir and the database data dir. The space
needed to install postgresql is about 30 ...
- 03:07 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- The disadvantage of installing pg8 from source code is that security patches will not be automatically applied. So, ...
- 02:38 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Here is the time issue:
Since we can install postgresql 8 while 7 is running, installation time is not a big issue. H...
- 02:12 PM Bug #2983: Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- In my test machine, I did succesfully installed 8 while 7 was running. In order to do so, we need install 8 from sour...
- 02:00 PM Bug #2983 (Resolved): Update PostgreSQL from 7.4 to 8.2 in knb.msi
- Here is the email from matt:
I see no problem, so go ahead. However, you should be sure to absolutely mini...
- 04:37 PM Revision 3513 (metacat): Some minor code cleanup.
- 03:58 PM Revision 3512 (metacat): Fixed bug where the Permission Order was always being set to 'allowFirst'.
- It was comparing against the constant AccessControlInterface.DENYFIRST with the variable name surrounded by quotes. ...
- 07:16 AM Revision 3511 (metacat): use garden route park boundary box coordinates for the four "missing" areas (knysna, tsit, mokala, wilderness)
- 06:15 PM Revision 3510 (metacat): initial skin draft for FIRST project as metacat deployment.
- will require [much] more customization to be fully useful for project, but this is a start.
- 09:34 AM Revision 3509 (metacat): sych left nav list and map locations with the sanparks.org "Parks A-Z" listing.
- still missing spatial data for:
Knysna National Lake Area
Mokala National Park
Tsitsikamma National Park
- 02:08 PM Revision 3508 (metacat): fix IE compatibility issue with iframe content documents
- 11:44 AM Revision 3507 (metacat): Modified a sql command from "like" to "=". It dramatically improves the peformance of build index.
- 05:20 PM Bug #2805: Metacat Performance: updates from Morpho of data packages are taking longer than five minutes
- I searched the internet and found somebody said:
==Almost always, if delete is slow when selecting the same rows is ...
- 03:57 PM Revision 3506 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve delete and update speed.
- 03:56 PM Revision 3505 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve delete and upgrade performance.
- 03:55 PM Revision 3504 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve deleting and update speed.
- 03:54 PM Revision 3503 (metacat): Add two indexes to improve peformance of deleting and update
- 03:42 PM Revision 3502 (metacat): Grant the public read access to the data files, if it was done for the metadata file. Also cleaned-up some debug statements.
- 03:28 PM Revision 3501 (metacat): Find out if the document is a Member of an EML package, and if that's not the case, than skip the test to see if access is set through EML metadata.
- 01:23 PM Revision 3500 (metacat): move the navstrip background to the iframe class so that it extends when displaying longer pages (eml docs, say)
- 06:00 PM Revision 3499 (metacat): crop to 112 height - removes bottom light green line
- 05:59 PM Revision 3498 (metacat): make css work in IE. found an errant quotation mark that was throwing IE off and making super-ugly pages.
- then it was smoothing out the details one by one...
- 05:58 PM Revision 3497 (metacat): move
- 05:57 PM Revision 3496 (metacat): explicitly set white background for main content.
- 05:57 PM Revision 3495 (metacat): add filler for title element so that rendering in IE is not compromised.
- use regtext class for paragraph
- 02:25 PM Revision 3494 (metacat): crop to 112 height - removes bottom light green line
- 01:29 PM Revision 3493 (metacat): added national parks locations from shapefile
- (thank you shaun+postgis)
- 10:01 AM Revision 3492 (metacat): use "within" rather than "intersects" as the spatial search criteria for dataset location.
- (see bugzilla #2972)
- 08:50 AM Revision 3490 (metacat): added commented out reference to the all-in-one sanparks.xsl (resultset, eml, fgdc handling). this is for use with the no-iframe skin approach
- 08:46 AM Revision 3489 (metacat): keep the commented out lines incase we want to switch to no-iframes skin
- 08:44 AM Revision 3488 (metacat): changes used when experimenting with the no-iframe method of skinning (does not conflict with the previous method if skinning that uses iframes)
- 08:42 AM Revision 3487 (metacat): remove unused page import
- 05:00 PM Revision 3486 (metacat): Fixed 3 bugs:
- 1) If there is a call to this class without an "action" (i.e. the initial time the login form is loaded) a null point...
- 04:10 PM Revision 3485 (metacat): Modifications to accomodate Downloads. Includes "Download" forms/buttons.
- 04:08 PM Revision 3484 (metacat): Modifications to accomodate Downloads.
- 04:06 PM Revision 3483 (metacat): Created method "private void download(ClientView bean, HttpServletResponse response)", along with several other additions to support downloading.
- Includes functionality for FGDC-related package downloads (zip file) and individual data file downloads, with origina...
- 04:02 PM Revision 3482 (metacat): Created new XPath constants for FGDC queries.
- 04:00 PM Revision 3481 (metacat): Created method "synchronized public InputStream sendParameters(Properties args) throws Exception".
- Sends a request to Metacat. An alternative to the sentData method. Allows for sending multiple parameters with the ...
- 06:04 PM Revision 3479 (metacat): clean up the commented out option list
- close <form> tag
- 02:38 PM Revision 3478 (metacat): deleted a empty bulletin.
- 08:34 AM Revision 3477 (metacat): comment out annoying alert() debug statements
- 05:12 PM Bug #2971: Metacat Skins test report
- Fixed the bug of default skin - clicking create new account, the new page will just show in the frame. Adding a targe...
- 05:08 PM Revision 3476 (metacat): fixed the bug that clicking create new user link(and change password and reset password links) will just show the new page in a frame.
- 04:41 PM Revision 3475 (metacat): refactored <access> and <allow> element creation. Added logic to give both owner and skin admin privilages to access uploaded data objects.
- 04:23 PM Revision 3474 (metacat): Minor fixes to improve the registry CSS to match the new NCEAS skin. Still reliant on iframes, so the overall L+F is broken.
- 06:05 PM Bug #2971: Metacat Skins test report
- After Shaun's new check-in, I test obfs,ltss, nrs and specnet skins. After login, the page can be redirected to entry...
- 05:19 PM Bug #1552: Dependence of NCEAS registry on Admin database
- Callie's comment from dupe:
The ability to "search" on the list with somekind of "auto-field"
is mentioned and would...
- 05:18 PM Bug #1552: Dependence of NCEAS registry on Admin database
- *** Bug 2785 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- 05:18 PM Bug #2785: NCEAS project list does not update from the NCEAS admin database
- Duplicate of bug #1552, marking as dupe, re-assigning the original to me.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicat...
- 05:14 PM Bug #1296: Registry: Need to login before the form is filled
- Fixed for skins which use the registry (NCEAS, ESA, NRS, OBFS, SPECNET, LTSS). Changed registry workflow to redirect ...
- 04:12 PM Revision 3473 (metacat): Cleaned up regexes used in register-dataset.cgi to support arbitrary numbers of elements for keywords. Cleaned up regexes for state selection, to omit default values. Added debug as a GET parameter, so a page can be debugged by appending `&debug=1'. Committed latest changes to file processing, to allow files to be deleted after returning to the entry page from confirmation or processing errors. Seperated out entryForm.js from entryForm.tmpl to simplify debugging.
- 04:04 PM Revision 3471 (metacat): Changes in login processing to match new register-dataset.cgi workflow: user must login before seeing the form, to prevent data loss. New template login.xsl provides simple redirection back to register-dataset.cgi.
- 03:57 PM Revision 3470 (metacat): Moved images to images/ subfolder
- 03:56 PM Bug #2971 (Resolved): Metacat Skins test report
- Here are some problems happened in different skins
1) In obfs,ltss, nrs and specnet skins, there is no logout mechan...
- rch.js to cut down on replication. Modifications to nceas.css and midnight.css to clean up integration of Drupal theme.
- 09:59 PM Revision 3468 (metacat): Add debug information.
- 04:49 PM Revision 3467 (metacat): Use localhost to replace the host name in case axi is configured to reject remote admin.
- 03:57 PM Revision 3466 (metacat): Get rid of the hard code kepler for web context.
- 06:44 PM Revision 3465 (metacat): Add a new test to test new query method with qformat.
- 06:43 PM Revision 3464 (metacat): Add a new method - query which can specify qformat.
- 06:42 PM Revision 3463 (metacat): Add new query method which can specify qformat.
- 04:13 PM Revision 3462 (metacat): use 'squery' searching so that both EML and FGDC can be searched based on location and an anyfield search string.
- changed 'All' to use empty string ("") value rather than "%" - plays better with QueryGroup
- 03:25 PM Revision 3460 (metacat): use INTERSECTION for query operator (aka AND) so that we actually _limit_ by the park name...
- 02:56 PM Revision 3459 (metacat): added:
- 02:30 PM Revision 3458 (metacat): Modified the "clientDeleteRequest" method to handle meta-file deletes.
- 02:28 PM Revision 3457 (metacat): Clear the bean's "action" property after most operations are complete, in case user refreshes the browser (it won't repeat). Modified "delete" code, and "handleFileUpdate" method. Added new methods: getStringFromInputStream and makeRedirectUrl.
- 02:21 PM Revision 3456 (metacat): Added property "metaFileDocId", and constant "UPDATE_MESSAGE", to accomodate update and delete operations.
- 02:14 PM Revision 3455 (metacat): Confirmation dialag, which displays a message. Initial checkin. Intended to be the destination JSP when an entire data package is deleted (i.e. deleting the metadata file). Placed in common folder, since it is not skin specific.
- 02:11 PM Revision 3454 (metacat): Moved location of file from skin to common, since it is independant of a single skin. Modified most of the internal code to allow redirecting request to an appropriate destination.
- 02:07 PM Revision 3453 (metacat): Modified form action URL's. Removed call to map. Used shorter version of JSP syntax in forms.
Also available in: Atom